Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynomax Bullet Resonator vs SLP Loudmouth Resonator

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 04:25 PM
cpo
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dynomax Bullet Resonator vs SLP Loudmouth Resonator

I can get either one for roughly the same price, brand new. I leaning towards the LM because it is stainless steel and the Dynomax is only aluminzed.
These are just the resonators, not a cat-back. I'm just going to swap out the factory muffler.
So anyway, I assume they sound roughly the same and flow roughly the same. Is that an accurate assumption? Am I overlooking anything in my decision making process?

SLP #847-31066
3" ID/OD, 4" body diameter, 18-1/4" overall length

Dynomax Race Bullet
3" ID/OD, 4" body diameter, 18-1/4" overall length
Old 04-06-2011, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an FYI, those will NOT be a direct swap with the factory muffler.

Both are pretty even in sound and flow, the LM2 muffler is just like the dynomax. The Lm1 is hollow with nothing to change the sound AKA straight pipe. I have a LM2 with LTs and cats and it was incredible sounding....I personally am going with the dynomax this time around because of cost and people saying it is a little deeper.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah you will need a rumbler system or the lm1 system, you cannot just swap one in on a factory catback,you can get a lm1 for around 150 all day,if the car is all stock lm1 is my vote,if you plan on mods and you wanna stick with the lm setup get a borla xr1 ,sounds great
Old 04-06-2011, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have one of the greatest sounding system that I have heard on an Fbody in person. I really dont hear any difference between systems when listening on the internet. I have LT, Hi flow cats, TD's, X pipe, and LM1's with quad 4" outlet resonated tips. I have gotten NUMEROUS compliments on how deep the sound is. ( I know some of you will say " LM1's DEEP?!?!? Yeah right" ) You would really have to hear it in person. But if your going to change your exhaust get a shop to fab you some TD's with an x pipe and LM1's. You will not regret it.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PheonixLS1
I have one of the greatest sounding system that I have heard on an Fbody in person. I really dont hear any difference between systems when listening on the internet. I have LT, Hi flow cats, TD's, X pipe, and LM1's with quad 4" outlet resonated tips. I have gotten NUMEROUS compliments on how deep the sound is. ( I know some of you will say " LM1's DEEP?!?!? Yeah right" ) You would really have to hear it in person. But if your going to change your exhaust get a shop to fab you some TD's with an x pipe and LM1's. You will not regret it.

My LM2 with LTs and hi flow cats was very deep....not hard to believe especially with an X pipe and large piping.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:48 PM
cpo
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the info fellas. Seems the Dynomax Bullet is able to overcome the LM's stainless steel construction by having better sound quality and being a couple of db quieter. Also, the Dynomax retails about $30-40 cheaper.

Also, one of the better exhaust shops in town took a look at the factory set-up and said he would have little problem deleting the factory muffler and integrating a 4" by 18.25" resonator all while leaving the factory '98 SS single tip in place.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just a heads up..... Dynomax race system is 325 shipped AND you get a $75 rebate card from dynomax...

http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/19418/10002/-1

I asked ws6store.com and they don't currently stock the system, so I had to order through Jegs.

I will be reporting as soon as I get this system in!
Old 04-09-2011, 02:09 AM
cpo
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TImmy_Jones
Just a heads up..... Dynomax race system is 325 shipped AND you get a $75 rebate card from dynomax...

http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/19418/10002/-1

I asked ws6store.com and they don't currently stock the system, so I had to order through Jegs.

I will be reporting as soon as I get this system in!
Pipes is pipes, so I'm just gonna swap the muffler for a Dynomax Bullet. Might cost me a few HP, but I'll still gain some but more importantly get that bad-assed sound for less than $90 installed.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i run a dynomax bullet but not the race muffler thats in the pic. it is the ultraflo 3inch round bullet muffler. nice and deep at idle and cruising, but sounds great at WOT
Old 04-09-2011, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hoping this race bullet is plenty audible!

Quick Reply: Dynomax Bullet Resonator vs SLP Loudmouth Resonator