Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

summit shipping my stuff weeks late

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default summit shipping my stuff weeks late

I bought a Be Cool on a saturday with the website saying it would ship the following Monday. A week and a half later I have no ship notifications so i ask customer service. Now they are saying it will be august 10th, which is 3 weeks later than expected.

Would you guys just suck it up and wait or what? Am I just impatient from wrenching/waiting for 6 months?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would find out why its taking so long.. honestly I probably wouldn't wait
Old 07-31-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd wait.

They might not stock them (even though the site said they did) and maybe it gets drop shipped or ordered from Be Cool.

I get impatient and pissy when I work on stuff too. Just take a break until the radiator comes.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wrong part of the forums. But **** happens.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't recall if my BeCool went through Summit, or Jegs. Either way, there was a too long delay.
I called Summit (or Jegs) & asked them to verify that it was on the way, or that maybe they had 'forgotten' me.
With me on the line, they called someone @ BeCool, & it was determined that the order had been misplaced.
BeCool expedited the radiator from there.
As a sidenote, I'd rather go through Jegs. Their shipping costs & timeliness is better.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my experience, Summit Racing has ALWAYS delivered as expected. If anything is in a delay status, its the manufacturer and not Summit. If Summit is out, chances are others are too. If you can get it from somone else for the same price or less and available for immediate shipment I would cancel and order from them.

I have a fuel injection tank right now on back order since 12 June. Not Summit's fault....just waiting on Rick's Tank.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

I waited 4 months for some racing seats from Summit.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

I just finished ordering suspension parts from Summit, and even though they had to ship two different shipments from two different warehouses, both packages arrived the day of the earliest projected arrival as opposed to the last. I was impressed, frankly, and in the past Summit has always trumped other suppliers for parts shipping on anything that was in-house. I may not always like their prices (price hunting can find better a lot of times), but shipping has never been a sore spot for me with them.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gMAG
I don't recall if my BeCool went through Summit, or Jegs. Either way, there was a too long delay.
I called Summit (or Jegs) & asked them to verify that it was on the way, or that maybe they had 'forgotten' me.
With me on the line, they called someone @ BeCool, & it was determined that the order had been misplaced.
As a sidenote, I'd rather go through Jegs. Their shipping costs & timeliness is better.
I have always went through summit because they usually are a tad bit cheaper on the stuff I have been buying at least, I might check out JEGS next time and try them this time around and see how I like it.

Summit has never let me down though, I have always got my stuff on time. But **** does happen and sometimes orders just fall idle and vanish into the trash box or someone doesn't click the fill button or something. They also have to deal with the manufacturer also, they could be out. Sometimes its the manufacturer giving the vendor the run around about back order parts and when the clock ticks and the customer ends up getting pissed the vendor is the one that catches all the **** for it.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i am at a APO stationed in italy, and i ordered my BeCool from summit about a month ago. From the time i place the order to the time i recieved the radiator was less than 2 weeks. I think i might have got the last BeCool that summit had on stock, and they probably had to drop ship yours from the Mfg. the only thing they forgot with my order was the radiator cap. when i called them they shipped it out asap and i got it in 6 days.

Just letting you know, my radiator got to me here in italy fast from summit
Old 08-02-2012, 06:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gMAG
Hmmm, first time I've quoted myself.
Just want to be clear...it was BeCool who dropped the ball, and failed to properly communicate with Summit or Jegs.
Summit has a mostly good track record for me.