Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging Anyone From DMH or Texas Speed....

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Ill take some pics of what you need to undo to replace it if it helps.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is just a thought. Has anyone tried calling there credit or debit card company that they bought there cutout with? Many cards have buyer protection services, and if they can't reach DMH either then they may be willing to do a charge-back or charge reversal on your account effectively refunding your money without you even returning the cutout. It's at least worth trying.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to receive great customer service with DMH. I would call and speak with the guy all the time and receive my cutout back from repair with no problem. Made the mistake of sending him one of my cutouts recently without doing my research and finding out he had fallen off. So now I'm in the same boat as everyone else.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
Ill take some pics of what you need to undo to replace it if it helps.
mine is almost the same. with the thing apart and i put power to it, it spins as it should in both direction, but once i put it back together it just binds. im thinking the motor has something wrong with it internally. or i dont have the gears in correctly. if you can post some pics of the correct layout of the gears that would be awesome!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fry_
This is just a thought. Has anyone tried calling there credit or debit card company that they bought there cutout with? Many cards have buyer protection services, and if they can't reach DMH either then they may be willing to do a charge-back or charge reversal on your account effectively refunding your money without you even returning the cutout. It's at least worth trying.
My friend just recently did this successfully through his credit card company. Not a bad route given all of the product failures and a useless warranty to fall back on.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys think Id be able to even though I ordered this months ago??
Old 03-20-2013, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OP sorry for the spot you are in, im not surprised about DMH being hard to get ahold of howevever geting bad products from them is a first for me. ive gone with DMH several times for many builds and friends builds and ive spoken to the guy a few times over the phone and he explained how he runs his company by himself and is always swamped with people all over the country calling for cutouts and piping. hes a good guy though and will do what he can to fix your situation.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ldyzluvdis06
mine is almost the same. with the thing apart and i put power to it, it spins as it should in both direction, but once i put it back together it just binds. im thinking the motor has something wrong with it internally. or i dont have the gears in correctly. if you can post some pics of the correct layout of the gears that would be awesome!
I will do it today. I had it all together and working for a couple of nights. Someone told me I was dragging something under the car and apparently the motor completely fell off this time
Old 03-21-2013, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

For those needing new motor/gearbox assembly you can make the Race Ready replacement one fit the DMH cutout.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-pictures.html
Old 03-21-2013, 11:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow I didnt know these units had so many issues. Ive been shipping out over 150 units of QTP a month with no issues.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeFSKSpeed
Wow I didnt know these units had so many issues. Ive been shipping out over 150 units of QTP a month with no issues.
Rip Van Winkle awakes
Old 03-22-2013, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MikeFSKSpeed
Yup, ive been running my QTP cutout for a long while with 0 issues.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
You guys think Id be able to even though I ordered this months ago??
You should be able to, yes. I just challenged a charge from August that is currently in dispute (not a car part however, but it shouldn't make a difference)
Old 04-11-2013, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 887 Likes on 632 Posts

I am hoping someone can help me out. I'm going to put the cut out back on the car but I'm not for sure on the wiring. On the pigtail that goes to the switch I believe there are four wires, two coming from power/ground and the other two going to the cutout itself. They are either labeled 1-2-3-4 or A-B-C-D, I can't remember. Can someone look at their harness and tell me what wires go where. Thanks!

J
Old 07-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

If anyone has a dmh cutout thats broken they want toget rid of let me know pm me, ill take it I want one to tinker on so please pm me if you have one. Thanks
Old 07-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

I wanted to add, I've been having problems with mine for the past 3 months and will get ahold of him to just tell me a solution to try.... None have worked. I too wish I wouldve just went with one from summit.

Although I living in Ohio have thought multiple times about driving to his shop, as its only about 2 1/2 hrs away
Old 08-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

I just found this thread. whoops
Mine was lasting on average 2 months of daily driving. Not that i was opening/closing it daily but a couple of times a week, maybe. Same exact thing, motor ripped the screws out and was dangling. Sometimes i could just grab the motor and pull it right out. Sent it in and would take several months of waiting, phone calls and emails. Every time I called and(eventually) got a hold of the guy it was: "Let me look for a second. Oh here it is. I've gotta fire that guy, this place is a mess! I'll ship it out to ya this week." He didn't. It took several more calls and months of waiting to get it here.

The last time I sent it in was FEB 2012. Several months pass, I'm calling/emailing regularly. Then, after 6 months I start calling every week. No answer. This went on for several months. I tried calling all different times from different numbers. No luck. Gave up and ordered a QTP from amazon. Finally, April 2013 a mysterious package is on my doorstep. It's my (new) DMH CUTOUT!! WOW!
Wish I hadn't thrown away the wiring and switch now! haha! I couldn't believe it! Guess I have a spare now. Not going to try and sell this curse to anyone else. haha! The QTP works flawlessly and I like their switch better than the rocker-type that DMH uses anyways.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^^^ you got lucky! Guess ill email/call him everyday until I get a hold of someone & hope I get something in the mail... Ill probably end up going with QTP also
Old 09-03-2013, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I got the DMH 3" unit, but just realized it does not fit since there is a Borla-specific version I actually need. I left them a vmail and email, let's see how long it takes them to reply...
Old 09-03-2013, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Well I got the DMH 3" unit, but just realized it does not fit since there is a Borla-specific version I actually need. I left them a vmail and email, let's see how long it takes them to reply...
You might wanna grab a chair.

Quick Reply: Paging Anyone From DMH or Texas Speed....