Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP True Duals with 243 heads/Big cam. How loud would it be to daily?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 08:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP True Duals with 243 heads/Big cam. How loud would it be to daily?

Hey guys!

I'm in the middle of building my vehicle (all parts are ordered), and was wondering if I needed to change my exhaust? I'm running the TSP true duals with TSP bullets, and was wondering just how loud this sucker would be. The cam itself is fairly big (Texas Giant).

Just want to be courteous as possible for my neighbors... I'm willing to drop a pretty penny on a full quieter exhaust setup but was wondering if I could save some money and keep running the TSPs.

Thanks for your input!

Edit: Some people tell me to wait and see after my build, if my exhaust is too loud I can switch it out after I hear my TSP setup.

I wish I had that luxury. The car is going in for a very expensive tune immediately after the build so I need to know what exhaust system I'll be running before then. Dyno day is already booked, and been booked a month in advance.

Last edited by LS1POWAA; 10-26-2016 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:25 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It will definitely be loud. I don't think I'd be changing it if I already had it though.

Aaron @ Scoggin Dickey Parts Center
Email:Aaron387@sdparts.com
Phone: 1-800-456-0211 Ext: 324
Old 10-26-2016, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I run tsp duals with a btr stage 4 cam. It js extremely loud to say the least. I am pretty close with my neighbors and they say it's obnoxiously loud in there house when I first start the car.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Mods are in my signature. This first video is with the original bullets that came with the Texas Speed True duals.

In this second video, everything is the same except I replaced the bullet mufflers from Texas Speed for two SLP Loudmouth 1 resonators. The result is a significant increase on "loudness" and I love it.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im sure your neighbors will love it about as much as mine will love my single 4" setup with a bullet muffler. (the majority of my neighbors are over the age of 65) But in the end, its more about what you love rather than them. Run what youve got until you decide for yourself whether you like it or not then change if necessary. Will it be loud? Of course it will! But it should sound great.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:28 AM
Staging Lane

Only opinions that matter are from the people that pay your bills, everyone else can kick rocks!
Old 10-26-2016, 10:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

it will certainly be loud. If space allows you could put a larger bullet or double up or maybe a maganaflow muffler set.

You could also turn the dumps to the side instead of straight down which thumps against the ground and makes it seem louder in neighboring houses.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The majority of my neighbors are old too. I've never heard them complain, but could really give two ***** less if they do.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
The majority of my neighbors are old too. I've never heard them complain, but could really give two ***** less if they do.
Ive never heard mine complain either, over the exhaust of the car anyway. But the looks I get from some of them if theyre outside when I roll by is pretty great. I could understand people being pissed if I drove through the neighborhood romping on it at every stop or corner, but I creep as slowly as I can in 2nd or 3rd gear to keep the rpms and noise down as much as I can. But since that still doesnt seem to make people happy, Ill be rolling through in 1st from now on and not give a ****. Their ears are mostly gone now anyway.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:08 PM
Launching!

It will be LOUD.

I would look at Moroso Spiral flows, that's the bullet I have and they are just moderate volume. Very tame for a fully exhausted LS1, but not wimpy at all. It sounds like a lion at half volume.

Maybe add cats too, that is more to mellow the sound, but will lower the volume a hair.
TSP bullets by design are loud. Swap for a different bullet for a quieter sound.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Or invest in sound deadening material to line your car with and it suddenly gets a whole lot quieter.. for you anyway. Neighbours will still hate you at 2am.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I just installed the TSP duals and their 1 7/8" headers on my 2000 Camaro. Its got a relatively mild .600" lift 218/234 cam on a 117 lsa and with stock heads its loud. Now I love it, but I'm not sure (at 47 years young lol) I would want to daily drive it. At cruising speed on the highway its not too bad but around town and at initial start up its beastly. It "shakes the house dad!" as said by my teenage daughters...

I will say that the TSP headers and TDs matched with the MWC TA (designed for the TSP duals) all fit together very well. I'm very impressed with the fit and finish of all three components. Kudos to TSP and MWC.

--Alan

Quick Reply: TSP True Duals with 243 heads/Big cam. How loud would it be to daily?