Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
OLDWS6: Not really sure what to say to your response. Our message quoted in your post states we did not see any concern regarding fitment/clearance during the prototype phase, and besides the few on here that have complained with lowered vehicles we have seen great response from our exhaust. As we stated in the next batch we receive we will take a look to see if any additional modification can be done with our exhaust for lowered vehicles. However, in the mean time we do not have any plans for revisions at this time.

pressureprows6: Thank you, and we are all about customer feedback/testimonials, however I just want to point out that 22+ of the 29 posts ever made on LS1Tech are negtive in our thread. We have all heard your concerns, and that you sold your kit. Your agenda is obvious I think we have all heard what you have to say.

Thanks
Sean
Lol. I clicked on "find more posts by blah blah" to see for myself. And wow. This guy literally only posts about this exhaust system. You tried it, didn't like it, sold it. Why keep hanging around? Your point was already made. Adding comments like "you too huh?" offers ZERO help or value. It's just a different way of saying the same thing over and over. Which is annoying. Your original feedback was good and anyone reading can take it into consideration. buh bye.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by _JB_
I think if you cut the pipes that plug into the ones going over the axle , it might help. But having 3" of clearance under the x-pipe is bad because the car can beach itself easily. The main reason I could never get myself to purchase Kook's is because it's an expensive exhaust that would scrape alot on my driveway. At least now if I scrape it's only a $500 exhaust lol. I might be able to finish my exhaust next weekend, but my driveway is a real bitch so I might not make it far. Currently I have 3" of clearance under the driver's seat for my y-pipe setup and it sucks, hopefully I'm not in a worse position after installing duals.
I have a large curb at the end of my driveway and my Kooks does not scrape coming off at an angle. I am lowered too...

Aside from the negative press I have read, I still think this SE TD exhaust kit is a great value even if you have to put some effort in to get it to fit. Not sure how anybody could expect more for the cost. This is really stupid cheap for what you are getting. I say ditch all the clamps and hardware and just market as a DIY setup noting that it will require some fab skill to install it. No 2 cars are the same, so it's a crap shoot with TD's anyway. Even the Kooks takes some effort to get the fitment right on some cars and its 3 times the price now days.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:27 PM
Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks again for all the comments..

Sean
Old 03-28-2017, 02:58 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please post a picture of the hangers supplied with the TD rear exit kit.
I wanted to install my set today and found that there were no hangers or clamps supplied with the kit. If possible on top of some kind of grid for sizing.
I will have to fabricate my own.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone considering to buy this exhaust... do yourself a favor and save up or cough up the money for kooks
Old 04-02-2017, 01:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by racecarz28
Anyone considering to buy this exhaust... do yourself a favor and save up or cough up the money for kooks
what makes you say that?
Old 04-02-2017, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

The fact that first off packaging is **** and boxing are torn apart upon arrival and some are losing parts, the bolts they give are absolute crap and need to be replaced immediately, then the design of the x pipe are being angled down and giving most cars around two inches of clearance from the road, which many have stated in this thread if you go back and read bits and pieces. Good price, bad design, bad hardware, bad packaging and handling. No disrespect to you or anyone who wants true duals. They sound good but not worth the hassle imo
Old 04-02-2017, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

The packaging is ****. The bolts were garbage. That can cost as much as $6 to fix. Horrendous. Do yourself a favour and spend an extra $1000 on kooks to avoid having to buy $6 worth of bolts
The following users liked this post:
Z28_Demon (07-23-2019)
Old 04-02-2017, 11:19 AM
9 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
The packaging is ****. The bolts were garbage. That can cost as much as $6 to fix. Horrendous. Do yourself a favour and spend an extra $1000 on kooks to avoid having to buy $6 worth of bolts
Old 04-02-2017, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

LOL T! I think it's a extra $1500? Isn't the kooks TD like $2k?
I look forward to installing mine this week, depends if I man up and do my clutch or not?
Old 04-02-2017, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You know..I bought the first run of these exhausts. It didn't work for me, I wasn't going to spend the extra time to make it fit correctly so I sold them.
I STILL THINK ITS ONE HELL OF A GREAT PRODUCT FOR A FUKING GREAT PRICE!!!
We now know that it requires some work to make it hang correctly, it's all good now!!
I lost some money on the TD's but I went back and ordered their SE-ings Y pipe and hooked them to their headers I bought from them reused my Borla. I'm happy.
That's what hobbies are all about......
Old 04-02-2017, 12:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2ToeRacing
You know..I bought the first run of these exhausts. It didn't work for me, I wasn't going to spend the extra time to make it fit correctly so I sold them.
I STILL THINK ITS ONE HELL OF A GREAT PRODUCT FOR A FUKING GREAT PRICE!!!
We now know that it requires some work to make it hang correctly, it's all good now!!
I lost some money on the TD's but I went back and ordered their SE-ings Y pipe and hooked them to their headers I bought from them reused my Borla. I'm happy.
That's what hobbies are all about......

what at do you mean it's all good now? Far as I understand they just sold out of there first run so what's changing for the 2nd batch of TD
Old 04-02-2017, 01:05 PM
10 Second Club

No the kit isn't perfect by any means. There's a little tweaking they could do to the bending. Better bolts, maybe an extra hanger. One of my tips sticks out further than the other. Some guys have clearance issues, i sure don't. If you don't mind messing around to get it right then the kit is fine. If that kind of thing really bothers you, I don't recommend this kit
Old 04-02-2017, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

The bolts arent't the biggest upset man and I don't understand why that's the only point you decide to spend your time debating out. Yes, six dollars is all it takes to fix that issue but it's a bolt in ready kit and clearly it was not ready lol. Biggest issue is x pipe clearance and the proof is there that everyone is having that issue
Old 04-02-2017, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

I have no clearance issue. It has more clearance than my old phab duals. I'm sure some people do have issues though
Old 04-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Well clearly you have a good set up out of the bunch but a lot of us didn't get so lucky
Old 04-02-2017, 07:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I like how Speed isn't thinking of making any changes because their test car has no issues, but multiple people here do. Usually Speed is good to make changes after the guinea pigs pay to test their products. Hopefully after they make some revisions they offer to swap the bad area(s).
Old 04-02-2017, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by speed engineering
thanks again for all the comments..

Sean
lol.......
Old 04-02-2017, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

I think alot of you guys are being baby's. It's ridiculous to say not get the duals because of some small issues. I've been modifying cars for years. Some things need adjustment and a little love. But for the price and quality of this kit compared to other companies it's by far the best bang for your buck. If you are that rich and stupid/lazy don't buy it and pay hundreds of dollars more for the "bolt on "duals that sit perfect.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gsxkid
I think alot of you guys are being baby's. It's ridiculous to say not get the duals because of some small issues. I've been modifying cars for years. Some things need adjustment and a little love. But for the price and quality of this kit compared to other companies it's by far the best bang for your buck. If you are that rich and stupid/lazy don't buy it and pay hundreds of dollars more for the "bolt on "duals that sit perfect.
So when you buy a cam you expect it to fit and be to spec right? Or would you expect the vendor to tell you to take an angle grinder to the lobes to correct it? That's just a little love right? Some people have expectations of a product based on it's description regardless of price. Now I see on Speeds's website they list a note about lowered cars which wasn't originally listed.

But comments like yours are not constructive to the vendor or consumer to help create a better product that benefits everyone. So far the two improvements suggested are better bolts and not to angle down the x-pipe, seems like small requests that could be achieved easily.

Last edited by _JB_; 04-02-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Kits!!