Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wish me luck....header install

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wish me luck....header install

My pacesetters are arriving tomorrow and I have arranged to use my buddys car lift to help ease the process a bit. I have everything I need but I am still torn between what catback to get....the more I read the more I cant decide......Pacesetter coated LT's, ORY, Qtec cutout, and ???????? Hooker or Magnaflow?...help me decide. I will not be doing any internal engine mods any time soon such as cam or heads. Which one do I get?
Old 08-05-2004, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

Good luck on the install. I'm starting mine tomorrow, but with jackstands and ramps. I'd recommend the Hooker. I had a Hooker on my car for a while and it had a great sound to it.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

Good luck to both of you guys. Having a lift will definately help out ALOT. My neck was sore for three days after my header install with jackstands. Oh yeah, if you're arms aren't skinny, find somebody whose are. You'll know what I mean when you remove/install the manifold/header bolts.

EDIT: To answer your question, I think you should look into the true duals setup from TSP. It's probably too late since your headers AND y-pipe are coming tomorrow. Maybe TSP would let you return it if you bought the headers and y-pipe from them. If you don't want duals, then all I can say is, don't get the LM. Sounds like crap. The Magnaflows sound pretty nice with LT's, just a little too quiet for my taste.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im starting mine as well tomorrow.. Jackstands and cinderblocks lol... No air tools either so the process will be long and slow... but im also doing heads as well... FUN FUN... Goodluck to you both and myself as well lol... Ill need it and so will u two lol. Hooker sounds good.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

get the slp loudmouth catback, cant go wrong with that.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

Good luck and let us know how it goes. I'm going to order my coated Pacesetter LTs and ORY tomorrow and I'll be using my Magnaflow catback behind it. It should then add some nice volume and sound to it.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cz2898
get the slp loudmouth catback, cant go wrong with that.
IMO you SHOULD NOT get the loudmouth unless you also have a catted y-pipe. Some people like how it sounds, I'm not one of them. It is very loud and VERY raspy. Sounds like gunshots from 2100-2400 rpms. It sounds really nice at idle though.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Yea, sounds like majority rules on the LM, too many people say NO WAY with ORY and LT"s for the LM. I think I am going to get the Hooker setup, probably be running my cutout open 90% of the time anyway. Oh well, I am ready to dig in and get dirty....will keep you posted on how this project goes. Looking to start Sunday if I am not too hung over from Saturday night in the BURGH. LOL
Old 08-06-2004, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

From experience dont get the lm. I cant see how anyone would like that sound??????