Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP Elec Cutout now or later?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTP Elec Cutout now or later?

I am going to get the QTP Elec cutout. I have a cam, headers, LS6 intake in the garage, but couldn't afford to get them all put on and tuned this winter
I think I will wait unitl next winter.

My question is whether I should put the QTP cutout on now or wait until next year? I have an SLP dual/dual exhaust and will not be changing. I don't want to put it on and then have a problem when I do the other stuff.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just have someone weld the cutout in the i pipe before the axle, shouldnt have a problem, i did mine before headers and didnt have an issue with it
Old 03-27-2005, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

mine was like one of the first mods i ever did.. still loving it... get it now you wont regret it
Old 03-27-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Durien
mine was like one of the first mods i ever did.. still loving it... get it now you wont regret it
Yea dont hesitate to do it. No matter what mods you do to your car, they will all benefit from opening up the restriction in the exaust. Plus why not enjoy some small gains from the cut-out until then? It's also a mental game, because it sounds so mean when its open you think you are going faster anyways.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:35 PM
12 Second Club

I say get some QTP, Jet-Hot, or Pacesetter LT's and get the QTP Dual cutout Y pipe
Old 03-28-2005, 07:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your going to put a cutout in i suggest waiting untill qtp comes out with the stainless cutout, which they say will be soon
Old 03-28-2005, 08:28 AM
Teching In

i love my QTEC...that thing is just plain awesome!
Old 03-28-2005, 08:38 AM
10 Second Club

You shouldn't have any issues installing the other stuff because you have the cutout. I'm guessing your thinking the wireing will be a pain to mess with when you take your exaust apart for the headers. Don't worry about it, it unplugs at the cutout very easily. As far as not having the money to install the other stuff, I was in the same boat. You may want to research doing them yourself. I had no mechanical experience and did everything myself except the torque converter. There is some great info in here and some real good step by step write ups. It really gives you a good feeling to do it yourself and can save you a ton of money. Check out ls1howto.com for a great cam install write-up. Thats what I used and I got it done in a weekend. Not bad for never doing anything like this before. Just a suggestion if you couldn't wait like me.