Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Granatelli Plug wires over 15 rwhp gain??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
I would personally love to see you perform this
So would I. However, no response...
Old 03-19-2011, 06:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Granatelli
i don't think it is that linear.

MSD is a grat company - they do many things -We just focus on the ignition cables. and Our wires are MSD ????
roll your eyes all you want man, it might even be nonlinear in the opposite direction that you think...hmmm

all the gains could be had from 800 ohm to 500 ohm and anything below 500 ohm shows little to nothing...

I was generalizing the gains none the less as linear for comparision sake...

You of all people, with the big dollars of Granatelli should have these exact test results...what the graph of demishing returns looks like vs ohm resistance of a wire...

Or maybe you do have the info and dont want to make it public because it would hurt business since there is little to no difference between a 25 ohm MSD and 0 ohm GMS, would be hard to justify double the price...
Old 03-20-2011, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chrs1313
roll your eyes all you want man, it might even be nonlinear in the opposite direction that you think...hmmm

All the gains could be had from 800 ohm to 500 ohm and anything below 500 ohm shows little to nothing...

I was generalizing the gains none the less as linear for comparison sake...

You of all people, with the big dollars of Granatelli should have these exact test results...what the graph of diminishing returns looks like vs ohm resistance of a wire...

Or maybe you do have the info and don’t want to make it public because it would hurt business since there is little to no difference between a 25 ohm MSD and 0 ohm GMS, would be hard to justify double the price...
1. Please don't make this a fight - no need for that
2. You have no need to be offended by what I said
3. You have no need to generalize what you or I said
4. Big Dollars? Why are we going there? If I have big dollars it is because I service my customers and they keep coming back for more great service
5. Also when you sell products that work - people tend to come back for more
6. I don't hide behind an alias. I come here and try to be as open as possible
7. Test results - yep we have those. See the video and read all the articles that prompted this whole thread -
8. Everyone (unanimously) agrees that ultra low resistance is the way to go. You can't get lower then 0 ohms
9. Simply put - resistance is a restriction in performance. Lower the resistance and increase performance. I am sure one could argue diminishing returns but...............

Originally Posted by chrs1313
Or maybe you do have the info and don’t want to make it public because it would hurt business since there is little to no difference between a 25 ohm MSD and 0 ohm GMS, would be hard to justify double the price...
How could that hurt business? Plus respectfully I think you are loosing focus, no one has agreed that the MSD wires made any power.

10. Double the price? If money is an issue, I am sure you can find wires cheaper than $65.00.
11. Why is a standard Corvette 50k but a ZR1 is double the price? it is not twice as fast or twice as quick.

You want the best - you have to pay for it. We can't make the wires for $65.00 in 0 ohm. If you want wires like MSD level we offer those as well. We sell that stuff to CSK and Pep boys in their private brand line
Old 03-21-2011, 02:03 AM
Launching!

Awaiting someones before and after dyno results.... if the claims are true (or even partially true.. 5 HP gain?), you have yourself a customer!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:18 AM
11 Second Club

hmm, I'd like to see proof as well other then a back to back dyno vid. My car made more power the 2nd and 3rd pull on a dyno before. So if I take my DVOM and test one of these wires for resistance I should get a 0 OHM reading. Are these solid core wires a solid copper core?

Last edited by CamaroZ28_LS1; 03-21-2011 at 02:24 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

Seriously, nothing is 0ohm. it's just less than 1. And if you are measuring with something that's actually been calibrated and you're on the correct scale, each wire is going to be slightly different along a range. Could be as high as 3ohm or whatever. It's _almost_ 0, but not.

I'm wondering if anyone installed these wires on a decent stereo system and if it created any audio issues. Also, if the EMI arrestor technology used in these wires is as good as you say, why does everyone say it's not possible ? And does it diminish in effectiveness over time < couple years.

The thing is, everyone wants to believe wires can free up that much power, but everyone says it's not possible except the people selling it and if the wires have been sold for such a long time and have had such good results and long term performance, it makes no sense that there wouldn't be more literature in defense of your product out there ....independently of gran.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

holy 2005 thread!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by squale iii
So would I. However, no response...
I was hoping that Granatelli would come through for you
Old 03-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Launching!

I like all the keyboard cowboys here busting *****. If u don't believe in GMS parts no one is forcing u to buy them. For everyone else post ur RESULTS, not ur uneducated 0.2 cents. 12 pages of crap.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by safemode
Seriously, nothing is 0ohm. It’s just less than 1. And if you are measuring with something that's actually been calibrated and you're on the correct scale, each wire is going to be slightly different along a range. Could be as high as 3ohm or whatever. It's _almost_ 0, but not.

I'm wondering if anyone installed these wires on a decent stereo system and if it created any audio issues. Also, if the EMI arrestor technology used in these wires is as good as you say, why does everyone say it's not possible? And does it diminish in effectiveness over time < couple years.

The thing is, everyone wants to believe wires can free up that much power, but everyone says it's not possible except the people selling it and if the wires have been sold for such a long time and have had such good results and long term performance, it makes no sense that there wouldn't be more literature in defense of your product out there ....independently of granatelli.
Seriously, these wires at 25 feet in length measured a .012 ohm drop. So, yes you are correct at 25 feet they are barely 1/10TH of an ohm drop. At 7” they are not measurable with a standard Fluke meter. – I promise none of the wires on an LS Granatelli set will ever measure 3 ohms – NEVER

They have no and emit no EMI or RFI. In fact we sell the patented technology into the audio industry and they are used by almost all the big boys to get rid of “most” of the reverb when 2 electric guitars are playing side by side in concert. This is just 1 example. We have military contract as well. They install the EMI/RFI rings on the CD radios and other communication devices so there is no “cross talk”. Ever get that funky sound from your computer speakers when you cell phone rings? Well these “Magic Donuts” get rid of that.

How much literature are you looking for? We have sold 1000’s of sets of these wires over the last 6 years. We have municipalities that convert their entire counties over to these wires and report collective fuel savings in the $thousands. You will never hear Granatelli say these wires are the only way to go. What we do say is this…”if there is any power to be had in a set of wires on your particular application; we will make the most gain in power because it gets no better then 0 loss”
Old 03-21-2011, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your spark plug wires and coil packs could each increase fuel mileage by 15%, car manufacturers would be using your technology on their cars from the factory. But they don't. Why? Because you're lying, and your company sells snake oil.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by X-ray
If your spark plug wires and coil packs could each increase fuel mileage by 15%, car manufacturers would be using your technology on their cars from the factory. But they don't. Why? Because you're lying, and your company sells snake oil.
give it arrest aready Borla and K&N give million mile warranties. Agreeably it is all marketing but we offer you a 100% money back promise so if anyone wants to call BS just send the product back. We can't make it any easier then that. As for factory. Our wires and coils are standard on the new Zenvo - http://www.zenvoautomotive.com/

We have been on the Koenigsegg - http://www.koenigsegg.com/ cars for 6years as standard

Most of the NASCAR teams have us make thier wires for them and we sheath them in thier own hi temp sleeves.

Same goes for Pro Stock cars and bikes, as well as some top fuel teams. Admittedly at that level it comes down to who pays them the most money to have their parts on the car and I see no reason to pay anyone to run arguably the best stuff out there. That is why the NASCAR guys cover our name - we won’t pay but they know it is the best so they run it anyway
Old 03-21-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a thread on some Viper forum. Granatelli was spamming the e-mails of members there. Then, in the thread, someone offered to independently test the wires, and Granatelli agreed to ship them a set. Then they backed out saying they already had a test that proved how awesome their wires are.

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/vipe...laim-14hp.html

Here is a thread with customer problems with GMS:
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f5/gr...-crooks-46510/

Here's something else I just found...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEGOCm2jWPo

Here is the same pass as the out of car pass. Followed by a second pass. These were my second and third Granatelli Coil Pack Failures. The first was on the dyno. Pasted from part 1:

Here's my supra breaking up the entire run down the track. I purchased coils from a different vendor(factory toyota coils) and the car was perfect after that and ran an 11.20 @ 122, the coils being the only change. On C16 the car went mid 9s @ 140 on the same factory coils. You can see the car running on the non-defective coils in my other videos. Granatelli did nothing for me and I could not get my money back.
Just remember, Google is always your friend! Don't ever think about giving money to this company. A little Googling will tell anyone that Granatelli is a very poor company.

Originally Posted by Granatelli
Our wires and coils are standard on the new Zenvo - http://www.zenvoautomotive.com/

We have been on the Koenigsegg - http://www.koenigsegg.com/ cars for 6years as standard

Most of the NASCAR teams have us make thier wires for them and we sheath them in thier own hi temp sleeves.
Show me the proof. Nothing on those websites mentions the word Granatelli. No searching can find any link between you and those companies.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

This thread seems like it's going to be locked soon.. And I guess you can believe everything bad you see on the net but nothing good x-ray. Simply put no one is making you buy these wires..
Old 03-21-2011, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by baalic
And I guess you can believe everything bad you see on the net but nothing good x-ray
Granatelli has no good feedback from customers on the net, because they sell garbage. People have a right to know these guys are here to rip you off.

Texas Speed, Tick Performance, AFR and Tony Mamo, Byunspeed, Summit, WS6store, the list is very long of great companies on this website that sell good products and they have tons of good feedback. Hell the Tick Performance master cylinder is such a great product that customers like me serve as free advertising because we always tell other people how much we love their product. But people have nothing but hate for Granatelli. Gee I wonder why?
Old 03-21-2011, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Show me the proof. Nothing on those websites mentions the word Granatelli. No searching can find any link between you and those companies.
You're kidding right? - I just so happen to be shipping Zenvo 2 more complete motors in about a month. I will post the pics by weeks end. I have nothing to prove when it comes to who my customers are. And all due respect (not that you deserve any) but this is "LS1TECH" not LS1SPAM or LS1STALKER. You are not even being constructive just sophomoric.

As for the other post:

Here is a thread on some Viper forum. Granatelli was spamming the e-mails of members there. Then, in the thread, someone offered to independently test the wires, and Granatelli agreed to ship them a set. Then they backed out saying they already had a test that proved how awesome their wires are.

http://www.viperalley.com/forum/vipe...laim-14hp.html

Here is a thread with customer problems with GMS:
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f5/gr...-crooks-46510/

Here's something else I just found...
www. youtube. com/watch?v=WEGOCm2jWPo

Just remember, Google is always your friend! don’t ever think about giving money to this company. A little Googling will tell anyone that Granatelli is a very poor company.
If you read the Viper thread – it is me telling them business sucked and I was trying to drum up some new business. – I said it is not meant to be Spam – I brought it up I was not accuse of it – Then I was told I was not paying the Viper guys to advertise and they got huffy. When I spoke to the Viper Thread owner, it was agreed GMS and no other vender would pay to be mistreated. We have plenty of Viper customers and we let them do the talking.

Z06 thread – 2003 really? – talking about a MAF that he admittedly did not purchase from Granatelli. I always call BS on the few loan threads that claim we let them down when it comes to customer service. I bust my *** and make sure everyone here does the same to make customers happy in a timely manner. And we always offer money back promise and rarely does it come up. Naturally no one can make everyone happy. If we offer a money back promise – then nuff said. Just send it back. But I can’t issue a refund to a customer that did not purchase from me. That is like calling GM in Detroit and demand a refund for a part you purchased from the local dealership – they just tell you to please call the company you purchased from. The same goes here

Lastly is your Toyota Video – News Flash we do not offer Coils for a Toyota Supra. This person ran a huge credit card fraud / scam and purchased a bunch of Mustang coils then tried to male them work on his Supra. He cut the tops off the coils and re wired them, when they didn’t work he claimed we told him it was OK – no one believed his story - not even the credit card company – they filed charges
Old 03-21-2011, 06:19 PM
TECH Regular

This is on the verge of going viral- wow.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by baalic
This thread seems like it's going to be locked soon.. And I guess you can believe everything bad you see on the net but nothing good x-ray. Simply put no one is making you buy these wires..

This guy follows me around - we all know it is human nature to post the bad stuff because when it works - we just expect it to - and I agree. I make myself as public and available as possible - that leaves me open to huge scrutiny

Thanks for trying

Granatelli has no good feedback from customers on the net, because they sell garbage. People have a right to know these guys are here to rip you off.

Texas Speed, Tick Performance, AFR and Tony Mamo, Byunspeed, Summit, WS6store, the list is very long of great companies on this website that sell good products and they have tons of good feedback. Hell the Tick Performance master cylinder is such a great product that customers like me serve as free advertising because we always tell other people how much we love their product. But people have nothing but hate for Granatelli. Gee I wonder why?
The following customers X ray listed sell Granatelli with Pride

Texas Speed, Summit, WS6store - AFR sells heads not others people stuff
Old 03-21-2011, 06:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 911 Likes on 651 Posts

X-ray did Granatelli come over and bang your ole' lady then spank her with some spark plug wires?

Damn dude relax. If you don't like their stuff then don't buy it.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
X-ray did Granatelli come over and bang your ole' lady then spank her with some spark plug wires?

Damn dude relax. If you don't like their stuff then don't buy it.
Thanks - I am not looking for trouble - just a fair shake

Quick Reply: Granatelli Plug wires over 15 rwhp gain??