Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Granatelli Plug wires over 15 rwhp gain??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011 | 08:21 PM
Teching In

dont waste your money. Had a set on my TBSS. well 1 year and about 30k miles had idle issues come to find out 1/2 were OL on my meter. most of the boots were coming apart.
Old 03-01-2011 | 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs down

Professional Con-artists

Attached Thumbnails Granatelli Plug wires over 15 rwhp gain??-capture.jpg  
Old 03-01-2011 | 04:25 AM
12 Second Club

Its cool. With fuel prices rising again. Anything to help effenciency is worth it and if gains can be had even better. A lifetime warrenty? For 105? I think thats worth it. MSDs are what at least 65? How much longer are the truck wires? I am not running stock style Valve covers. Be getting Katecks valve covers. BTW wasnt doubting the gains. Just was seeing an old thread revised.
Old 03-01-2011 | 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bolek
magnecor.com has some interesting info on this topic.
Go to "The truth about ignition wire conductors"
I run Magenor wires in my 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
Well i might be one of those morons but we will see. I just ordered a set . My LS1 MSD's just seem to be a tad to short for the LS3 coil location (slighty higher on the valve cover than a LS1 coil). So i wanted a new set of wires any how, I just didn't like how tight the MSD's where.
I have a dyno tune scheduled for april 29th at speed inc. So I'm gonna do my own back to back dyno comparison with the wire swap in between and see how much i really pick up from these wires. As long as speed inc will allow it.
And hey if i don't pick up any HP atleast i got a set of lifetime warrenty plug wires for $105
Sounds good.. Make sure to post your results in this thread too
Old 03-01-2011 | 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WILLIAMJRDN
dont waste your money. Had a set on my TBSS. well 1 year and about 30k miles had idle issues come to find out 1/2 were OL on my meter. most of the boots were coming apart.
Not looking for trouble but I gotta call BS on that one. These ignition cables have a lifetime warranty and simply can not fail short of draping them across the headers and burning them up

Originally Posted by X-ray
If you look at your link - you will notice the one that is asking $888 is not a Granatelli Part number and the picture is from 1998

Why all the talk about Ford when our focus here is on the LS engines - I can't help it if someone takes a picture of a Granatelli part and asks too much money for it - focus grasshopper - Granatelli is offered the exact direct fit part for $105.00 - the rest of the stuff is just smoke and mirrors

Originally Posted by tillery
Its cool. With fuel prices rising again. Anything to help effenciency is worth it and if gains can be had even better. A lifetime warrenty? For 105? I think thats worth it. MSDs are what at least 65? How much longer are the truck wires? I am not running stock style Valve covers. Be getting Katecks valve covers. BTW wasnt doubting the gains. Just was seeing an old thread revised.
We can build you wires to work with the Katech covers - but...have you seen our covers - They Rock

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com...parent=40&pg=1

If anyone is interested - I will make you super deals on these as well

We make them for MSD coils as well - this pic is Granatelli Valve coves with MSD coils and wires

Side bar - check out these super sick covers we make for the Ford GT and Super Snake

Old 03-01-2011 | 06:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Granatelli
Not looking for trouble but I gotta call BS on that one. These ignition cables have a lifetime warranty and simply can not fail short of draping them across the headers and burning them up
Yeah stock exhaust manifolds, and no they were not touching. So let me get straight on this site your wires have a lifetime warranty, back in 08 on another site they had 1 year warranty? I'm not wanting them replaced. Been more than happy with the wires I replaced them with.

PS they have been great for over 80k now.
Old 03-01-2011 | 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WILLIAMJRDN
Yeah stock exhaust manifolds, and no they were not touching. So let me get straight on this site your wires have a lifetime warranty, back in 08 on another site they had 1 year warranty? I'm not wanting them replaced. Been more than happy with the wires I replaced them with.

PS they have been great for over 80k now.
It has been lifetime from day one - most Granatelli racing parts have a 1 year warranty but the Ignition line is 100% money back in the first 30 days if you are not happy and then lifetime after that. I have NEVER has a wire come apart - if fact we ship in total over 1000 sets of various auto ignition cables a month and we get back maybe 2 or 2 sets every 90 days

Also sure wish you had more then 8 posts on this site - kinda make it look like a set up from an anti Granatelli guy - not saying it is but weird either way - you have 8 posts and a problem we have 1000's upon 1000's of sets out there with no issue -
Old 03-01-2011 | 07:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Granatelli
It has been lifetime from day one - most Granatelli racing parts have a 1 year warranty but the Ignition line is 100% money back in the first 30 days if you are not happy and then lifetime after that. I have NEVER has a wire come apart - if fact we ship in total over 1000 sets of various auto ignition cables a month and we get back maybe 2 or 2 sets every 90 days

Also sure wish you had more then 8 posts on this site - kinda make it look like a set up from an anti Granatelli guy - not saying it is but weird either way - you have 8 posts and a problem we have 1000's upon 1000's of sets out there with no issue -
Would you feel better if I had 31 like you???

what you had said in 08': The Granatelli wires have a 1 year warranty and we use the OE boots just like Scott (as seen in the picture above) on the plug side we use 600 silicone. So in short if a GMS wires goes bad because the boot just split – I will exchange the 3 bad wires – no problem

I'm just letting the OP know what my experience with how good your wires performed. I looked back and only got 25k on them befor they were changed due to issues (dont like changin wires when I change plugs). And I know i'm not the only one with sames issues. But it's in the past I got better wires didnt waste too much money.
Old 03-01-2011 | 07:46 PM
TECH Veteran

MSD coils are shown to be problematic, so I'm not thinking too many informed people will be after those.. Just FYI..

Last edited by bayer-z28; 03-01-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2011 | 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Granatelli's own website claims their "MPG" spark plug wires will increase fuel efficiency by 15%. That is a flat out lie, so I'm damn sure you're lying about the power increase of these wires.
Old 03-02-2011 | 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

@granatelli. What's the part # on these wires? I'll be one of the "morons" to use them too. I just did all my plugs but now want wires and can't argue with the lifetime gurantee.. I don't expect to pickup anything much but they look high quality and better then the factorys.. Also do the factory heat shields work or should I just discard them? Would you recommend "sheathing" the wires? Stock manifolds stock ls1.. I'm just starting with supporting mods before I do any real mods..
Old 03-02-2011 | 07:22 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

OK Mr. Granatelli, I'm ready to pull the trigger on these wires.

I have a LS1 in an F-Body with GM truck coils. I'm currently using GM LS7 wires and they fit well.

Which of your wires should I get? 28-1545S?
28-1629S? 28-1712S? I like a 90 degree boot on my plugs.

All these wire sets are listed on your website as $140-150. What are the $105.00 wires and where can I find them? Can you give us a direct link to them?

Searching your website for 97-02 F-Body shows many parts but no wire sets.
Old 03-02-2011 | 12:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
OK Mr. Granatelli, I'm ready to pull the trigger on these wires.

I have a LS1 in an F-Body with GM truck coils. I'm currently using GM LS7 wires and they fit well.

Which of your wires should I get? 28-1545S?
28-1629S? 28-1712S? I like a 90 degree boot on my plugs.

All these wire sets are listed on your website as $140-150. What are the $105.00 wires and where can I find them? Can you give us a direct link to them?

Searching your website for 97-02 F-Body shows many parts but no wire sets.
I will be curious to see your gains Paul
Old 03-02-2011 | 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

@ Paul I had the same troubles hence why I asked for a part number.
Old 03-02-2011 | 12:45 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
I will be curious to see your gains Paul
Me too! Although I don't "need" new wires right now, my GM LS7 wires have about 30,000 miles on them and I'd like to update them. We'll see what if anything I feel by SOTP. Regardless if I feel anything, I'm sure these wires will do "something".
Old 03-02-2011 | 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

If these tests show that there are gains there's a lot of people who are going to eat their words. If they don't show gains, Granatelli's name here is going to pretty much be mud. Either way it's going to be interesting to see!
Old 03-02-2011 | 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Golf&GM
If these tests show that there are gains there's a lot of people who are going to eat their words. If they don't show gains, Granatelli's name here is going to pretty much be mud. Either way it's going to be interesting to see!
Yup I cannot wait for results.. I know that paul switched from really old stock ls1 coil pack and wires to the truck coil packs and wires and gained a lot of HP.. But again his wires had like billion miles on them
Old 03-02-2011 | 03:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

subscribed.
Old 03-02-2011 | 03:34 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Billions and billions served!
Old 03-02-2011 | 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Golf&GM
^ This. Id put money down that there is no hp increase Subscribed.

Quick Reply: Granatelli Plug wires over 15 rwhp gain??