Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT's+ORY or LT's + TD set up.. power potential

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT's+ORY or LT's + TD set up.. power potential

I'm a cheap ***.. I'll start off with that.. I want the most bang for the buck

my header of choice is pacesetters on either set up.. keep that in mind..

would a good ORY perform more/close to/less then a true dual set up with bullets?

I want the most power from my exhaust possible and dont mind running no muffler/cats.

I got a strong competitor locally who has the same mods as me and just bought a 3inch true duals system with bullets and Kooks Headers ..

I was wondering if I bought the pacesetters with an ORY could I mimick the gain he just received?
Old 08-02-2005, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

the kooks are a better set of headers In my opinion. but each car handles mods differently. it is hard to say that he will make more hp that you. just have to finish the mods and take it to the dyno. that will tell you for sure, kooks may make a couple more but I dont think a whole lot more.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:37 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cheap= Pacesetters+TSP True Duals
That combo will make power.
A good flowing Y-pipe needs a good Y-merge, but that's another story too expensive to tell you about .
Old 08-02-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Cheap= Pacesetters+TSP True Duals
took the words right out of my mouth, darn! TSP also sells their true duals setup from the merge to the end of the X, so u can get your own bulliets and turndowns, idk how much they charge but you could do that, get two 18" sweet thunder chambers ($50) and two dr. gas turndowns ($50) and it will sound alot better
Old 08-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Launching!

from dynos posted on here it seems the true duals does give more power over the Y pipe setup. When I had true duals it seemed to pull stronger than the Y. You could always buy one of those X pipe true dual setups for 100 bucks and then take it to a shop and have them weld it up for ya. I bought the X TDs for 100 bucks and welded it up myself to save money and it worked great. Not sure how much a TD setup is from the sponsors, so look at every option. Also as far as headers go check out the flowtechs, lots of people will say they suck, but I just installed a pair and they went in withiout any problem, only had to jack the wheels 8.5 inches off the ground to get them in. They are the same design as hookers but a different company makes them, but the parent company is the same, so when you look at them they are identical, the welds are crappy in comparison, but not to bad for the price-they won't affect performce. The best part is they come with gaskets bolts, o2 extenders and collector reducers with a price of 230 bucks-you won't get all that for that price with pacesetters. I'm a cheap *** myself so anywhere I can save a buck I do
Old 08-02-2005, 02:15 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

^ Don't the Flowtechs have a smaller, flanged collector than the longer, slip fit collector of the Hooker LT's?

Edelbrock Victor LS1 LT's are another cheapo option (but they're race only and O2 bungs must be put it in).

Last edited by SouthFL.02.SS; 08-02-2005 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Launching!

I was thinking of Pacesetters with some good flowing ORY and welding in a flowmaster merge...
Old 08-02-2005, 02:39 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SOM98TA
I was thinking of Pacesetters with some good flowing ORY and welding in a flowmaster merge...

Ding ding ding ding ding!
We have a winner!