Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnaflow tips don't line up right

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnaflow tips don't line up right

Hey how can I correct this problem. How can I fit the tips so that they look even in the rear. They look great but it's annoying to see them not sit right thanks
Old 11-10-2005, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When you place the muffler in you can 'twist' it untill you get the proper spacing on both. Hopefully they are close at least... otherwise you messed up somehow..
Old 11-10-2005, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You mean one is higher/lower than the other? Well, you will have to bend the pipe. My Hooker exhaust sat about one inch way too low-scraped and looked like they were barely hanging on. They needed to be about an inch and half higher. Oddly enough, the pipes were actually level, and if I wanted them higher, they would be pointing upward. I had (well a good friend at the shop) to bend the pipe so they would be higher, yet also level. The bend was about 5 degrees, you couldn't even tell, and it looks perfect. I hope this is what you are talking about.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

The driver's side pipe is cocked weird? Is that what you're talking about? If so, that's just how it's made. In a T/A you notice it a lot more than on a camaro. I think there needs to be another inch or so of pipe before the bend coming off the muffler on that side. Otherwise, if you bend it back right, it's shorter than the passagenger side and sits recessed in.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just installed mine tonight with a friend helping. Mine seemed to line up fine. We just snugged all the clamps, adjusted everything and tightened.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

Let's see a pic, Chris! I used to mess with taking mine on and off all the time and might be able to tell you what you can adjust.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:49 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

You just got to get in there and wrestle around with them...Like I told you before, I was messing around with my tips for hours. Its not fun but I eventually got them straight...for the most part atleast.

Its just takes some time...you will get it.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Launching!

The way the pipes come out from beneath the bumper on the Camaro is due to the way the car car is designed. The pipe on the passengers side is nearer to the center than the pipe on the drivers side, That is why the Z28 and the SS Camaro has dual outlet tips. If you will notice, the dual outlet tips are offset a bit toward the passengers side of the car in order to make both outlet matck up properly. The offset in the tips makes the pipes look as if they are the same. The offset has to be done to make up the difference in the location of the pipes due to the design of the cars rear undercarrage.

Last edited by JEB Garner; 11-10-2005 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Banned

The pipes aren't bent identically the same because the muffler isn't completely centered. It might just be your eyes ******* with you. You can get them close but I don't think they look perfect, even on mine. I have a TA and you can't see as much though.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow tips don't line up right