Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter long tubes and tsp ory pipe ????

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pacesetter long tubes and tsp ory pipe ????

HI there i am really considering buying these headers the pacesetter coated long tubes with the Tsp ory. These are in my price budget so that is why i like them plus they are suppose to be built alot better then before. My question to my fellow f-body owners is who all has these headers? Are they any good? is this the best deal $500 for the headers long tubes coated and the tsp ory? What amount of Hp gain should i see even though i have gutted cats ! ?meaning over my gutted cats will i still see HP gains?
Thank you !

Last edited by minesfaster; 01-01-2006 at 09:25 PM. Reason: .
Old 01-01-2006, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

I have the Pacesetter LT's (non emissions-race style) and haven't had any problems. The install was actually pretty easy once I got all of the old stuff off the car. I also went with the Pace ORY simply because at the time Texas Speed didn't have any ORY's in stock and I wanted them now. No issues with that either. You are probably not going to see a huge increase in seat of the pants driving just switching to Long tubes, but your car will definitley perform better, sound better, and this mod is essential when you really start adding the good stuff (cam, nitrous, etc.) It's just my opinion, but I think that LT's should be one of the foundations to build the rest of your mods on. Good luck.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:20 PM
SSU, come over and relax

the install of my pacesetters was so easy i laughed

however the tsp ory was a different story (but that is because one of the pieces they sent me was a piece from the x pipe instead of the y)
Old 01-01-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup like he said above ive installed about 7 sets on peoples cars and i love them and i am putting it on my car this weekend
Old 01-01-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU
the tsp ory was a different story (but that is because one of the pieces they sent me was a piece from the x pipe instead of the y)
That must have been my situation too!!
Old 01-01-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Regular

Awesome thank you guys for the fast response. So what you are saying is that since i have gutted cats that i wont see much more of a gain if i add the long tubes on? I thought that you would because of the bigger flange ports on the headers that go to the heads?

Last edited by minesfaster; 01-01-2006 at 11:09 PM. Reason: .
Old 01-01-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea you will see ALOT of a diff from headers than u would with manifolds with gutted cats...prolly 10-15 more RWHP...

also i had awesome ground clearance with my pacesetters but the TSP OFY with cats welded in sucks for ground clearance

but its prolly my fault, because of the cats i used, catco 3 in 3 out cats which are a full sized HI-Flow cat

Heres the pic (oh and i know the heatshield is supposed to be on top, bad exhaust shop=people not paying attention to their work)
Attached Thumbnails Pacesetter long tubes and tsp ory pipe ????-im000678.jpg  
Old 01-01-2006, 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

Damn that is pretty close to the ground. Is your car lowered ? Thank you for the input btw.

Last edited by minesfaster; 01-01-2006 at 11:56 PM. Reason: .
Old 01-02-2006, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

I have this set up on my car. The headers were a breeze to install and so far have been great. I would for sure buy them. The Y-pipe is also very nice from TSP. The headers sit alot higher then my jet hots on my other car and are tucked higher then my STS kit on the car. I wouldnt worry about scraping with this set up if I were you.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:21 AM
TECH Regular

Thanx lrry93.... What car do you have the sts on ? got any pics? pm me then if you do.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Regular

ALSO if any of you guys have pictures of your header install or pictures of the headers post them up please.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

I have them on my 2002 35th LE SS. I dont have pics but can get some maybe this week.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:34 AM
11 Second Club

I can't paste the link from work (it's blocked) but open the sticky at the top of this section, good illustrated how-to about pacesetter install.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:15 AM
TECH Regular

Question

Sweet thanks shaZZAm !
I was reading in the sticky section on this section about installing headers.
I have a few more questions.
1) Does the TSP ory pipe have crushed sections on it for clearance like the one in the sticky section does?
2) Do the new stlye pacesetter hit the k member ?
3) do you have to buy 02 extensions with long tubes ?
4)how do you know where to cut the i pipe at for the new y pipe to fit ?
5) should i have them welded in or just use the band clamps ?

Thanks guys !

Last edited by minesfaster; 01-02-2006 at 01:59 AM. Reason: .
Old 01-02-2006, 03:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

nope my car hasn't been lowered AT ALL!

1) NOPE, the TSP Y doesn't have the crushed section
2)NOPE, i didn't do any fabing with my pacesetters, im 18 and my buddy is 17 and with NO EXPERENCE we put my LT's on useing ramps in about 3 hours and 15 minutes
3)YEP, for the front 02's but u can just live with the Check engine light on for the back ones(wont make your car run diff)....or get the code deleted, no biggy
4)the I pipe should fit perfect to the new Y without any fabing or anything
5)i didn't weld ANYthing except for welding the cats onto the Y pipe

that should answer your questions
Old 01-02-2006, 04:38 AM
TECH Regular

Sweet thanks for the answers to my questions that helped me out a lot. Do you have anymore pictures of your header install or them in general ? Where did you buy yours at?
Old 01-02-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

i bought my headers from GMR speed, GREAT GUYS BTW, but i went ahead and got my Y from TSP...nope sorry i dont have any pics of the actual install of the headers...but if u would like i could go get some pics of my exhaust system from under my car and top...

But im tellin you man...LT's are the way to go if u are wanting to make big power, they are a HUGE gain over stock manifolds and the sound is amazing....and i wouldn't go with anything other than pacesetters(but thats just me) for the price they are hard to beat...mine are about 6 or 7 months old and my car is always exposed to the weather and they STILL look like the day i got em
Old 01-02-2006, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU
the install of my pacesetters was so easy i laughed

however the tsp ory was a different story (but that is because one of the pieces they sent me was a piece from the x pipe instead of the y)
What he said... the headers are surprisingly good quality for the money (ceramic coated) and fit very well... the Y-pipe's a diff story... it'll bang the floorboard like crazy - get something else like a TSP Y or something... I did true duals but that's me
Old 01-02-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just ordered the same thing a few days ago, waiting for them to get here. i would attempt to put them on my self because everybody says they are a breeze...except i live in a condo - cant do something that major in my parking spot lol
Old 01-02-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Regular

WOW thank you guys for the awesome feedback i like this site so much better then norcal or fbody.com... yeah my friend is co owner at gmrspeed i am just trying to get the best deal out there i also need to buy a new clutch so i am not sure if i am going to buy them seperate or as a package. I guess which ever is the better deal.