Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has ported the LS6 intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No better than stock ported .
Old 03-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Restricted User

do you know , how well they are built, and how the car will idel with a acufab TB
Old 03-26-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well thanks for the info later in the summer im sending u guys my t-body to get ported and maybe i'll buy ur ls6 ported manifold too.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:43 PM

Can you tell us what is done in the port job?

Ben T.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Banned

Accufab is a high quality product for sure , about how the car idled shouldn't change , it just does not really flow more than a stock ported tb . I have already disclosed enough info about the port job .
Old 03-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Restricted User

i just bought a New NX 85mm TB and had to send it back, the car would not idel, and the car was not running right, after i installed ,
i am now getting a acufab 75
The following users liked this post:
Rocketrod (12-25-2020)
Old 03-26-2006, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

I bought my intake from a Corvette guy that said it was a Lingenfelter ported LS6 intake, paid $360 shipped, had a nice silver metallic base/clear coat on it, I called Lingenfelter and asked them about that service and they said they basically do the same things that New Era has listed. I don't know what my actual gains were as I did everything all at once, but I do know that I have decent numbers for a 98 and the car runs great!
Old 03-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Banned

Guys sorry I really don't know what could have happened I wasn't able to find the ones I searched everywhere and came up with nothing Perhaps there was a another reason but I can't seem to land it at the moment Anyway I totally don't think it made a difference for the only reason I know there were some somewhere Its now over many years and I haven't the first idea where to find them I had one of the front and others from the side and there were many in my office and a few from the owner but there was one that had a fabulously stupendous effect something that displayed the true composite component in addition to the aftermarket customization and I don't know what happened to it where it could be where I might of put it or what the heck I did with it.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by 98t56TA
Guys sorry I really don't know what could have happened I wasn't able to find the ones I searched everywhere and came up with nothing Perhaps there was a another reason but I can't seem to land it at the moment Anyway I totally don't think it made a difference for the only reason I know there were some somewhere Its now over many years and I haven't the first idea where to find them I had one of the front and others from the side and there were many in my office and a few from the owner but there was one that had a fabulously stupendous effect something that displayed the true composite component in addition to the aftermarket customization and I don't know what happened to it where it could be where I might of put it or what the heck I did with it.
Huh? Wow, that was painful reading. I'm not even sure where you were going. Could you try it again with a little more punctuation? Was this post in reference to a ported LS6 intake?

Ben T.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Studytime
Huh? Wow, that was painful reading. I'm not even sure where you were going. Could you try it again with a little more punctuation? Was this post in reference to a ported LS6 intake?

Ben T.
Ah, NO!
Old 03-29-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ben T.
I thought it was fabulously stupendous.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by New Era Performance
We tested the FAST intake against an LS6 intake almost 2 years ago (immediate before and after) on an 02 Formula M6 that had the stock cam and heads with all the bolt ons , it made 11 rwhp more and 16 more with tuning , I know everyone gets different results and conditions can slightly change results (sorry , I don't know where the graphs are , it was a long time ago) .
Is that just in peak RWHP/RWTQ? At what rpm was that attained at? How about the area under the curve?
Old 03-30-2006, 09:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98t56TA
Ah, NO!
Lol I was just kidding about that, now, in all seriousness, here are the long images I have, there is material removed from strategic places from the ports and of course from the tb opening. The work is amazing and have since removed the stock one and put the brand new one on. The gains are readily apparent from the car and I can't rave on long enough about the effect of increasing airflow without decreasing tq anywhere whatsoever in the rpm range.
Attached Thumbnails Who has ported the LS6 intake manifold?-046_ls62_.jpg   Who has ported the LS6 intake manifold?-045_ls61_.jpg   Who has ported the LS6 intake manifold?-ls602.jpg   Who has ported the LS6 intake manifold?-ls601.jpg   Who has ported the LS6 intake manifold?-ls603.jpg  

Old 05-09-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MiaSSmaro98
how much more did the fast put down to the wheels?and will the fast TB put down more numbers than a ported t-body?Thanks new era
I know this is an older thread, but I would be interested in this information as well since my cam peaks at 6K.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I recently smoothed out the back side of the tb throat to try to get a little better distribution to the front cylinders. The passenger side needed the most.

The driver's side broke through at the top pretty quickly and had to be epoxied. About the 2:00 position looking into the front of the tb. Probably could have left that area alone in the first place.

I used a little round rasp, a drum-looking tool a little bigger around than a pencil, in a die grinder.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so this is where most of the gains can be had??

Thanks
Old 05-09-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Regular

so the TB throat is the most suitable gains seen? or are the runner ports indeed in need of porting? may i aks why your runners were a little unever it seems in the porting. ?
Old 06-07-2006, 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Anybody else got anything to add to this? Im hoping to try my hand at this over the weekend. Ill be using lsx24's pics as a general guideline. Any more words of wisdom on the matter?
Old 06-07-2006, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Anybody else got anything to add to this? Im hoping to try my hand at this over the weekend. Ill be using lsx24's pics as a general guideline. Any more words of wisdom on the matter?
Are you going to section the bottom of the intake off? I would guess the intake is ABS plastic. You could fuse the intake back together pretty easily if it is. Would opening the bottom of it up give you better access? I've thought about doing this too, and my thoughts were to open it up.

Ben T.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Are you going to section the bottom of the intake off? I would guess the intake is ABS plastic. You could fuse the intake back together pretty easily if it is. Would opening the bottom of it up give you better access? I've thought about doing this too, and my thoughts were to open it up.

Ben T.
No, i wasnt planning on cutting through the bottom. Im mostly planning on opening up the throttlebody neck as much as possible. The runners are a continuous taper, meaning the outlet is the thinnest part. If I open up the outlets just a bit, it will effectively stop the taper a little earlier and widen the cross section a little bit. Im sure I cant go too far because of the thinness of the plastic.

How Thin can I safely go without risking the integrity of the manifold?

Quick Reply: Who has ported the LS6 intake manifold?