Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Water Pump and GREEN Coolant

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
tick = lifter taking a slow poop on you.
yes, but isn't the valvetrain of the LS1 known to tick as it is? i was always under the impression that some lifter tick was present on LS1's pretty much always.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, dont worry about lifter ticking

when you have a lifter fail you will know
Old 01-16-2007, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

lifter tick is common.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:28 PM
11 Second Club

My cars been ticking for like 4 years.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Tech Resident

my oil's a little low as it has 4,600 miles on it. pair the high mileage with the LS1's habit of eating oil through the intake...maybe that's why i hear more tick. i'll be changing my oil this weekend. right now there is GC 0W-30 in it. i'll be going to mobil 1 5W-40 for one OCI. we'll see if the noise goes with it.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Choco, you didn't Seafoam your cooling system did you?
Old 03-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well I got my cam swapped on saturday, my car is 5 years old and my new dexcool killed my pump, o well
Old 03-26-2007, 11:34 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by 35thUCF
well I got my cam swapped on saturday, my car is 5 years old and my new dexcool killed my pump, o well
Why do you say that? Is the car just overheating now? I'd be willing to bet you just haven't gotten the air out yet.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 35thUCF
my dexcool was exactly at the five year mark (2001 formula, dexcool changed in 2006). i had no leaks or anything, but once i flushed the system, it began leaking a few miles later. it happens, man dex is just tough on seals. if you wanna run dex, you can't go by the change interval. get it out every other year just like the green stuff if you wanna run it. i switched to green because of its history of being more gentle on seals. dex uses natural acids that have been proven to be harsher, which is why GM had to redesign their seals due to a class action lawsuit being filed by 8 states a few years ago.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
my dexcool was exactly at the five year mark (2001 formula, dexcool changed in 2006). i had no leaks or anything, but once i flushed the system, it began leaking a few miles later. it happens, man dex is just tough on seals. if you wanna run dex, you can't go by the change interval. get it out every other year just like the green stuff if you wanna run it. i switched to green because of its history of being more gentle on seals. dex uses natural acids that have been proven to be harsher, which is why GM had to redesign their seals due to a class action lawsuit being filed by 8 states a few years ago.

just FYI.
your car comes from the factory with GM sealing tablets in it.. similar to Bars stop leak.

you flushed out the stop leak.

then your dumbass bought a new waterpump.

end of story.. i finally broke it down for ya.

since you dont know these things.... in the future, find a mechanic that does. your current one is either an idiot, a con-artist that overcharges/works slow, or both

THE END

(ive been avoiding posting that for about two months now.....feels good to finally get it off my chest)
Old 03-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Why do you say that? Is the car just overheating now? I'd be willing to bet you just haven't gotten the air out yet.
I say this because there is alot of coolant coming from the weep hole
Old 03-27-2007, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

" just FYI.
your car comes from the factory with GM sealing tablets in it.. similar to Bars stop leak."

Learn something new everyday. Never saw that before.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:26 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
just FYI.
your car comes from the factory with GM sealing tablets in it.. similar to Bars stop leak.

you flushed out the stop leak.

then your dumbass bought a new waterpump.

end of story.. i finally broke it down for ya.

since you dont know these things.... in the future, find a mechanic that does. your current one is either an idiot, a con-artist that overcharges/works slow, or both

THE END

(ive been avoiding posting that for about two months now.....feels good to finally get it off my chest)
wow. i'll break it down for your "dumb ***". we opened up the GM OEM waterpump. the gaskets were toast. the dexcool ate the gaskets all up. the waterpump was leaking through the gaskets. the waterpump also squeeked, squeeled and screamed like something awful that got progressively worse every day that went by. it was toast. the mechanic wasn't a "con-artist" because he's one of my best friend's bothers who i've known for many years. i also got 4 free coolant flushes and a free new thermostat out of it.

i'm glad it feels good to get that off your chest. however, what you got off your chest was completely false information. live with it. you weren't there and you didn't see the pump.

Originally Posted by Viper
" just FYI.
your car comes from the factory with GM sealing tablets in it.. similar to Bars stop leak."

Learn something new everyday. Never saw that before.
don't put too much faith in him, unless you want to put your trust in someone that makes wild and false assumptions, and quite rudely at that.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Quick Reply: New Water Pump and GREEN Coolant