Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Magnaflow Quad tips on a Camaro....thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Magnaflow Quad tips on a Camaro....thoughts?

Ok, finally got the item in my hands and got some pics. I'll let you see them all first then ask your thoughts on a few things.

Before (big deal, stock exhaust)

Afters

Ok, I'm curious to know your thoughts (its been fairly rainy around here, and I just took pics RIGHT out of the shop, so no comments on that). I was kinda a bit concerned about the angle and look with the gfx and I am debating now that I have it on if my thoughts were justified. I'm not sure if I like the angle or if I need to change that a bit. The clearance isn't too bad and the sound so far has been good. What do you think on the overall look?

I don't have much comparison from stock, but its for sure louder than that, and not too loud. I think you'd have no prob taking this and living in an apartment complex at idle....when you hit it, it doesn't explode, but has a deeper throatier sound...much better than stock.

So let me know what your thoughts are guys. This hopefully will serve as a good reference for anyone else whos debating getting this new catback. I do think ultimately I will keep it.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are some nice looking tips, but I don't think they look right with the gfx. Maybe if there were a couple of recesses in the rear lip to tuck them up closer. They would look sweet on a TA.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by '00_Z
They are some nice looking tips, but I don't think they look right with the gfx. Maybe if there were a couple of recesses in the rear lip to tuck them up closer. They would look sweet on a TA.
i agree
Old 03-28-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

They look bombass. I'd love to see them ***** on my t/a.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Launching!

IMO they are too big and definately dont look right hanging under the gfx. They would look better on a TA but the Corsa tips still are the best around.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

I love those tips, I have a magnaflow with the Z28 style tips and I wish i could just buy the tailpipes and quad tips. I think the ground effects are killing you tho. Im not a fan of the RS ground effects in general, but I'd do those tips justice and get them leveled out. Cutting the ground effects might be a good solution, but if it were my car, i just get rid of them. But im more simplistic in nature. There is my 2 cents
Old 03-28-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It doesn't look horrible or anything but I think it would look much better without the GFX's. I chose the 396 Chevelle tips on my car as I think they are the only ones that look decent with GFX's. I'm going to be ditching my GFX's this summer and getting some work done as well as putting on Corsa Knock-Off's since my tips won't look right without the GFX's. Looks alright but I would ditch the ground effect's and have the tips adjusted or something.

PS. Also your gonna run into major clearance problems if you ever wanna do suspension as you'll need to lower the car for the best performance. I'm going with a kit from Thunder Racing (Hope they are still a sponsor) for $400.00 you get springs, lca's and panhard, might wanna look into if your considering dropping the GFX's.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I think it looks great man, even with the ground FX, where did you order the magnaflow catback with the new tips if you dont mind me asking(if it's a non-sponsor PM me the answer!)??
Old 03-29-2007, 07:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah the gfx are not the best for those tips. If you want to keep the tips, I'd look at cutting the gfx to tuck them up better. Or I'll trade you for the other style tips if you'd like. I really want the new tips
Old 03-29-2007, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

I was actually hoping to tuck them up a little better, but I was told it wasn't such a good idea. But I see everyones point with the gfx. I keep debating to take them off or not, cause I like something a little different as opposed to most camaros out there, but I'm seeing more of a reason now with this exhaust. Right now I'm either debating taking those gfx off, or I am debating switching tips. But the pic below shows the scuff from where the shop dropped it (they claimed it came in the box like that - directly from Magnaflow?) Maybe I'll start a pole or something, but I just paid a decent amount for that cat-back set up, much of it being the tips and having to pay to get the gfx holes filled up isn't cheap I'm sure either. Dang It!

Old 03-29-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn those look good on your car man I might just have to keep mine.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

If I can get mine to tuck back really good I think it will look great. I might have to cut some of the pipe to make it shorter. I want the bumper to stick out a little farther then the tips.

Last edited by SpdFrk1990; 03-29-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Ill trade you my Polished Z28 tips plus a little cash!
Old 03-29-2007, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

the mechanic who installed those told me that he could have tucked it back maybe a 1/4 inch or so. I'd actually like to do that.....but I was actually really pissed about them dropping that tip, and them proceeding to tell me that it came in the box like that. Then I told them it was pretty much factory direct, they just released these, and they shut up and changed the subject! Bastards. Oh well, whats done is done. But there is a little room. But my gfx stick out that 1/4 inch too. So I'd say if you install with it yourself, you'll probably have to do some grinding/cutting down just a bit to really tuck them. If you look at my 4th pic where it stand out from the side, I keep seeing my ride like that, and it annoys me! So I need to figure out how I want to finally get them in place, then tuck them in right too.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:20 PM
12 Second Club

I think it looks great !

It might look a little better if there were recesses in the body/gfx for the tips but there were no recesses there for the stock exhaust either...

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 03-29-2007, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

hmmm. There isn't a way to work with the gfx to actually cut out some recesses is there? Or a way to get a body shop to make it look right? Is that possible? hmmmmm
Old 03-29-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

I think they look good.....
Old 03-29-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

I wouldnt worry if you could tuck them a little more I would but they look good.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:04 AM
On The Tree

Ok, last time I keep bumpin this thread.

Finally got them tucked in right to look good. To me, that 1/4-1/2 inch really made a difference to me. Now I'm totally happy with the way they look. The pics are a little crappy with the light changing my focus of the camera, but I think you get the idea.

I will admit, they tips CAN look borderline big on the camaro, but to me, that little tuck so they aren't sticking out made a HUGE difference. I'm definately keeping them.

Heres just some general pics in case you guys are interested in the tips by themselves. Been getting PMs about them.

Old 04-02-2007, 04:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by '00_Z
x3