Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Differences between ARH and QTP Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EarlSS
What sucks even more was the way Barry talked to me on the phone. Curseing at me and telling me and anybody who told me my headers was sucky didn't know what they was talking about. Thats not the way to treat customers.
I would have set them back and waited until a new batch was produced Today, there is no welded primary, they have badges, etc...that batch was a dud.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
I would have set them back and waited until a new batch was produced Today, there is no welded primary, they have badges, etc...that batch was a dud.
Why do you take up for them so much??? Really do they pay you to be an a** kisser. Barry told me that was their new design and they would always have a weld in the primary. Maybe in a different spot on the primary but it would be there. What explanation can you give me for him curseing at me on the phone and telling me i didn't know what i was talking about and that i was dumb like most people on these forums. If I woulda sent them back i woulda had to pay shipping to send mine back and shipping on the new plus they was still gonna have a weld in the primary just in a different spot.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:01 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JimMueller
I spoke with both Barry and Nick at PRI last year. One of the guys at the QTP booth mentioned he had tri-Y headers on his car and since they were already fabbed it would be easy to make me a set. Barry also talked about how his electric cut-outs never leak due to the type of motor they use.

I then spoke with Nick at the ARH booth and the first thing he asked me was why? He was more interested in the best header setup for me, not just the sale. He talked about how the tri-Y's should be tuned to your engine combination, which other vendors have since confirmed.

So to me, QTP seemed a bit arrogant, and ARH seemed more customer oriented. So I ordered my ARH system through Norris Motorsports and I've had it on about a month. The y-pipe has settled against my g-load brace a bit and I never replaced the hangers in the back so it's rattling a bit as a result. I plan to take it back to Mike's and see if he can tweak it a bit more. The ARH's have a hollow, echo-ey sound which my Grot's never had (even with the leaks after 7 years).

Speaking of leaks, my headers from 'Roger the Dodger' Grotyohann only blew out the collector weld after 6-7 years of use.
No disrespect intended to either header manufacturer but, of all the responses that I've read for both QTP and ARH, this one is the best. Knocking one brand to the other because you don't know what is right for your application is rediculous. One makes aTri-Y and one does not. Of course one is going to ask you why?These headers are both made to fit a chassis, not your personal power level. People not understanding what a Tri-Y header is for shouldn't bother with them anyway.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I've installed dozens of sets of AR's, best quality SS and fitment is not an issue, I also know they are made here in the US, it matters
Old 02-12-2008, 01:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
I remember your post from the beginning of last year now. I remember you got that set when QTP had that crummy batch where they ran out of badges and welded the primaries The new batches haven't been like that. Sucks that you had to get that crummy set.
I am still waiting on pictures from GM Mexican but I can promise you his headers were not of the old batch. We recieved his headers directly from QTP middle Jan of this year.
The batch you speak caused me many hours on the phone and that batch was our first order with QTP. Had Berry not fixed some of the issue's we would have dropped the line.
Berry however realized it was a issue and did what he could to fix it quickly.
I guess we will see what the deal is in the pictures.

Last edited by MPHmotorsports; 02-12-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:30 PM
FormerVendor

Also Thanks guys for all the kind words. Many of you have no idea how hard it is to do everything you can to earn a great rep all over the country.
Reading this thread really makes the hard work worth it, and to those who have enjoyed your buying experience at MPH we thank you for the order and the kind words.
Jeremy
Old 02-14-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MPHmotorsports
I am still waiting on pictures from GM Mexican but I can promise you his headers were not of the old batch. We recieved his headers directly from QTP middle Jan of this year.
The batch you speak caused me many hours on the phone and that batch was our first order with QTP. Had Berry not fixed some of the issue's we would have dropped the line.
I figured they'd fix the issues. I told Barry if they didn't change the headers they'd lose alot of businees. He tolld me that the headers where fine and the weld in the primary and all the other problems i had with the headers would not effect the headers performance at all and that it wasn't hurting their sells. Cause they had already sold many sets like mine and i was the only customer complaining because he said i was a customer who expected to much. All i expected was a good quality header from qtp that looked like every other header i had seen from qtp. But all i got was one of the ugliest headers i'd ever seen from qtp.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

It's kinda sad now if QTP has resorted to outsourcing their parts. My set was flawless when I got them. Welds were perfect. I wanted to preserve the look so much that I actually got them ceramic coated. If I had any issue with a leak, by now it'd show black streaks on the collector. I actually did have a issue with the band clamps not sealing perfectly. A bit of muffler tape and sealant cement and even the SS bandclamps are not an issue.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:26 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by vettezuki
I'm beginning to lean heavily towards AR for my LS swapped C3 Corvette. Since you just installed them, could you please take a look at my post earlier in this thread and give me your opinion on clearnaces. If you're wrong, I won't hold it against you , but you're in a good position to give an opinion. As far as I can tell my biggest problem would be clearinng the steering rack on the passenger side . . .
Sorry about taking so long, i forgot to check back up on this post, honestly I really dont want to answer a question like that since I can't be 100%, but I can tell you the clearances are very well thought out compared to other headers I've seen. These things hug the block pretty well, I won't doubt they would be one of your better choices though.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JCCamaro
Sorry about taking so long, i forgot to check back up on this post, honestly I really dont want to answer a question like that since I can't be 100%, but I can tell you the clearances are very well thought out compared to other headers I've seen. These things hug the block pretty well, I won't doubt they would be one of your better choices though.
A little more research, thanks to MPH Motorports and Nick at AR, indicates the GTO (NOT Camaro) headers would be the better choice. I've had some unexpected medical expenses that have crimped my style or now. However, these are pretty much the choice I've made.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MPHmotorsports
everything is fine with my QTP headers
Old 02-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by EarlSS
Why do you take up for them so much??? Really do they pay you to be an a** kisser. Barry told me that was their new design and they would always have a weld in the primary. Maybe in a different spot on the primary but it would be there. What explanation can you give me for him curseing at me on the phone and telling me i didn't know what i was talking about and that i was dumb like most people on these forums. If I woulda sent them back i woulda had to pay shipping to send mine back and shipping on the new plus they was still gonna have a weld in the primary just in a different spot.
Well, obviously this is all misinformation. There hasn't been a weld in the primaries for quite some time. Don't know what else to tell you. Sorry you had such a miserable experience, but you seem to be one of the only ones, if not the only one, to have such nasty things to say.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by vettezuki
A little more research, thanks to MPH Motorports and Nick at AR, indicates the GTO (NOT Camaro) headers would be the better choice. I've had some unexpected medical expenses that have crimped my style or now. However, these are pretty much the choice I've made.
Nick is the man, he will help you in anyway he can and will not BS you if there are any questions/problems, I know this first hand.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

I bought QTP's. They seem alright but I had to chisel my k member a little and I had to make a heat shield because one tube touches the boot of a wire. My air and egr hooked up with no problems too.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going with QTPs myself because they are the cheapest of the stainless headers(besides LPP but cant wait) and offer good HP and quality. My biggest problem with the ARH is that they are not offered in a header only package and you need to buy the Y with it, im going with a true dual system so Y is useless.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
My biggest problem with the ARH is that they are not offered in a header only package and you need to buy the Y with it, im going with a true dual system so Y is useless.
Sure they are!

http://fasttoys.net/shop/product_inf...oducts_id=1583

Quick Reply: Differences between ARH and QTP Headers?