Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for some one that can port a BBK throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008 | 06:59 PM
TECH Resident

Default Looking for some one that can port a BBK throttle body

I have a 80mm bbk throttle body I am looking to get ported. I would like to get it ported to like an 85mm if possible or as big as possible. It looks like it has a lot of extra material left in it.
Old 04-06-2008 | 08:10 PM
11 Second Club

do it yourself lotsa fun
Old 04-06-2008 | 08:28 PM
12 Second Club

I just bought one of those BBK throttle bodies for 160 bucks. How do you like it? Did you feel any gains, my other mods are LT's ORY Loudmouth, and an SLP lid. I have a high flow MAF but I think I may stick with the stock for tuning ease down the road.
Old 04-06-2008 | 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

well first you cant port it to a bigger size cause the blade is only 80mm, all you can do is smooth out the transition on the intake side and maybe a little on the back side
Old 04-06-2008 | 09:26 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Right, when people talk about porting a stock TB, they're not making the throttle blade larger. All porting a TB does is opens up the area in front of the throttle blade and removes any abrupt transitions. If you want to go to an 85mm TB, sell yours and buy a new one. I think Professional Products sells one for their intake.

What intake are you running?
Old 04-07-2008 | 07:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 02silvaZ
well first you cant port it to a bigger size cause the blade is only 80mm, all you can do is smooth out the transition on the intake side and maybe a little on the back side
Exactley! Well put.
Old 04-08-2008 | 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by adidazman15
I just bought one of those BBK throttle bodies for 160 bucks. How do you like it? Did you feel any gains, my other mods are LT's ORY Loudmouth, and an SLP lid. I have a high flow MAF but I think I may stick with the stock for tuning ease down the road.
I am not really sure about gains as I have never taken the car to the track but it definetly has a better throttle responce and you can definetly hear it breathing better. It actually makes a hissing sound from the throttle body through the air lid. I also polished the body of my throttle body so it looks awsome under the hood.
Old 04-08-2008 | 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ss1
Right, when people talk about porting a stock TB, they're not making the throttle blade larger. All porting a TB does is opens up the area in front of the throttle blade and removes any abrupt transitions. If you want to go to an 85mm TB, sell yours and buy a new one. I think Professional Products sells one for their intake.

What intake are you running?
I am installing a fast 78 and I will be opening up the throttle body area of the intake to 85mm and smoothing out the inside of it. I really didn't want to have to change to a professional products throttle body because they just don't look as good. I guess I might be putting my bbk up for sale and getting a professional products one though.