Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New dyno #'s after Fast92 install!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DRGnFLYZ28
...c'mon man, it's a popular public forum, easy bro...

...Relax brother, you're letting opinions get you pissed. It's all good to share opinions and real life experience. Hey, if someone doesn't sway your way, don't bother getting bent. Your opinion is just as valid as others It's all good.

Ah, a buddhist in the group! Way to keep the peace!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DRGnFLYZ28
That's a good idea

c'mon man, it's a popular public forum, easy bro

I want to see dyno results!

Relax brother, you're letting opinions get you pissed. It's all good to share opinions and real life experience. Hey, if someone doesn't sway your way, don't bother getting bent. Your opinion is just as valid as others It's all good
lol, i like you man... and i would love to toke a fatty with you.
PEACE
Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just remember: puff, puff, pass bro.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Junkie

haha but of course
Old 07-07-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
lol, i like you man... and i would love to toke a fatty with you.
PEACE
Old 07-07-2008, 09:51 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
all i have to say is wow... this board sure has gone downhill since the last time I was heavily involved here.

I don't think anyone is denying that the Fast 90/92 is better than the LS6, etc. It's just a matter of what's needed for YOUR application. a complete stock cubed engine, stock bolt on's and you slap a 92mm intake on their it's gonna over do the motor.... YES it will give more hp/tq through the curve and times on the track but it's not worth the reward far as $$$ goes... for instance an LS6 may actually produce more hp/tq through the curve if the tune is right since it better suits the application. GET IT GUYS?

TOO much air intake with the 92mm for a stock application is so extreme it would probably be difficult to get the tuning parameters right compared to a simple tune with the LS6... since their's nothing to complement the 92 so tunning with the 92 you would be starting on the top and working your way down compared to the LS6 and starting on the bottom and working your way up in a sense
Seriously your a ******* idiot. Plain and simple. If you ever plan on modding your motor more, why not buy all the right parts the first time? Hey I have stock heads and LS6 manifold but I have a forged bottom end with a high 230 cam and 620s for lift. The motor was blown and needed to be replace. Well I don't need all that right now since I don't have a FAST set up or a good drive train. But hey now when I upgrade the drive train I don't have to upgrade the motor again! the 92 is just 92 at the mouth there is nothing bad with getting a lot of air in there at the same time. The runners are designed to get velocity as it travels through, your not using the 100% potential of the manifold but hey its helping you use 100% of your motor! Isn't that the ******* point? Push the motor to the limits then upgrade once you have? Or build a huge motor with a very constrictive intake? I would much rather prefer the first. But maybe I'm just stupid, maybe my next build I will do a 454lsx with an ls6 manifold and stock manifold.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
Seriously your a ******* idiot. Plain and simple.
please justify this... and please mature yourself and grow up "kid"

If you ever plan on modding your motor more, why not buy all the right parts the first time? Hey I have stock heads and LS6 manifold but I have a forged bottom end with a high 230 cam and 620s for lift. The motor was blown and needed to be replace. Well I don't need all that right now since I don't have a FAST set up or a good drive train. But hey now when I upgrade the drive train I don't have to upgrade the motor again!
It's YOUR choice to have a built bottom end with and high end cam and stock heads, and intake... I never disrespected that so no need to directly insult me. what does a good drivetrain have to do with having a F.A.S.T intake? please educated me. who cares what you do with you drivetrain!

the 92 is just 92 at the mouth there is nothing bad with getting a lot of air in there at the same time. The runners are designed to get velocity as it travels through, your not using the 100% potential of the manifold but hey its helping you use 100% of your motor! Isn't that the ******* point?
you just completely contradicted yourself... obviously your using 100% of the intake! what does your intake only work on 80%? fullfill your testosterone rage on that! i know my intake works to 100% it's capable of... but no the 92mm is not utilizing the motor 100% to what it's capable of... only at the time though. get it? it's like a funnel or it could work in the opposite way? such a large opening with not enough air velocity traveling to it's destination, through the valves... where tuning would utilize the mod of a 92mm intake on a stock application for more through the curve... remember that ONLY what I'm talking about here is with a stock application and have been within this entire thread!

Push the motor to the limits then upgrade once you have? Or build a huge motor with a very constrictive intake? I would much rather prefer the first. But maybe I'm just stupid, maybe my next build I will do a 454lsx with an ls6 manifold and stock manifold.
if you read my post that you just quoted you are then agreeing with me dumbass once again! i just explained how you should start from the bottom and work your way up... in a sense you have more to work with and whats suitable for your application.... good luck with your LSX build

Now you officially got P3WED!!!

oh and on a site note... i hope your name isn't Ryan because you defintely give it a bad rep
Old 07-08-2008, 01:38 AM
12 Second Club

Reading comprehension > you

When I stated your not using 100% of it, I meant its potential I thought it was blatantly obvious but apparently not.

As far as my other examples go. What I was stating was it would be dumb to only build a motor that my drive train can handle at the moment. You are basically saying you should do everything once all at the same time, and seeing how that IS ideal, it ain't happening unless you just came up big time! So therefore in most cases its better to bigger for future plans instead of just going on what you need now and having to do it again later. So therefore what I am saying is, if you ever plan on going to a big cam or nitrous or anything along those lines why buy an LS6 intake now, then later buy a FAST setup again? See the logic there, PLAN AHEAD!

Now if you have a problem comprehending that much let me know I will send over my little cousin to explain it to you in a simpler manner.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:42 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
you just completely contradicted yourself... obviously your using 100% of the intake! what does your intake only work on 80%? fullfill your testosterone rage on that! i know my intake works to 100% it's capable of... but no the 92mm is not utilizing the motor 100% to what it's capable of... only at the time though. get it? it's like a funnel or it could work in the opposite way? such a large opening with not enough air velocity traveling to it's destination, through the valves... where tuning would utilize the mod of a 92mm intake on a stock application for more through the curve... remember that ONLY what I'm talking about here is with a stock application and have been within this entire thread!
So your saying a FAST 92 is not using your full motors potential? I would say that it is allowing the motor to do as much as it can, but the intake still has more to give when you have the motor to back it up.

And as far as me starting from the bottom, like I said my motor blew so I didn't have a choice were to start. Or I would def have gone with a fast setup with direct port on stock cube hand ported at home heads. And I guarantee it would have run very well!
Old 07-08-2008, 02:48 AM
TECH Addict

You are basically saying you should do everything once all at the same time, and seeing how that IS ideal, it ain't happening unless you just came up big time!
please quote me and show me where i said this... i have no where in this thread mentioned anything in this nature... please quit making lies to better yourself in the head

So therefore in most cases its better to bigger for future plans instead of just going on what you need now and having to do it again later. So therefore what I am saying is, if you ever plan on going to a big cam or nitrous or anything along those lines why buy an LS6 intake now, then later buy a FAST setup again? See the logic there, PLAN AHEAD!
because the FAST is not ready for that application and therefore can utilize more from the LS6... SEE THE LOGIC THERE?!??!?!?! and just saved $$$ for headers, a lid, a pulley, ported tb, etc.

Now if you have a problem comprehending that much let me know I will send over my little cousin to explain it to you in a simpler manner.
it's alright... don't need to bring myself down to your level. why critize someone right off the bat like you did and have NO subjective evidence to back yourself up besides pure blasphemy? ...that's right, I said blasphemy
So your saying a FAST 92 is not using your full motors potential? I would say that it is allowing the motor to do as much as it can, but the intake still has more to give when you have the motor to back it up.
it's using the potential but it's not complementing anything... too hard for you to understand... should read a little further past where you bolded my quote

YOU are the exact reason why such a thread like this one will probably get locked up by the morning... and most will agree and see that when you entered with a direct name called to myself and expect NOT to get a defensive attack back at yourself you will understand the kind of person you are... there's many names for your people that quite a few old timers on this board sure probably don't have too much consideration for
Old 07-08-2008, 03:43 AM
TECH Resident

i read all this and still no dyno graphs............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................**** ME RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**** DAMN HELL.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................M UTHERFUCKERDICKAPUSSY
Old 07-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Teching In

First of all, the car from the OP has longtubes and full exhaust and a dyno tune(very important for this setup.) Now, everybody keeps talking about the $. A new ls6 is $550,I dont buy used parts, and the fast "intake" is $799. So i really dont see the big deal. I am building the car to go H/c in the near future. Why buy things twice? The car runs unbelievable with the fast right now. I will try to post the dyno sheets tonight.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gold98Z28
i read all this and still no dyno graphs............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................**** ME RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**** DAMN HELL.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................M UTHERFUCKERDICKAPUSSY
I'm with you dude, just not so verbally abusive (though after 100+ posts you'd think there would be at least one dyno graph...)
Old 07-08-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with Choco to an extent.

Air velocity is important to an engine, you can hurt low end torque with too much intake (slower velocity). But the problem on this board is everybody is familiar with the LS1 and it is not a good engine to use as an example. Why? Because the heads/cam hell everything about this engine is very efficient and can utilize a slower velocity because it was designed to run in the higher rpms. I would venture you could increase the low end torque of an LS1 by putting a smaller longer runner intake on it at the expense of top end horsepower.

Now a better example to explain this would be to look at the L98 engine in the 3rd Gen Camaros.

They have the TPI (long tube runner) intake and the ****** would make boatloads of torque from 2000-3500 (like 350ft-lb or something crazy - stump puller), but the horsepower would die off at a measly 245hp @4,500-4,800 (i'd have to look back for exact numbers).

Now take this same L98 engine and throw a TPIS MINIRAM on it. Your low end torque will DIE, because you have essentially KILLED your air velocity and the "tuned" function of the longer runners (there was some to do with pulses with that design as well). But that Mini-Ram would make that engine scream on the topend and eat that TPI setup for lunch.

Throw a mild cam/head in it and watch it push 350hp easy.

My 2c.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Junkie

makes sense... but i dont think thats comparing apples to apples..
the l98 heads will flow completely different then a ls1 head
ANYWAYS, i see where your getting at!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Junkie

you wana talk about FUC- K ME RUNNING?! hows a rounded off flywheel bolt sound?!!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have a heads cam car that went 11.89 @ 118 & 1.88 60' with a ls6 intake & dyno tune on new nitto dr. & stock suspension.......

we put on a fast 92-92,bmr suspension,new et streets & went 11.08 @ 121 & 1.48 60' untuned ............

now lets brake it down sum what.......

11.89 - 11.08 = 8.1 tenth faster in the 1/4 with the fast 92,et streets & bmr...so were does the credit go???????

the bmr suspension & et streets over the stock suspension & nitto are an easy comparison in 60' 1.88 - 1.48 = 4/10s of a second faster in the 1/4

so that leaves us with 4.1 tenth & 3 mph faster for the fast 92/92 setup over the ls6 intake??????????

is my thinking flawed????????
Old 07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Junkie

back to the original issue

the intake showed very nice gains over the LS1 intake setup.

and i would like to see some dyno proof that the ls6 setup would come close to that on a stock h/c engine. all the results i've seen over the years seem to average out at around 8-10hp...almost 1/2 what was seen with the FAST.

and something to also consider into the equation.

albeit the FAST is $1200....but alot of us can turn right around and sell the ls6/ported TB for $400.

makes that initial investment for the FAST a bit easier to swallow
Old 07-08-2008, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

I copied & pasted this from my thread i accidentally posted in the internal engine section:
Previously made on a mustang dyno - CORRECTED
406 hp 373 tq with ls6 intake/ported tb

installed 90mm FAST intake/nick williams tb and got:
413 hp and 367 tq after tuning on same dyno as before

these are peak numbers, but under the curve the new numbers are down between 6-10 hp and 8-12 lb-ft up until 5000 rpm where the FAST setup finally eclipses the LS6 setup. I'll post a dyno graph overlay later.

My tuner told me he has seen this time and time again with FAST intakes and stock cubic inch motors. So why does everyone else on this site seem to gain 15-20 hp and 10-15 lb-ft from this swap? I just dont get it.
It didnt impress me as much as i thought it would.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ha, being that the LS6 manifold gained more power sub-5k rpm and the FAST gained less than 10 hp over the LS6 at peak power output, I think I'm glad I stuck with the LS6 manifold and put that extra cash toward something else worthwhile.

Quick Reply: New dyno #'s after Fast92 install!!