Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hans fuestal=NO GOOD!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The heads will suck anyway,there not cnc ported .
Old 04-22-2009, 02:45 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by built408
So why didn't you contact hans prior to starting this thread?? You figure you would look at a set of heads that you paid $1000 dollars worth of port work.
he said he tried calling, but no dice.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by built408
So why didn't you contact hans prior to starting this thread?? You figure you would look at a set of heads that you paid $1000 dollars worth of port work.
tried contacting hans for 2 weeks and went up there with no luck only "he will get in touch" and like i said i trusted him. he has em now we will see how it all ends. like i said b4 he had always been top notch.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by AaronR
The heads will suck anyway,there not cnc ported .
u r joking....right? r u new to this?
Old 04-22-2009, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Good luck with XHP....And don't you think that you should delete this thread until you're done with Hans?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:50 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by blown99bergerssclone
u r joking....right? r u new to this?
That was sarcasm
Old 04-22-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya read the whole thread chief.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not experienced in head milling so could someone explain to me what looks wrong in the pics posted?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a certain roughness or texture associated with milling a head properly. If you make a pass across it too quickly, it will leave too much roughness. When you use a lathe or mill and move too quickly, you don't remove all of the material and that creates the roughness. You can also make multiple passes quickly to achieve a good result I guess. That is what he's apparently dealing with here.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
There is a certain roughness or texture associated with milling a head properly. If you make a pass across it too quickly, it will leave too much roughness. When you use a lathe or mill and move too quickly, you don't remove all of the material and that creates the roughness. You can also make multiple passes quickly to achieve a good result I guess. That is what he's apparently dealing with here.

My .02 for this thread is this...

I love how many internet cylinder head millers we have to go along with all of the internet builders, and internet mechanics. That is all!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

let met start off by saying his shop used to be top notch. i dropped off a set of Dart 225s to be ported and was quoted $1200. When i finally went to pick them up he tried to charge an extra four hundred for "extra time". I told him that wasnt right and had he have called me after the first $100 of extra time I would have probably said ok, but he didnt. Then his porter came into the conversation complaining that he had a lot of extra time in them and I told him that was between him and his boss. After some arguing Hans said to take the heads and pay what we agreed on. Its been a long time and now Im getting the car back together at Extreme Horsepower in NRH. When I dropped off the heads Chris pointed out that the milled surface of the heads were not finished and that only one intake runner was complete. the other 7 look like the pic.I have treid calling Hans with no luck and now I'm stuck paying another shop to finish his work. Hans' last words to me the day I picked my heads up from him were that guys like me were the reason why he would close his shop. If you had asked me a few years ago about him, I would have said he was one of the best. Now, all I can say is, guess you have to have a supersized pocket of money to get quality work out of Hans, or even fairly good work at all, and that the "little guy" doesnt matter at all anymore. What a shame... i would love to see his porter at a bar.....
My other question for you now is.... how is XHP going to fix your stuff when all of their machines were sold back to the Machine Dealer. I ask a simple question here and you can make it out to whatever you want, but I know who's getting the flow bench for cylinder heads that was sold back to the Machine dealer and was told the rest of the machines they used were also up there for sale. Things that make you go hmm LOL
Old 04-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
My .02 for this thread is this...

I love how many internet cylinder head millers we have to go along with all of the internet builders, and internet mechanics. That is all!
Every head I have had milled have looked like that. The milling part looks perfect IMO.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

My other question for you now is.... how is XHP going to fix your stuff when all of their machines were sold back to the Machine Dealer. I ask a simple question here and you can make it out to whatever you want, but I know who's getting the flow bench for cylinder heads that was sold back to the Machine dealer and was told the rest of the machines they used were also up there for sale. Things that make you go hmm LOL
they already said they dont do it in house and i talked with a guy in haltom that does some of the work for em. and besides hans is doing the heads.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KCS
That was sarcasm
sorry thought it might have been but wasnt sure.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by crazykid
Every head I have had milled have looked like that. The milling part looks perfect IMO.
was told the surface would b ok with non boosted and stock headgasket but not with cometics and 14lb. and yes hans new what the app was.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by adam02gt
Good luck with XHP....And don't you think that you should delete this thread until you're done with Hans?
no. i think at this point its best to keep it going til its over. i have always liked hans' work just not this time. and i have not posted anything other than the facts. it looks like he is fixing the problem and is supposed to re flow the heads. when i pick them up i plan on having them re flowed elsewhere and looked over. still trust hans just not his people. you dont get to his level with out being good.just seems he has picked up a slug or 2 over the years.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

LOL You are one of the smarter ones here bro. High five to you.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

no. i think at this point its best to keep it going til its over. i have always liked hans' work just not this time. and i have not posted anything other than the facts. it looks like he is fixing the problem and is supposed to re flow the heads. when i pick them up i plan on having them re flowed elsewhere and looked over. still trust hans just not his people. you dont get to his level with out being good.just seems he has picked up a slug or 2 over the years.
My suggestion is that if you do not want to step on his toes and him possibly reading this by a quick show from his people and customers read this board and really flipping his lid..I'd delete it like it never existed and only bring it up when you are not satisfied.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:59 AM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

Like someone already said, the surface finish looks like it was done with a cutter normally used for iron, like a carbide or CBN cutter. Nothing wrong with it, but I wouldn't say it's perfect. You can get a MUCH better finish with a PCD cutter.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

My suggestion is that if you do not want to step on his toes and him possibly reading this by a quick show from his people and customers read this board and really flipping his lid..I'd delete it like it never existed and only bring it up when you are not satisfied.
hans knows how i feel and like i said i have only stated facts. hans should have inspected the work his guy did and if he has seen this thread it will help to keep the next guy from having this problem because he will stay on top of his guys like he did in the past. hope he reads the entire thread instead of what someone tells him. then atleast he will know i havent bashed him just shared my experience. if that pisses him off at me then oh well he would do the same if it was the other way around. i would use him again as long as this turns out good. and i think it will now that he knows whats up. it just sucks that his porter tried to slide 1 by.

Quick Reply: hans fuestal=NO GOOD!!!!!