Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help if someone can

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help if someone can

I will ask this again. I have a 1999 Trans am and I have done alot of changes to it. My car runs just great until it warms up. After that is still runs great but There is alot ofd smoke. I looked at the driver side tail pipe and there is alot of wet oil in it. Would this be my valve seals? I no my rings may not be the best but I can,t see the rings putting out that much oil. I put my finger in the tail pipe and it comes out wet with oil.
I am looking for any help.
Thanks
Old 05-16-2009, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check and replace the pcv valve. Its cheap and can cause problems like oil consumption. Also try running the motor a little with the oil cap off and see how much pressure you have in the crankcase. If there is a significant amount of pressure do a compression test. Also how many miles on the car and do you run nitrous?
Old 05-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Thanks for your reply. It only has 82.000 on the motor. and I do not run gas at all. I had the top end done and I and a comp cams 588 inch lift on the intake and 574 inch lift on the exhaust. I have stage 2 patriot performance heads on the motor. I do have a 418 stroker in the crate I plan on putting in the car but right now cash is bad so I just want to take care of the motor until I pull it out and replace it with my 418. My heads is to small so I will be sending them back to go to a stage 3 set up unless I can get a L92 set up. Every body is trying to make big cast on the heads right now.
Thanks for the help you gave me.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude, you got help the last time you posted this. Instead of actually doing anything, you gave up and said you were going to swap in a new engine.

Now here ya are again.

Either get a compression gauge and use it, report the results for all 8 cylinders...or admit you're just here looking for somebody to fix your car over TEH INTARWEBZ.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Junkie

sure its not gas from running rich

sounds like when it goes into closed loop it starts running bad. could be o2 sensors/
Old 05-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Hay everyone thanks for the input on this. 82 z is right I will have to get a compression test gauge and check it that way. 82 Z your right But I don,t want any one to do this for me. I will do it myself. Maybe I was just putting it off because I am going to change the block. I have had it for 6 months but money is not right for me at this time. I have 3 cars so I gusee it just got put off but I want to at least drive it alittle this year. I have had the car for 7 years and last year was the first year I could not drive it. Thanks for the help I will check it and let evey one know what I come up with.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So did you check anything yet?
Old 05-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Teching In

I am sorry I just now noticed what you said. I have been busy in the yard. I pulled the pulls on Sunday but I did not get a chance to do the compression test yet. It took me 3 hours to pull the plugs. I had to take off a lot of things just to get to the back plugs on the right side of the car. I live in Michigan so I am just now getting how the weather is here and I have been in the yard doing somethings. I have to get done but I plan on working on the car in a day or 2. I will let everyone know what I come up with.
Thanks