Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Be very careful about blem/ overstock blocks/ parts.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 09:59 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

I'll be the contrarian here, I think the engine was assembled incorrectly. Now I am not trying to attack you Carl, but you first posted this in the admin section and I am still thinking the same thing. Since you posted this out in the open I will still say the same thing. In my opinion there is not enough pure information in here to say that the block has a casting flaw, or that there is something wrong with the main caps. How do we know that bearing was installed correctly? Threads like this can cut both ways.

I am like a clearinghouse of LS1 information in the community and I have only seen Valvegod's stuff have issues due to shipping.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

As someone who has been in both the machining of product in the HP industry and one who years ago assembled the product I can tell you this from experience. Leave nothing un checked. I have checked line bore on $3500 blocks from OEMs, performance mfg and others that were not in spec. I have CC's chambers of heads that vary 6 cc's from advertised.
There is nothing wrong with building your own stuff. The experience is great. But as an engine builder it is your responsiblity to check all tolerances during assembly. It is nothing more then quality control. I would say the line bore is out and was not caught. Whose fault is it.
I can't say enough, if its $150 for the proper tooling then get it, because its far cheaper in the long run.

Cstraub