Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going back together with engine need a little help with the connections at heads?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going back together with engine need a little help with the connections at heads?

Well its been about 6 months since I tore it down and am finally reassembling. Im having a problem remembering the connections at the head can someone help. Here is what I recall

1.)Temp sensor in driver front side of head?
2.)Ground on drivers rear head or passenger?
3.)Also have a black bracket that goes on the back of one of the heads think drivers?
4.) There is a wiring loom holder goes on passenger rear head?
5.) On the side toward the back of the passenger head there is another spot that looks like is for the temp sensor also threaded in the side of head?? Does a plug go here, to the left of the last bolt on the exhaust manifold.

Just been a while anyone who could refresh my memory on these 5 things would make it alot easier on me today..

Thanks

Last edited by vipvegas; 01-17-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vipvegas
Well its been about 6 months since I tore it down and am finally reassembling. Im having a problem remembering the connections at the head can someone help. Here is what I recall

1.)Temp sensor in driver front side of head? Yes
2.)Ground on drivers rear head or passenger? drivers side, there are two of them
3.)Also have a black bracket that goes on the back of one of the heads think drivers? ?
4.) There is a wiring loom holder goes on passenger rear head?
5.) On the side toward the back of the passenger head there is another spot that looks like is for the temp sensor also threaded in the side of head?? Does a plug go here, to the left of the last bolt on the exhaust manifold. The heads are not left and right. If you were to put that head on the drivers side what would that port be for ?... temp sensor

Just been a while anyone who could refresh my memory on these 5 things would make it alot easier on me today..

Thanks
looms are different on my car due to all the mods
Old 01-17-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well the temp sensor was originally on the d/s head, I had the heads gone over and I guess the builder never put the m12x1.5x21 plug back in the rear of the passenger head.

The black bracket I have has a hole for one mounting bolt and the bracket has the slide to clip and lock connection for a sensor or something on top. A friend was helping and labeled the bag the part was in "back of block ground". Im lost on this one
Old 01-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep put that plug in and your good to go on that head. Not sure on the brackets and looms though maybe someone else wiil chime in.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Plugged the hole. Here is a picture of the bracket I dont remember.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

it goes towards the top of the drivers side head on the rear against the fire wall. the air pump attaches to it which is probably tuned out so you may not even need to put it on. the open fork looking side is flat downward over what i believe is a 9/16" bolt head. i tryed to get a pic but there is really no room to see what you are looking at.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks alot no need for it deleted the AIR system.

One more question I was looking at the loom today and it seems where on the back of the driverside head where the grounds go, I stretched the loom and I see 3 total grounds not 2 they all seem to be the same length off the loom and I dont see where the 3rd one would go other then the head. Do they all do in one bolt or each a seperate hole in the back of the head. I think there are 3 threaded spots but like you said one was for the AIR.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:04 PM
11 Second Club

The Loom I am suspecting is your main wiring Harness??? Usually there are 3 grounds to the back of the Dr side head,, 2 for 1 bolt 1 for the other. The loom should have a bracket around it with a hole in it. that bolts to the pass. head. Temp sensor in the front of Dr. head. Plug in the rear of Pass head. Hope this helps out...
Old 01-17-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Think all questions have been answered Thanks 99LSS1, thompson, 99blancoss