Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do i have to order O2 Extensions for 99 CAMARO SS??

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Do i have to order O2 Extensions for 99 CAMARO SS??

Hi everyone

Im ordering TSP long tube Headers 1 7/8'' with y-pipe for my friends 99 CAMARO SS, im not sure if he has the EGR or deleted, he had straight pipe's+mufflers+SLP tips, so there is no CAT'S i believe

do i have to order O2 Extensions while ordering the headers????

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=899&catid=20

Also which UD pulley to choose? March or ASP or SLP or BBK ???

http://www.lmperformance.com/t/35-6/1.html

http://www.byunspeed.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=47

Sorry if asked to much cauz I dont want to make mistake's
Old 03-22-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess it depends on the headers, I did not have to have them for mine, although My passengers side is tight, not much slack but not worried, working for 2 years now.

as far as the balancer, they are all good But I would go with the asp or slp just preference though.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer the Bosch O2s part number 13111 over paying for extensions. They have a longer harness and are said to heat up better which helps keep them from fouling being as long tubes locate the sensors further down stream vs the manifolds, and it takes them longer to get hot.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RARON455
I guess it depends on the headers, I did not have to have them for mine, although My passengers side is tight, not much slack but not worried, working for 2 years now.

as far as the balancer, they are all good But I would go with the asp or slp just preference though.
Thanx 4 the comment bro, how come it depends on headers? or it depands on the car model and manifold's sensors??

Originally Posted by BriancWS6
I prefer the Bosch O2s part number 13111 over paying for extensions. They have a longer harness and are said to heat up better which helps keep them from fouling being as long tubes locate the sensors further down stream vs the manifolds, and it takes them longer to get hot.
so what the differance between them?

and do i've buy the extension or i dont need them anyone???

can u give me the link for the Bosch o2??
Old 03-23-2010, 02:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With our headers, I would get the extensions along with the headers. I don't like cutting and splicing the sensors. It will save you headaches down the road.

Jon
Old 03-23-2010, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
With our headers, I would get the extensions along with the headers. I don't like cutting and splicing the sensors. It will save you headaches down the road.

Jon
So dear Jon i've to buy those extensions right? there are recommended (necssary) ??
Old 03-23-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They arent a MUST but are nice to have.

Its as simple as plugging in an extension cord as opposed to cutting the factory o2 hardness and splicing in X amount of wire to get the correct length.

I would get them just for the fact of not having to F with cutting and splicing ****, haha.

EDIT:

The other guy was talking about the corvette o2 sensors with the longer harness already connected to them, but since your installing LT's anyway now is NOT a good time to replace them b/c the ceramic coating burning off could kill them. Thats a quick way to waste what, $60 or so lol.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
They arent a MUST but are nice to have.

Its as simple as plugging in an extension cord as opposed to cutting the factory o2 hardness and splicing in X amount of wire to get the correct length.

I would get them just for the fact of not having to F with cutting and splicing ****, haha.

EDIT:

The other guy was talking about the corvette o2 sensors with the longer harness already connected to them, but since your installing LT's anyway now is NOT a good time to replace them b/c the ceramic coating burning off could kill them. Thats a quick way to waste what, $60 or so lol.
thank u my friend, so its better to have them so their will b no cutting and staff like that for the stock harness/wires

thank agian
Old 03-23-2010, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

It's up to you, but I would rather put the money that extensions cost towards a new set of O2s that already have a harness long enough, and that do a better job with long tubes to begin with for the reason I stated in my first post.

I have installed multiple sets of headers, and never had a problem with the coating burning off ruining the sensors like Toolate stated. I have had guys I installed headers for want to save money and I did the cut/extend/splice in some extra length of wiring for their O2s (pacesetter headers include this wiring and the butt connectors), and they never had a single issue.

If it were me, I would just buy the Bosch sensors and be done with it. But if you don't want to spend the money now, and have original equipment O2s, I would just splice and extend those, and when they die, and they will, buy the Bosch 13111s that I suggested.

That's my experienced opinion.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BriancWS6
It's up to you, but I would rather put the money that extensions cost towards a new set of O2s that already have a harness long enough, and that do a better job with long tubes to begin with for the reason I stated in my first post.

I have installed multiple sets of headers, and never had a problem with the coating burning off ruining the sensors like Toolate stated. I have had guys I installed headers for want to save money and I did the cut/extend/splice in some extra length of wiring for their O2s (pacesetter headers include this wiring and the butt connectors), and they never had a single issue.

If it were me, I would just buy the Bosch sensors and be done with it. But if you don't want to spend the money now, and have original equipment O2s, I would just splice and extend those, and when they die, and they will, buy the Bosch 13111s that I suggested.

That's my experienced opinion.
Thank u very much for u advice man, i really do appericated it helps a lot

I will do what u have told me, but can u help me with the BOSCH sensors link? so i can see their price's and can buy then=m at one's??

Thanx
Old 03-24-2010, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro ss 2001
Thank u very much for u advice man, i really do appericated it helps a lot

I will do what u have told me, but can u help me with the BOSCH sensors link? so i can see their price's and can buy then=m at one's??

Thanx
It's no problem at all. Glad to help out a fellow enthusiast.

I have always purchased them locally at whatever parts store had them at the lowest price. Auto Zone, O Reillys, Advanced Auto Parts, etc. With that said, I'm sure you can find them online in various places, just type in Bosch 13111 in a search engine and tons of links should pop up.

Here ya go, did that search for ya

http://www.google.com/search?q=Bosch...ient=firefox-a
Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

Just get 99-03 corvette downstream o2 sensors bosch 13111 as BriancWS6 stated. they are longer than fbodies up stream ones. you will not need to splice or get extensions. cleanest, cheapest, less headache install!! Besides if your car has over 50k miles i would change the o2s even if your current set are still good.

Quick Reply: Do i have to order O2 Extensions for 99 CAMARO SS??