Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLease help with Head choice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out this guys stuff too. Chris is good people.

Also see his website at www.cylinderheadspecialties.com
Old 01-31-2004, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what Terry said alone I would get those heads. Customer service is great. So is the product.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike98WS6
From what Terry said alone I would get those heads. Customer service is great. So is the product.
I agree, my car has made great power with every set of patriot heads I've had on it. And as far as consistancy goes, the set of LS6 style heads I have right now makes exactly the same power as the set I had before. Also, the first set I had was a prototype set that wasn't heat treated (I bought the heads knowing that) and I ran them for 4,000 miles without any issues. This second set with the dual quench chambers are the production heads and they are heat treated... 4,000 miles on them too, and no problems. I have NEVER seen evidence of any problems related to the welding of chambers on anyones heads on this or any other board. Heck, Summit racing does loads of research before they will sell someones product. The simple fact of Summit racing beginning to sell Patriot heads in their spring catalog should be reassuring enough to belive in their quality.

It is funny that out of "all these cars" that were down on power after they installed patriot heads, we have NEVER seen a graph of a swap between patriot heads and someone elses and the car gaining power. I belive that "lower than expected" numbers can be contributed to poor combo's, weak engines, bad tuning, drivetrain problems, or a combination of those factors.

I promise you though, whatever head you buy from any board sponsor, you will be happy with them and the service you recieve. Each sponsor has impressed me with the care and attention they give to their customers. We should be proud that we have such wonderful resources available to us.

Last edited by gomer; 01-31-2004 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=gomer] I have NEVER seen evidence of any problems related to the welding of chambers on anyones heads on this or any other board. Heck, Summit racing does loads of research before they will sell someones product. The simple fact of Summit racing beginning to sell Patriot heads in their spring catalog should be reassuring enough to belive in their quality.

ok gomer why dont you ask Terry about the set of heads that came back to him last week with the # 1 stamped on it a few times. You seem to think i dont know whats going on but i do. those heads were SOFT as a cushion. not to mention that the seats were sinking and the valve guides were horrible. that is what welding chambers does to a head. as for summit, funny how they called ABSOLUTE SPEED the end of last week.

I do my research
Old 02-01-2004, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gomer
I agree, my car has made great power with every set of patriot heads I've had on it. And as far as consistancy goes, the set of LS6 style heads I have right now makes exactly the same power as the set I had before. Also, the first set I had was a prototype set that wasn't heat treated (I bought the heads knowing that) and I ran them for 4,000 miles without any issues. This second set with the dual quench chambers are the production heads and they are heat treated... 4,000 miles on them too, and no problems. I have NEVER seen evidence of any problems related to the welding of chambers on anyones heads on this or any other board. Heck, Summit racing does loads of research before they will sell someones product. The simple fact of Summit racing beginning to sell Patriot heads in their spring catalog should be reassuring enough to belive in their quality.

It is funny that out of "all these cars" that were down on power after they installed patriot heads, we have NEVER seen a graph of a swap between patriot heads and someone elses and the car gaining power. I belive that "lower than expected" numbers can be contributed to poor combo's, weak engines, bad tuning, drivetrain problems, or a combination of those factors.

I promise you though, whatever head you buy from any board sponsor, you will be happy with them and the service you recieve. Each sponsor has impressed me with the care and attention they give to their customers. We should be proud that we have such wonderful resources available to us.
I also believe that Year One sells Patriot heads too. Is'nt it funny how they carry them as well as Summit?? I just checked thier site. I don't understand why people insist on knocking these heads??? They have no idea unless they have them in thier car to see what kind of powr there making. This is getting old. I did my research too!!!
Old 02-01-2004, 01:16 PM
Launching!

IMO, your heads can only be as good as your cam and the rest of your combo. whats the point of having a killer head if you dont have a cam to take advantage or vise versa. if 2100 bucks is your limit, look into the MTI S2E(?) heads, Absolute, or GTP S1 heads. for 200 bucks more you can have GTP S2 heads. they are proven heads to run mid 10s on motor with the right cam. either way, good luck on your choice.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

i guess you guys seemed to skip my statement in my post. I had in my own hands a set of pp ls6 style heads off of a recent poster who complained of low dyno #s. the heads were SOFT, seats were sinking in the heads, plus the same person complained about oil consumption. becuase the valve guides were off. mike98ws6 you have no need to worry about these as for the 5.3 heads arent getting welded. plus what kind of power are these heads making??? it seems the bar has been raised to 450 i think patriot has one set of heads that made over 450 and its gomer. the guy who bought 6 sets. i jsut hate seeing nice people getting screwed. yeah terry sends a new set of heads right out after a guy has major problems. that is why no one comes foward with what really happened.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm sure if there's guys who have had problems with the Patriot's they would tell us on the board with the PP LS6's. I'm pretty sure Terry wouldn't send out a set of heads knowing they have problems with welding up the chambers. If there are problems I would like to hear them too. Who knows I might swap out my 5.3's for them one day.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike98WS6
I'm sure if there's guys who have had problems with the Patriot's they would tell us on the board with the PP LS6's. I'm pretty sure Terry wouldn't send out a set of heads knowing they have problems with welding up the chambers. If there are problems I would like to hear them too. Who knows I might swap out my 5.3's for them one day.
If YOU have had a problem with the LS6 style patriot heads, PLEASE post up your problem. Because these are the heads that I'm running now and the heads I plan on using on my stroker motor. Notice I only want first hand information, no second or third hand stuff.