Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forged motor blown up....shop does not care!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

well as someone posted earlier...the shop or op only know what really happened. It sucks hopefully it all gets worked out.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry this happened to you. Let others know NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VegasLSX
YES. Without a doubt. The OP has opted us not to fix his engine. We offered but was denied. Good luck with his future builds.
Thanks for the offer, but I did decline your shop to work on my car. I will be going with a reputable shop this time around.

Also, the correct parts??? A small shot nitrous piston and not the correct rings would be wrong parts. I can put up my invoice if you would like.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TransAm2002
Thanks for the offer, but I did decline your shop to work on my car. I will be going with a reputable shop this time around.

Also, the correct parts??? A small shot nitrous piston and not the correct rings would be wrong parts. I can put up my invoice if you would like.
A little more info on this reputable shop please. Good shops in Vegas are hard to find.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS#2906
A little more info on this reputable shop please. Good shops in Vegas are hard to find.
Motors....Need to go out of town for that. Working on the cars and tuning....Sam at Fairway Chevy.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do all your work yourself! And sam at fairway is the mannn
Old 11-01-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by caseypryan
do all your work yourself!
I would, but motors are something I want a reputable shop to do, this is not a head/cam install.

I did pull the car apart by myself with hand tools in the garage. For a motor job really need a lift.

Last edited by TransAm2002; 11-01-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

7. Brian's car was next to be check out on that day. The removal of brian's plugs reveled that the electrode straps were completely gone off two plugs and one other plug was fouled out. After looking down the cylinder with bore scope the tops of two pistons looked like the surface of the moon. Shiny with pits. The compression test resulted in 20 lbs difference between the cylinders. Conclusion on brians car is, yes you can drive it and yes it does run good after the new plugs BUT your engine has received damage that is irreversible and will show it's face in the future.

This is the part that suprises me the most. The vehicle was inspected and release by the shop with noticable damage to a fresh motor. That should of never happened. As a shop owner, I can say that this vehicle would of not been released to the customer until the motor no longer showed signs of issues (coolant consumption/ oil burning). The motor was obviously not right from the beginning and when the shop releases a vehicle with an engine that is obviously not perfect, as far as I am concerned, they have just accepted all responsiblilty of future damage that could occur by usage of the motor as designed. I can understand the OP's view on driving the vehicle. Customers bring their cars to us because they trust and confide in our shop. When I tell a customer what is or is not okay, they trust my judgement whole-heartedly. The vehicle obviously was released with issues. Even though we all can agree that nitrous should never of been used, it is obvious that both the OP and the shop were aware of the usage and the OP was never informed that nitrous should not be used. I mean come on, the shop even produced a tune for the nitrous..... who else would of done that? The right thing to occur here is for the shop to assume responsibility strictly due to reputation and bad judgement. The car should of never left....period. At first it would of just been a simple rebuild. Now its a complete overhaul. Just get it done.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I appreciate everyone's comments on my situation.

Quick Reply: Forged motor blown up....shop does not care!!