Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

have some questions,stock ls1 block

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 05:28 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default have some questions,stock ls1 block

Ok I have a 99ss m6,full bolt on's ,ms4 cam,textrallia clutch,ok this winter I plan to finish my project,just wanted to ask a few questions,how much will the stock block take?and what can I do to the stock block to make it withstand what I plan on throwing at it, also will a fast set up really give me a lot better gains over a ls6 and which one I was looking at going with a ported 102.my winter build is looking like this,maybe swaping my ls6 intake and ported tb to a fast set up,12 bolt with at 4.10s or higher,rebuilt t56 by Tdp,there prices are great by the way,porting my stock heads,and a 100 shot dry.I have learned a lot for this is my first ls1 and it s going on 2 years since I bought it,this website has helped me a lot,from when we installed my longtubes to the cam,I'm still a newb but I'm getting there.so thanks for everyones help,also would it be better just to go with a 6.0 block?thanks again guys and God bless you all
Old 11-01-2010, 08:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

With a safe tune I don't see why your LS1 couldn't handle that.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Captain Double Post

Just double checking like I said if I have to pull the block out and rebuild it I will,I just don't wanna have any issues come spring time that would have the car down for a short period of time
Old 11-02-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. For what intentions I see listed, you don't have to pull the block.
2.What does your car currently make power wise? People frequently push stock blocks over 500hp with nitrous. With your future rearend and built T56, I don't see it being a problem whatsoever. But of course, if you have the money, bigger cubes is always nice.
3.Absolutely go with a FAST intake and TB, whether it be a used 92 or a new 102.
4. 4.10's would be a good choice for your MS4
5. Don't waste you time and money porting your heads, if anything get stock 243's for now, or better if cash allows.
6. If you choose to leave your engine alone and not rebuild it completely, most people would recommend still replacing the rod bolts.

Hope this helps, and btw I don't work much during the winter so if you set up a weekend to do some of this I would be glad to help. Not too far from Elyria.

Allen
Old 11-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Captain Double Post

Yeah that would be cool,not to many off my friends are ls1 nuts,lol,thanks allen yeah rod bolts I was thinking is a must.what kind of car do you have ,
Old 11-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Captain Double Post

Yeah I'm thinking tsp stage1 243s,for the price I would pay to have the stockers ported it would be worth the lil extra and buy something a lil better,but thanks for the help offer,for sure well set something up I start to lose my mind around mid jan.lol
Old 11-03-2010, 02:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob, empty your PM box it's full.

Anyways:

I live just west of Akron. 1998 Z28, silver, really damn loud...I'm in Ohio LSX which I think you are too cause I recognize your name but I can't remember who you might be. I get on here every couple of days so shoot me another PM if you have questions or need any help in the future. I think Elyria is probably about an hour from here, worth the trip to help a fellow member.

Allen
Old 11-03-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Yeah I'm thinking tsp stage1 243s,for the price I would pay to have the stockers ported it would be worth the lil extra and buy something a lil better,but thanks for the help offer,for sure well set something up I start to lose my mind around mid jan.lol

-If are familiar w/ Ohio LSX, give your 241's to bobsmyuncle for porting & also ask him to angle the valves. I don't agree that 243's are the way for you to go because I know that bobsmyuncle will port your 241's for less than the cost of 243's & ported 241's flow very well. Send bobsmyuncle a PM & he'll give you a good price.

-Of course, upgrade the rod bolts.

-FAST or no FAST is up to you. IMO, the FAST intake is over priced. Your LS6 intake w/ an opened up inlet & an 85mm TB will save a lot of money if money is an issue & you won't lose much over the FAST; besides...the dry shots gonna backfire & blow a hole in the FAST intake one day anyway.