Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does tsp make crap cams ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 10:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mark97ta
To update this thread, I was just giving an opinion of a tuner in the area. It was not what I wanted to hear, because I was wanting to install a TSP cam kit. In a nut shell, his opinion was that " if I ordered the as is cam kit" I would not be getting and or installing the right length push rods, Because quote unquote the ls1 engine has too much lifter pre load in stock form. I now know after talking to him and TSP that he has some personal issue with TSP and that is his own personal issue. NOT MINE ! I have ordered everything needed to do my cam swap from tsp and I wait to get the chance to install it. Every one I talked to at TSP was very helpful and knew off hand of who gave me the "bad" opinion of TSP.

PM sent....
Old 12-20-2010, 11:44 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL @ the title of this thread.

FYI, TSP's cams are grind by Comp. Just like 99% of anyone else you buy a cam from. If the cams are "falling apart" it's a Comp issue, not TSP. They don't grind cams back behind the shop in a shed.

Jon/Matt/Jason/Trevor are all good guys.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
Who is your tuner? Eastern NC?
LMFAO I know who your talking about.. when I took my car to that shop back in 06 they bashed my kit which was from you all. Back then they were one of the only shops close to me to get a tune.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never fails... Easiest way to sell your stuff is apparently hammer on someone else! We're used to it by now

Jon
Old 12-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't even consider ordering parts from anyone other than texas speed. I got my headers with tsp y pipe last year, great guys to deal with, good service/ fast shipping. I will be ordering my heads/cam combo next month from them. Can't wait to get the stuff and get it in. Proven performance with awesome prices. you can't beat it. How can anyone argue that their stuff is junk when you see over and over the great gains from their combos. TSP for the win! I'm ready for that Tsunami...