Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**UPDATED**PRC 215's-EPS Cam-Super Victor setup on a 346

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrs1313
yeah I would not get in a rush, also cancels happen more than you think...just think someone is taking your spot now on Friday...

You should have to wait for pushrods too...that should be measured and ordered last once the heads are on...

Chris
Actually Larry told me that they are actually using my spot on Friday to catch up on a shop project.

already had heads on and measured. actually ended up with 7.400"

I hope they get a cancellation and Larry actually calls me to fill the spot...
Old 04-19-2011, 08:50 PM
11 Second Club

not worth rushing at all. and This car has a lane with me but i dont think it will crack my stock ls6 heads and vindicator cam numbers that i did on speed inc dyno
Old 04-19-2011, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah it might be the same head but not the same ports, that car is tricked out for sure...lots of secrets...I have yet to see a prc 215/227 346 break 500rwhp...good heads just think they are hyped up to much...

I hope you proven me wrong I am rooting for you...got a buddy doing a killer setup too on a 346 with the 227s prc's, fast 102...

I put down some good numbers with my setup so it will be nice to see how they hold up against a victor prc215 setup since we are both a4 and dyno at the same place...

let me know if you need a hand or have any questions...I am right up the street in Plainfield...

oh yeah you have a lane when that car is done...make sure you have a good ram air setup or that is 3mph on the table
That's where you are wrong. This is the exact same head,ports, valves ect....that's on the TSP car.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:15 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry ups killed the cylinder Head you received. That's exactly why we use a expensive box setup and ship individually.
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 04-19-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
Sorry ups killed the cylinder Head you received. That's exactly why we use a expensive box setup and ship individually.
I don't blame the guys at TSP for the damaged head. It was clearly mishandled by UPS.

I do appreciate you guys replacing yet another head without even recieving the original two back yet. As soon as I get a shipping label I will send the others back BTW.

The sooner I can get the replacement the better obviously so that I can break it in properly before the dyno. BTW I know this is for a different thread all together but how do you guys break in your motors, I know that some say to baby it, and other pretty much tell you to drive it like ya stole it. (personally I like the drive it like ya stole it... seems like so much more fun )
Old 04-19-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh yeah you have a lane when that car is done...make sure you have a good ram air setup or that is 3mph on the table
Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
not worth rushing at all. and This car has a lane with me but i dont think it will crack my stock ls6 heads and vindicator cam numbers that i did on speed inc dyno

Why you two trying to pick on me with ur 10 second cars? It's gonna be a 12 second car if I'm lucky
Old 04-19-2011, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

man I really gotta get my junk together ... very curious about the prc castings
Old 04-19-2011, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TVWilkes
That's where you are wrong. This is the exact same head,ports, valves ect....that's on the TSP car.
would love to see the proof on that...what is the q16 for...

pm sent don't want to hyjack his thread
Old 04-19-2011, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ryle
Why you two trying to pick on me with ur 10 second cars? It's gonna be a 12 second car if I'm lucky
My car only has stock LS6 heads and a Vindicator. if anything i need land with them big 227 prc's. Wish i had a good head
Old 04-19-2011, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
My car only has stock LS6 heads and a Vindicator. if anything i need land with them big 227 prc's. Wish i had a good head
215's... u were close though
Old 04-19-2011, 11:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ryle
215's... u were close though
215's **** then you better get the 227's to keep up with me all 3500lbs of me and my car.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Im curious too about these heads. I dont want any, just curious to see who they upset. The owner of the car or the guy in the other lane.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:40 AM
FormerVendor

would love to see the proof on that...what is the q16 for...
Because the heads are milled on the shop car. That's not rocket science. We have stated that it has higher compression in every thread about the car. Obviously we can't run the same compression on customer's cars as our shop car. It makes a handful of passes a year and is not driven every day like the majority of our customers do. If you think it is a different port on that car buy yourself a plane ticket and fly down. The car is actually here at the shop right now and we'll pull the heads off here just for you. I hate to burst your bubble but we don't do any hand porting on anything...

Daniel,

If you don't want the heads and feel you got caught up on some "good marketing" please send them back and we'll get you refunded on them. The last thing I want is you to not be happy with a product, especially before you even put them on to see if they are good or bad. The heads are exactly as we advertise. If you are doubting that before you get the heads, it makes more sense for you to go another route for you to be happy with what you are spending your money on. Let me know if that's what you want to do and we can make that happen.

Jon Reynolds
Sales Manager

Last edited by Jon@Texas-Speed; 04-20-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
Because the heads are milled on the shop car. That's not rocket science. We have stated that it has higher compression in every thread about the car. Obviously we can't run the same compression on customer's cars as our shop car. It makes a handful of passes a year and is not driven every day like the majority of our customers do. If you think it is a different port on that car buy yourself a plane ticket and fly down. The car is actually here at the shop right now and we'll pull the heads off here just for you. I hate to burst your bubble but we don't do any hand porting on anything...

Daniel,

If you don't want the heads and feel you got caught up on some "good marketing" please send them back and we'll get you refunded on them. The last thing I want is you to not be happy with a product, especially before you even put them on to see if they are good or bad. The heads are exactly as we advertise. If you are doubting that before you get the heads, it makes more sense for you to go another route for you to be happy with what you are spending your money on. Let me know if that's what you want to do and we can make that happen.

Jon Reynolds
Sales Manager
I never said I didn't want the heads... I merely stated the obvious that they were marketed well. Don't take that comment the wrong way. Nothing derogatory was meant by it. I do want the heads and the sooner the better!

I did research for about 2 months before I actually bought the heads... Obviously $2k is a rather large purchase. If I didn't feel the PRC's were a good head I wouldn't have bought them in the first place... I never had any doubts about the heads nor do I feel your marketing is decieving. Just want to make that clear.

Last edited by ryle; 04-20-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:25 PM
FormerVendor

I understand completely. We just want you to feel 100% confident in your purchase. It is a lot of money and the last thing I want is you to not be happy with them. If that were the case, absolutely we want them back so we can both feel good in your purchase.

Also, a little tip from having done a lot of testing on our engine dyno with a similar setup, go with a FAST intake manifold. We engine dyno tested the FAST and Super Victor both on the motor in our shop car. The Super Victor lost 30+ HP down low and only gained 5-6 HP up top even turning it to 7500 RPM compared to the FAST. That's on a motor with more compression and camshaft than what you are doing. I know it's more money than the Super Victor but it is going to make more usable power. Just a heads up for you.

Jon
Old 04-20-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I understand completely. We just want you to feel 100% confident in your purchase. It is a lot of money and the last thing I want is you to not be happy with them. If that were the case, absolutely we want them back so we can both feel good in your purchase.

Also, a little tip from having done a lot of testing on our engine dyno with a similar setup, go with a FAST intake manifold. We engine dyno tested the FAST and Super Victor both on the motor in our shop car. The Super Victor lost 30+ HP down low and only gained 5-6 HP up top even turning it to 7500 RPM compared to the FAST. That's on a motor with more compression and camshaft than what you are doing. I know it's more money than the Super Victor but it is going to make more usable power. Just a heads up for you.

Jon
Funny you mention cost... that is the reason why I went with the super vic over the fast... that was when money was a little tighter. I have since gotten a better paying more reliable job and if I am not happy with the results I may decide to change cam and intake. I wanna see what this setup will do first as it is almost complete but thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Really q16 is cause you bumped the compression??? sarcasm...my point was you market the heads for a street car with your drag race high compression track car...stay tuned for the results...what's your guess for his power...

as for reference mine car did 520rwhp locked on the same dyno last month...346 sbe, a4, 12 bolt 4.10 gears, 28" tall mt drag radials...

why has there never been a build thread on the track car, what are the specs on everything?

Daniel,

Jon Reynolds
Sales Manager
Old 04-20-2011, 03:20 PM
FormerVendor

LOL then you tell me what it is for? With 12.5:1 compression it is safer to run on race gas rather than pump gas. No one is hiding that. But I can tell you a point in compression isn't the reason that car runs as fast as it does. We could take the same heads we are sending to him setup for 11.5:1 on that motor and still run within a tenth or two, no problem.

What do you want for a build thread? It's a stock bottom end using parts we picked up off the floor, flycut pistons, PRC 227 CNC'd heads, TSP Custom 24x/24x cam, FAST 102. That's the same info. that we have put in every thread about the car. There's no tricks or anything that you keep reaching for or thinking there is... Like I said, come to the shop and check it out.

Congrats on the dyno numbers. If you have any other questions about our car, start a thread or PM me or even do a search on it. No need to keep posting all this crap in the OP thread.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

all i can say is the intake is going to kill the car. along with the elbow setup if that was my car it would have a 4150 t/b on it. Looks like Geoff speced the cam to a vic but that means he's is counting on you to spin it. but as jon said and from what i seen a fast 102 would still do better.
But like chris said i know of one other car running the prc's and is under the knife now. and if that car does not so well with track and dyno numbers then i am sold on the fact that the prc line is nothing but budget head. but we will see how the build turns out. the proof is in the pudding

we will see tho till then its all hear say

Rob
Old 04-20-2011, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Definetly looking forward to results from my build. Hopefully it doesnt dissapoint you boys too much!!!!

Quick Reply: **UPDATED**PRC 215's-EPS Cam-Super Victor setup on a 346