Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**UPDATED**PRC 215's-EPS Cam-Super Victor setup on a 346

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And thats all. Thats what i thought ??? wow well i will have my car at speed soon and with stock heads and eps cam the end of this month
Old 05-03-2011, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
And thats all. Thats what i thought ??? wow well i will have my car at speed soon and with stock heads and eps cam the end of this month

Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ryle

Its okay when my car was still a D/D it put down 436 rwhp and 388rwtq with a heavy nine and 3.5 moly drive shaft Stock untoched 243's and vindicator. fast 90/90 with out a cutout through a junk mufflex cat back. And it put down 436/388 on mike's dyno straightline. and i am more then sure that setup wouldput a car and half on yours and hold it.

Ditch the vic and get a fast 102 and i bet you gain atleast 12 across the graph.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its okay when my car was still a D/D it put down 436 rwhp and 388rwtq with a heavy nine and 3.5 moly drive shaft Stock untoched 243's and vindicator. fast 90/90 with out a cutout through a junk mufflex cat back. And it put down 436/388 on mike's dyno straightline. and i am more then sure that setup wouldput a car and half on yours and hold it.

Ditch the vic and get a fast 102 and i bet you gain atleast 12 across the graph.
Why are you comparing 6 speed dyno numbers with A4 dyno numbers?
Old 05-04-2011, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those #'s are damn impressive for a stalled 4l65e on a mustang dyno.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:25 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yall are cracking me up bagging on his MUSTANG dyno numbers through a stalled auto! That thing is going to run its @$$ off at the track!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Last edited by Sales2@Texas-speed; 05-04-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Yall are cracking me up bagging on his MUSTANG dyno numbers through a stalled auto! That thing is going to run its @$$ off at the track!
only because i have been on both Mustang and dyno jet dynos here and they are not far off all. so you can kick the whole dyno number smack talk out the window. and this was with **** poor headers 1 and3/4 slp's and no cut out.

Car makes good power and i am sure it will dyno better at the end of the summer after the green rings and motor seats and get's miles on it. I just like to see what's my best power per dollar and like get the most out of every thing. and alot of people on here just dont get the dry humor i dish out.

and i will be at the mfba track day so if you need help or want to talk about your setup feel free to ask me and chris have alot of good info.

Rob
Old 05-04-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

only because i have been on both Mustang and dyno jet dynos here and they are not far off all. so you can kick the whole dyno number smack talk out the window. and this was with **** poor headers 1 and3/4 slp's and no cut out.

Car makes good power and i am sure it will dyno better at the end of the summer after the green rings and motor seats and get's miles on it. I just like to see what's my best power per dollar and like get the most out of every thing. and alot of people on here just dont get the dry humor i dish out.

and i will be at the mfba track day so if you need help or want to talk about your setup feel free to ask me and chris have alot of good info.

Rob
Thanx for posting ur graph Rob.

So what you are showing me is that when you level the playing ground and run on the same dyno you are @ 429/386 which is 26 less HP and and 16 less TQ. Lets say ideal situation my numbers increase as much as yours on the Speed Inc Dyno, which would put me at 467/417. Then take into account the gain from the cutouts being open of 18 additional HP and I would be sitting at 485RWHP. Then take into account that you have a six speed car and mine is a stalled auto...

Looks like this pissing contest is over

And you said I wouldn't touch your Vindicator numbers...

Last edited by ryle; 05-04-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:39 PM
11 Second Club

Thanx for posting ur graph Rob.

So what you are telling me is that when you level the playing ground and run on the same dyno you are @ 429/386 which is 26 less HP and and 16 less TQ. Lets say ideal situation my numbers increase as much as yours on the Speed Inc Dyno, which would put me at 467/417. Then take into account the gain from the cutouts being open of 18 additional HP and I would be sitting at 485RWHP. Then take into account that you have a six speed car and mine is a stalled auto...

Looks like this pissing contest is over

And you said I wouldn't touch your Vindicator numbers...
the Mustang Dyno numbers for my car were done with a 1and 3/4 header and my old k&n and bad maf. I upgraded my maf and airbox to stock style kooks 1and7/8's headers and a cutout and made 455/402 my gain was all in the headers and cut out because on speeds dyno with the cutout close it only made 440/396. so like i said i am done dyno racing. Plus my ride is turning a very heavy bullet proof drive line. tank nine and semi drive shaft. so i feel its safe for me to say what i am turning in weight your loosing in your auto turning a baby rear.

Maybe its just me but I dont see how your going to hit 485 i say at most low 470 like chris said .
Old 05-04-2011, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the Mustang Dyno numbers for my car were done with a 1and 3/4 header and my old k&n and bad maf. I upgraded my maf and airbox to stock style kooks 1and7/8's headers and a cutout and made 455/402 my gain was all in the headers and cut out because on speeds dyno with the cutout close it only made 440/396. so like i said i am done dyno racing. Plus my ride is turning a very heavy bullet proof drive line. tank nine and semi drive shaft. so i feel its safe for me to say what i am turning in weight your loosing in your auto turning a baby rear.

Maybe its just me but I dont see how your going to hit 485 i say at most low 470 like chris said .
I can agree with the 470, which I would be happy with. My car isn't an all out race car. I still have A/C, all my bumper supports, Carpet, Leather interior, full dash, 2x12" subs in the rear and am on stock wheels.

That being said, just congratulate me on having a strong car and be done with it. Thank you and have a nice day
Old 05-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Both of you guys have good dyno numbers I hope my car can keep up with both of you Over all nice setup !
Old 05-04-2011, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wildcobra
Wow Both of you guys have good dyno numbers I hope my car can keep up with both of you Over all nice setup !
You told me you have the exact same setup as I do, You shouldn't have a problem making around 460RWHP on Speed Inc's dyno as long as your intake ducting and exhaust are squared away. Good Luck man! If you need any help let me know
Old 05-05-2011, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 141 Posts

nice numbers!! Im not sure what 98blueSS is comparing to... you have a stalled a4 he has a m6. If it was me I would tell him to take his dry humor and shove it where the sun don't shine!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
nice numbers!! Im not sure what 98blueSS is comparing to... you have a stalled a4 he has a m6. If it was me I would tell him to take his dry humor and shove it where the sun don't shine!
You guys make me laugh... what i am trying to get to is i find it shity that he spent alot of money on the heads he has for the power he got. thats all. I just feel bad for people that spend all that money for something that should performe better then it did.

Here this is what i mean this car still has LS6 intake stock injectors A4 stalled with some nothing crazy heads. Did his build cheap and made awesome power. very well done setup.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...l#post14872538

yea your car made good power but once again i am not impressed at all. Trick flow 220 ascast heads or even TEA LS6 2.0's would have got you where your are for cheaper and maybe even more power. but congrats on the setup
Old 05-06-2011, 08:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can agree with the 470, which I would be happy with. My car isn't an all out race car. I still have A/C, all my bumper supports, Carpet, Leather interior, full dash, 2x12" subs in the rear and am on stock wheels.

That being said, just congratulate me on having a strong car and be done with it. Thank you and have a nice day
damn I have been out of this one for a while...

all that stuff you listed has nothing to do with dyno numbers or how much power the car makes...

your stock 10 bolt and victor should help your dyno numbers...more than a 12 bolt and fast

congrats numbers are right inline, nothing earth shattering but not junk either...like I said before I have yet to be blown away by the 227/215 prc...way to many 500rwhp afr and TFS setups...congrats again maybe I will see you at the midwest Cordova or dyno day...

Last edited by chrs1313; 05-06-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 200 Likes on 141 Posts

You guys make me laugh... what i am trying to get to is i find it shity that he spent alot of money on the heads he has for the power he got. thats all. I just feel bad for people that spend all that money for something that should performe better then it did.

Here this is what i mean this car still has LS6 intake stock injectors A4 stalled with some nothing crazy heads. Did his build cheap and made awesome power. very well done setup.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...l#post14872538

yea your car made good power but once again i am not impressed at all. Trick flow 220 ascast heads or even TEA LS6 2.0's would have got you where your are for cheaper and maybe even more power. but congrats on the setup
ok ok I see where your coming from... but it seems your being a little harsh getting your point across! Its just a dyno number, lets see what it runs at the track! As chrs1313 said, the numbers are not earth shattering but not junk either imo. my previous post was suppose to come off with a bit of dry humor aswell, but on teh internet its easy to take things out of context,, know what I mean?
Old 05-06-2011, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrs1313
damn I have been out of this one for a while...

all that stuff you listed has nothing to do with dyno numbers or how much power the car makes...

your stock 10 bolt and victor should help your dyno numbers...more than a 12 bolt and fast

congrats numbers are right inline, nothing earth shattering but not junk either...like I said before I have yet to be blown away by the 227/215 prc...way to many 500rwhp afr and TFS setups...congrats again maybe I will see you at the midwest Cordova or dyno day...
I know that has nothing to do with Dyno numbers. That comment was directed to 98bluess when he was talking about putting a car and a half on mine which he probably would considering mine is a DD and from his pics his looks more race oriented.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't worry about these two guys man. Your car runs strong and makes good numbers. IMO, there still some on the table with some changes you could make with the combo. However, if you're happy then that's all that matters. I'm not sure why these guys are busting your *****. Anyone can go find plenty of cars in the dyno section with other heads making less power than what you're doing. If they want to compare ET's I know of a red car that has them covered by half a second!

Jon
Old 05-06-2011, 11:36 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree there's always a few guys that just need to talk crap. The difference between keyboard warriors & the guys that live and breath this stuff is we test parts rather than sit around reading online. Here @ TSP we actually test stuff rather than just make statements.

Here's a dyno sheet of a enging from last year that had a FAST 92mm intake & the super VIC intake side by side.

Notice how the Super Vic was completely dominated by the ported FAST 92mm. I'll test a 102mm one day, but right now I'm development testing the new aftermarket casting ls3.

404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 05-06-2011, 11:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
I agree there's always a few guys that just need to talk crap. The difference between keyboard warriors & the guys that live and breath this stuff is we test parts rather than sit around reading online. Here @ TSP we actually test stuff rather than just make statements.

Here's a dyno sheet of a enging from last year that had a FAST 92mm intake & the super VIC intake side by side.

Notice how the Super Vic was completely dominated by the ported FAST 92mm. I'll test a 102mm one day, but right now I'm development testing the new aftermarket casting ls3.

link to graph no worky forget that it just poped up

Quick Reply: **UPDATED**PRC 215's-EPS Cam-Super Victor setup on a 346