Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**UPDATED**PRC 215's-EPS Cam-Super Victor setup on a 346

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
I wouldn't worry about these two guys man. Your car runs strong and makes good numbers. IMO, there still some on the table with some changes you could make with the combo. However, if you're happy then that's all that matters. I'm not sure why these guys are busting your *****. Anyone can go find plenty of cars in the dyno section with other heads making less power than what you're doing. If they want to compare ET's I know of a red car that has them covered by half a second!

Jon
will you add weight and run on pump gas...why don't you throw a street car at me with those heads instead of your feather weight track car...

the whole reason I got going on the prc deal was becuase one of your guys said they are the best heads out in the market hands down(sales pitch in my eyes)...just a huge statement without backing it up with dyno results or ET against the other heads on the market (AFR, TFS)...yes your track car is running good but it has every single bell and whissle...no accessories, extrernal vacuum pump, very light raceweight, and 12:5-13:1 compression, on oxygenated q16...

again the OP has some good numbers but by no means hands down the best in the market...just inline with everything else...so my only beef was with the comment of hands down the best heads in the market...I just wanted to see proof to back that statement, not just a sales pitch to sell heads...and they might be the best on the market I would just like to see the proof, that isn't too much to ask for such a bold statement made by a sponsor...

Last edited by chrs1313; 05-06-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL I figured you'd cry shop car! That's about as fair of a comparison as the rest of the BS you two are rolling out though. Nothing is done to that car that you can't do to yours. If by bells and whistles you mean all bolt on suspension, STOCK bottom end, CNC ported heads, ect then yes it has all the bells and whistles. Haha it even has an external water pump! (They all are.) Maybe you mean electric, but you could buy the same one for your car as well. If you will go back two pages Joseph said it was Q13 on the fuel. I'll see about adding some weight for you but you have to run in the same DA we ran in.

I don't recall anyone here saying they were hands down the best on the market. Do we believe they are good and can run with most of the aftermarket cathedral heads out there? Yes. Does it come down to the setup they are used on? Of course. If you can actually find that post, send me a link and I will be happy to change it for you. If you have a "beef" with us over some post that's perfectly fine, but to keep posting negative crap in this guys thread says a lot about you.

Jon
Old 05-06-2011, 04:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL I figured you'd cry shop car! That's about as fair of a comparison as the rest of the BS you two are rolling out though. Nothing is done to that car that you can't do to yours. If by bells and whistles you mean all bolt on suspension, STOCK bottom end, CNC ported heads, ect then yes it has all the bells and whistles. Haha it even has an external water pump! (They all are.) Maybe you mean electric, but you could buy the same one for your car as well. If you will go back two pages Joseph said it was Q13 on the fuel. I'll see about adding some weight for you but you have to run in the same DA we ran in.

I don't recall anyone here saying they were hands down the best on the market. Do we believe they are good and can run with most of the aftermarket cathedral heads out there? Yes. Does it come down to the setup they are used on? Of course. If you can actually find that post, send me a link and I will be happy to change it for you. If you have a "beef" with us over some post that's perfectly fine, but to keep posting negative crap in this guys thread says a lot about you.

Jon
To bad that post has been removed.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What post are you talking about?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jon
Cry shop car??

Looks about the same as my engine bay and the OP's ...and i said vacuum pump not water pump...That serp belt looks way smaller than the one i got

You are right i am not trying to **** up his thread and i appologize for that but I hope he doesnt care about a good debate. You guys claim you test so much cause you have an engine dyno, but have never posted a comparision between heads...why? You show how your TSP 1 7/8 headers are superior over a set of 1 3/4 pacesetters...I guess i just want tech to get back to how it used to be with more results and tests, clear cut answer, take it for what it is worth...Just like your posted 102 results vs 90, everyone greatly appreciated it...

What post are you talking about?
The one where your shop claimed best heads on the market...I just wanted to see the proof, if they were better I might even switch my TFS's out...

hyjack off since the post is deleted, I won't **** up the thread anymore...again congrats on the numbers like I have said before they are very good...nowhere did I dog the heads or setup...sorry if it seemed that way...

Last edited by chrs1313; 05-06-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

You're right, TSP does as much engine dyno testing as possible - as time permits, even for other shops. It takes the variations in the car itself out of the equation for a very accurate A-B comparison. (variations: gearing, rotating mass weight, converter size, tire pressure, trans fluid temp, etc.)

When I was looking for the Vic Jr versus FAST 92mm graph earlier, I noticed there are probably about 600 engine dyno pull graphs. Although I have not been on the engine dyno for at least a month as I play catch-up with the customer install backlog that is full up until July now.

Most of the testing is for our own information (such as VVT), but we did post 5.7L cylinder head and camshaft dyno tests a few years ago (~2008) for everything TSP had then and some others... except the newer PRC castings which are much more recent. I don't have back to back PRC 215, 227, 237 head testing on the same dyno/same engine as it was performed in stages as our head porter finished each several months apart from the next. There are probably a few graphs on the TSP website, not sure though.

I have a few LSx R+D tests that I plan on posting on my own site, along with several how-to write-ups as I finish them. Each article is a lengthy process that takes about a week or two, my next few are a correct pushrod length how-to, "22x" LS1 camshaft dyno testing and maybe a truck blower install. I'm pretty sure I have given plenty of tech information out in written form in the past though.

Thanks for posting up one of my pics here.

Edit: That pic shows the straight off the dyno and into the car shot. I later installed a Meziere street water pump, not sure which one is better. Next time its on the track I'll probably go back to the smaller race pump, fab up a "cold" air inlet system, and test out the 102mm FAST or the 2-piece Cary intake. Whichever intake setup makes the most power will be used, which is why the Vic Jr was not on the car at the races in '09...

Last edited by -Joseph-; 05-06-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by ryle
You told me you have the exact same setup as I do, You shouldn't have a problem making around 460RWHP on Speed Inc's dyno as long as your intake ducting and exhaust are squared away. Good Luck man! If you need any help let me know
Thanks I might take you up on the help soon
Old 05-06-2011, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Joseph-
You're right, TSP does as much engine dyno testing as possible - as time permits, even for other shops. It takes the variations in the car itself out of the equation for a very accurate A-B comparison. (variations: gearing, rotating mass weight, converter size, tire pressure, trans fluid temp, etc.)

When I was looking for the Vic Jr versus FAST 92mm graph earlier, I noticed there are probably about 600 engine dyno pull graphs. Although I have not been on the engine dyno for at least a month as I play catch-up with the customer install backlog that is full up until July now.

Most of the testing is for our own information (such as VVT), but we did post 5.7L cylinder head and camshaft dyno tests a few years ago (~2008) for everything TSP had then and some others... except the newer PRC castings which are much more recent. I don't have back to back PRC 215, 227, 237 head testing on the same dyno/same engine as it was performed in stages as our head porter finished each several months apart from the next. There are probably a few graphs on the TSP website, not sure though.

I have a few LSx R+D tests that I plan on posting on my own site, along with several how-to write-ups as I finish them. Each article is a lengthy process that takes about a week or two, my next few are a correct pushrod length how-to, "22x" LS1 camshaft dyno testing and maybe a truck blower install. I'm pretty sure I have given plenty of tech information out in written form in the past though.

Thanks for posting up one of my pics here.

Edit: That pic shows the straight off the dyno and into the car shot. I later installed a Meziere street water pump, not sure which one is better. Next time its on the track I'll probably go back to the smaller race pump, fab up a "cold" air inlet system, and test out the 102mm FAST or the 2-piece Cary intake. Whichever intake setup makes the most power will be used, which is why the Vic Jr was not on the car at the races in '09...
very nice.... I would love to see a setup done of the prc 227 with a off the shelf 102 and then a proper ported to the heads 102 Not no mail order i took some slag off some spots port work) back to back with like a ms3 or even a old school trex on a 346 stock SBE. Because from what i have seen with the two 102 intakes i have seen is they are a great product out of the box off the shelf. I mean dont get me wrong it has its down sides but from what i have seen nothing but good..

and to bring me to my point I would love to see a stock fast 102 bolted to this setup and dynoed then slap on a ported 102.

Also i would love to also try and play with the runner's on the 102. And try and make a shorter set and see what it would do on a setup like this maybe even advance the cam if it made good power... its a 347 with good rod bolts.. why not try and see if you can break that 6800 rpm wall all the fast intakes have.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:31 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Sorry ryle!

Yes, I'd like to compare the current 92mm to the 102mm both stock and ported. It would be good data to judge which way to go with the TSP car next. We do hit a wall around 7000 with the 92mm and I'd like to carry it out to 7500, so that is a thing that needs to be fixed the next go-around.

Before the next race I'll put the same old engine back on the dyno to try and achieve more. It's getting to the point where there is not much left to do other than streamline what is already there. Between the '08 setup and the '09 setup there was only about 20rwhp gained, and that is a major success given the criteria to work with. I guess we'll see what the intakes do.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome read guys!!

I also hope Tech gets back to the way it used to be!

Ryle nice numbers, but I think you should of thrown a FAST 102 on that bad boy and you would of picked up more Hp and Tq on the lower side, and could of been close on the top end. I know they are FREAKING expensive ( reason why my car isint at straightline yet) but from what I've seen they have some pretty long runners! I've seen them in person.

Congrats on your numbers and hope it pays off at Cordova!!!
Post some numbers up ASAP! Have fun!
Old 05-08-2011, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Come on now boys cant we all get along. It wont be long and my PRC headed combo will be back together and help put some of this debate to rest. Mines a true street car, LOL. I can't wait to grab a lane with Rob and Chris!!!!! I think it will definetly be interesting!!!! Let the games begin!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Staging Lane

wow good thread
Old 08-05-2011, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Anybody here ever think about porting a supervic? Honestly, it'll walk all over a fast up top....

On a more serious note, those are pretty good numbers for an a4, regardless that car will haul ***. Hugger's car ran 9.87 with a 6.0 L and 450 rwhp A4 on a mustang dyno, same one I dyno'd on. There are alot of people who claim 500 rwhp, too many happy dyno's imo where the cars are trapping 122-124.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

I want to bring this back from the dead. OP do you have a dyno graph? In the youtube video, it's hard to see where the peaks were and what the overall shape of the graph was?
Old 01-16-2014, 10:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Not sure if this has been answered or not, but did you have to space the K-Member to get the fitment you did?

Quick Reply: **UPDATED**PRC 215's-EPS Cam-Super Victor setup on a 346