Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JPR HVLD S2 flow #'s 2nd opinion and PCM info

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 09:13 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VINCE

For those still waiting on motors.... Go find out what is going on. If you wait too long JPR will smoke your motors in his crack pipe.
Damn that must be one HUUUUUGE Crack Pipe!!!!
Old 03-22-2004, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly the drugs thing is a little out of line dont you think? Having something like this happen and having people pull stuff out of your shop is going to cost you money. I will try and contact Joe this week since I have decided I will pull my heads regardless and have them flowed by a local person here. If they flow low and Joe doesnt return may calls I will have this local person port a new set for me. If Joe contacts me I will send him the heads and see what he can do and give him a chance to fix the problem, if one exists with my heads.
You know ARE makes alot of peoples crap list a few years ago and now he comes back what 2 years later and people are "oh joy" welcome back thanks for making things right. Comp cams has a bad batch of spring but everybody still uses them. Patriot has an engine go on them and they leave the poor guy hanging saying sorry but we will give you a new set along with other problems creeping up (I commend the other shops that stepped in). At least JPR "and JD I believe" tried to make things right for Mike even though they couldnt reach an agreement. You have the same group of people for other shops making huge power while the rest of the customers make 400-420HP. Now I find out that the same package that I wanted back in the day (JS's) from JPR was a lie all along and now who knows how much of the cartek stuff was on the level.....You all suck.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah and hopefully i'll get the rest of the money he owes me but i have dibs on his money first

Jay
Old 03-22-2004, 11:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 9T9BlueTA
.....You all suck.
Now you are starting to see the big picture. The bright side is their are plenty of honest vendors over their to the right even some damn impressive ones. Keep me updated on your flow numbers. Do you also have the HVLD heads or do you have a regular stage 2 port? If you have the regular stage 2 port you may have gotten your heads before all the **** hit the fan and may be ok. If you got some HVLD's you may be in the same boat as me but at least you are checking your stuff out. You will have peace of mind. Just make sure you get them flowed on a 3.9 bore which is our 5.7 bore size and then also flow them on a 4.1 bore like JPR does and compare both numbers with what he quotes you.

The reason Vince mentions the drugs is because JPR acts so weird and he has told lies to both of us directly to our face knowing that we would find the truth one day. I mean come on,,,his hard drive is at the fbi for somebody spying on him so he cannot send me an email? I also wanted to give him a chance but he let me down once again by telling me that he would respond to my email about the correct flow numbers and getting them on a 3.9 inch bore. I then talk to him two hrs later and his hard drive is at the FBI lol. They probably seized it because he is the one being investigated.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:31 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My motor was on the up and up Joe and I just cheated alittle bit

As far as Cartek,The setup I had on my car that ran 11.14@122.98 was LEGIT
EG. Cartek S2X LS6 heads and a 224-580 cam so DONT accuse them of pulling any tricks 9T9,thats not right.

Cartek has repeatedly ran killer numbers and u know it...
I'm done I wish u all the very best...

JS
Old 03-23-2004, 06:41 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 9T9BlueTA
Honestly the drugs thing is a little out of line dont you think? You all suck.
I can understand your frustration. You have to understand ours. I have a very strange background bro. Born and raised in LA, Ca. Joined a gang in Jr. High. Being around drug addicts was a daily thing. After losing MANY friends I decided to get away from the gangs. I joined the Army. I spent 6 years in and accomplished the rank of SSG. While in I made another great accomplishment. I managed to somehow find the time to get an AS in Business Management. After two 3 year terms I decided not to re-enlist and try my luck in the real world. The first 5 years were rough, but I managed. Even with my military background and my degree I had a hard time landing a good job and when I did I was the last hired and the first laid off. With my NEVER QUIT attitude I picked up from Infantry training I trucked on. I ended up back in school and managed to get a AS in Physical Therapist Assistant. While going to school I worked at a DRUG TREATMENT CTR. You see where this is going? To speed this up. Balance Budget Act hit and the Physical Therapy world took a BIG hit. I did not want to lose my momentum so I went back to school again and got a BA in Business Management and Information Systems. All the while working 3 contract PT jobs and helping out in the evenings at the DRUG TREATMENT CTR. Right b4 I graduated I landed a job at AT&T and that is where I met Mike K. Anyway, my point is I have seen my share of drug addicts who try to hide their problem from the world. I know people can change because I have changed. I went from this angry child to this educated responsible adult. I know JPR has computer access. I am sure JPR is following this post. I know deep down inside he knows he has wronged people. Does he care? Who knows? Will JPR bounce back? Not if he does not follow the 12 steps of NA. This is

How it works
If you want what NA have to offer, and are willing to make the effort to get it, then you are ready to take certain steps. These are the principles that made NA recovery possible.

1. We admitted that we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

4. We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5. We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7. We humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

8. We made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11. We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

This sounds like a big order, and we can’t do it all at once. We didn’t become addicted in one day, so remember—easy does it.

The above is off of NA's website. JPR WE want you to focus on #8 and #9.

I am not joking guys. JPR has a problem.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:46 AM
TECH Resident

I have the HVLD, they were installed in October of 2003.
JS Cartek has wasted my time and tested my patience so its not like I never gave them a chance I gave them 3 and will never go back again. I have never affiliated myself with just one shop and I never will unless I actually find a place that does go the extra mile and does care about its customers.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JS
Joe and I did the cam sneek together,We said it was 216-216 but it really was a 218-224
I wont let Joe take the hit for that one,It was my idea....
That's not a good thing to do man...

People based their buying decisions in part because of your numbers...
Old 03-23-2004, 08:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Question Drugs?

I often wondered if JPR was on drugs, Vince.

Let's look at the facts:

1.) He seems to disappear off the face of the earth from time to time- doesn't return e-mails, phone calls, or post on bulletin boards like this one.
2.) Never seems to have any money despite large deposits coming in from customers.
3.) Lots of lies, excuses, problems, rarely (if ever) meets deadlines.
4.) Behavior seems manic at time- read his posts, they ramble out of control at times- people who have talked to him in person will know what I am talking about, too.
5.) Is frequently sick- anybody else notice how often he has a cold or other physical ailment?
6.) Relationships with many people have been badly damaged or completely severed due to Joe's behavior.

Get some help, Joe. Before its too late.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know this has been speculation, but isnt discussion what may or not be personally wrong with him a little much? I think the point has been made earlier in the thread to watch out for Joe without speculating on why he has done these things. I remember the same things were said about Hennesey on the Viper forums, and personally, i think its all in very bad taste.

Leave the speculation and borderline personal attacks off the forum - what was needed to be said has already been said.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BADSS
I often wondered if JPR was on drugs, Vince.

Let's look at the facts:

1.) He seems to disappear off the face of the earth from time to time- doesn't return e-mails, phone calls, or post on bulletin boards like this one.
2.) Never seems to have any money despite large deposits coming in from customers.
3.) Lots of lies, excuses, problems, rarely (if ever) meets deadlines.
4.) Behavior seems manic at time- read his posts, they ramble out of control at times- people who have talked to him in person will know what I am talking about, too.
5.) Is frequently sick- anybody else notice how often he has a cold or other physical ailment?
6.) Relationships with many people have been badly damaged or completely severed due to Joe's behavior.

Get some help, Joe. Before its too late.
Exactly!
Old 03-23-2004, 09:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

01 SS Jay- Maybe your right- maybe the speculation about his personal problems is "in poor taste." But you know what else is in poor taste?

RIPPING PEOPLE OFF! COMMITTING FRAUD! Isn't it fraud, or at least false advertising, when a product does not perform anywhere near what the seller says it will? Look at the advertised flow numbers for the JPR heads, and then compare to the independent flow tests that have been performed- NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Jay, you might feel differently if you had been personally ripped off by JPR, and now felt you had no recourse to get your money back.

IMO, personal problems become a public issue when they start affecting the product the customers receive.

I personally do not care what people do on their own time (within reason, of course) as long as it does not affect their job performance.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:28 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,185 Likes on 766 Posts

Speculating on someone's personal situation is not appropriate here, this is a technical forum.

I do agree that this guy Mike K. has a set of junk heads. I know where he got the first flow test done and the numbers were subpar.

About the only thing that would make this situation right is for this guy to receive a refund or a better set of heads.

One of the most unprofessional things anyone can ever do is use personal problems as a reason for the non-delivery of services or products. I have zero tolerance for stories. In the end, if a company of any kind takes my money, I need to get what I paid for or we will have problems. When I order anything anywhere I just want what I ordered delivered to me within the timeline that was discussed.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
About the only thing that would make this situation right is for this guy to receive a refund or a better set of heads.

One of the most unprofessional things anyone can ever do is use personal problems as a reason for the non-delivery of services or products. I have zero tolerance for stories. In the end, if a company of any kind takes my money, I need to get what I paid for or we will have problems. When I order anything anywhere I just want what I ordered delivered to me within the timeline that was discussed.
I agree 150%. Forget the excuses and either refund the money or give him a new set of heads. End of story
Old 03-23-2004, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

BADSS

Im not arguing the intent of the post. This has been a very factual, informative post. Like I said, he got the point across without speculating as to his personal problems - every now knows he's a crook.

As far as your assertion that personal problems become a public issue when it affects the customers, well, on that, we can agree to disagree.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:07 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Chris lets not get God like on me buddy...
It doesnt fit your persona

I did what I did,it was wrong and I said I was wrong.
I havent pulled any punches since then and have looked at my actions.

As a far a 12 step program I have been STRAIGHT for 11.5YRS and I KNOW 1st hand what addiction can do to u.I can tell u cars,food,spending,gambling can be just as a bad if your not careful and it can send u to the bowel of hell or worse,death.

Addiction is addiction,Its incedious and cunning and its very patient.I struggle with the steps even though I try and work them in my life everyday.I ask GOD for help everyday and try and the very best person I can but I fall short.I was told way back in 92 the MOST IMPORTANT thing is to stay straight and continue to work on yourself.

IF,I REPEAT IF Joe is having problems (I never saw anything weird from Joe other than taking on more than he could handle)I would be glad to take him to mettings even if were not on speaking terms.I would help anyone if they asked for help as I still go to meetings 3 days a week.

JS
Never claimed to be a saint...
Old 03-23-2004, 12:10 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,185 Likes on 766 Posts

Taking this opportunity to tell us you guys fudged on cam specs at one point is great... thanks for sharing. (sarcasm)
Old 03-23-2004, 12:13 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Lets face it John,I'm not the only one that did it on here.
I just admitted it....

Then again I mustve gained 50RW from saying my cam was a 216-216 when at the time it was really a 218-224

Get real,Maybe 5RW difference at best...

But I deserve it..
Go ahead----->Break my ***** guys
Old 03-23-2004, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

What is the difference between a 216/216 cam and a 218/224 cam?

My guess would be 5-10 RWHP, max. Not that big of a deal, but the principle is a BIG DEAL. Once again, it calls JPR's credibility into question. What else has he lied about?

Joe had a GREAT stage 1 program going when he first broke into the LS1 scene, good HP and track results with stage 1 heads and small, conservative cams. Very reasonable prices, too.

What happened to him when he decided to develop a stage 2 package? I wish I knew.

I know he does (or used to do) LT1 stuff, too. I would love to hear how his LT1 packages have worked out for those customers.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:22 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Again it was MY IDEA about the cam.I'll take the hit on that one,Joe wasnt really in on that one until I told him.I was WAY WRONG doing that and I wont ever do something like that again.I wont blame Joe for something that I DID..