Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New cams from Tick Performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Damn that thing is still going strong that is for sure! Remember what I said about what push rod I thought it needed, but they said otherwise? Maybe we can try a different length push rod and see what happens. You know our number boy give us a call!!!
yeah man, I wish they would have gone with what you said. I PM's the video to Jonathan when i got back in town. He wants me to bring the car in so he can fix the tune. when i get a chance. I might also get you guys to put the fuel pump in too. I dont feel like messing with it...lol

Originally Posted by Yun Gunz
Tune tomorrow, now I'm getting edgy.

well? huh huh? dont keep us waiting.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Torque looks good. Peaks out at 5800. Dyno Dynamics-340hp/335tq. All and all the car runs good on the dyno. Getting an alignment in the morning and can get better feel. Needs to be driven since the hydraulics were messed with and brakes are brand new so. Graph be up when I get it.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Torque looks good. Peaks out at 5800. Dyno Dynamics-340hp/335tq. All and all the car runs good on the dyno. Getting an alignment in the morning and can get better feel. Needs to be driven since the hydraulics were messed with and brakes are brand new so. Graph be up when I get it.
Those freaking dyno dynamics dyno's are heart breakers!!!!! Was it ever dyno'd on James dyno with the old camshaft?
Old 04-09-2013, 04:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Unfortunately no. Sometime this Spring my old man(his H/C/I/E '03 ZO6) and me plan on maybe going to another dyno to have an idea. No doubt it is a different car for sure. Really surprised though it peaked at 5800. It didn't want to go anymore than that. Played with lean and rich, and my car wanted more fuel and timing lol. Runs like a scolded ape. Now granted my hydraulics were disconnected and brakes are brand new, it is a little harder to drive for the time being. Air is working its way out of the hydraulics and getting a better pedal making it easier. From 2500 I think it was to mid 4000 that TQ curve was there. I'll post the graph once he has a chance to email it to me. I seen it so I don't care but like to atleast show you Martin.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:09 PM
FormerVendor

Unfortunately no. Sometime this Spring my old man(his H/C/I/E '03 ZO6) and me plan on maybe going to another dyno to have an idea. No doubt it is a different car for sure. Really surprised though it peaked at 5800. It didn't want to go anymore than that. Played with lean and rich, and my car wanted more fuel and timing lol. Runs like a scolded ape. Now granted my hydraulics were disconnected and brakes are brand new, it is a little harder to drive for the time being. Air is working its way out of the hydraulics and getting a better pedal making it easier. From 2500 I think it was to mid 4000 that TQ curve was there. I'll post the graph once he has a chance to email it to me. I seen it so I don't care but like to atleast show you Martin.
I'm surprised it peaked at 5800rpm as well. It seems that the loaded dyno's like James DD make the engine peak sooner due to load placed on the drive-train. Most of these set-ups have been peaking around 6200rpm.

Valve train noise?
Old 04-09-2013, 08:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

on the motor side it is smooth and quiet, I still have a little sewing machine it sounds like on the exhaust side. It is noticeable but nothing extreme. Guess you have to know what you are looking for, a few ppl have yet to notice it. Guess since it my car I can tell. The old setup was 6 years old so I knew it in and out. But like I said on the phone, it sounds like it is just resonating with my cheapo headers and y pipe. I am happy with it so far. Not sure if James will chime in about or not, told him about the thread, he might.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wondering what lobes are on that cam
Old 04-10-2013, 02:06 PM
FormerVendor

on the motor side it is smooth and quiet, I still have a little sewing machine it sounds like on the exhaust side. It is noticeable but nothing extreme. Guess you have to know what you are looking for, a few ppl have yet to notice it. Guess since it my car I can tell. The old setup was 6 years old so I knew it in and out. But like I said on the phone, it sounds like it is just resonating with my cheapo headers and y pipe. I am happy with it so far. Not sure if James will chime in about or not, told him about the thread, he might.
Awesome, I'm glad you are enjoying the new camshaft.
Originally Posted by Bobby G
Wondering what lobes are on that cam
Shoot me a PM and I can probably help you out there.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just keeps pulling. 2nd dont seem to last long. Runs solid and happy, still have other issues with leaking trans and pulley squeal(idler and Katech tensioner I think are at their limit. Over 6+ yrs old.)
Old 04-14-2013, 10:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dyno Dynamics... lol Martin knows what I'm talking about.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have yet to hear any LS1 that doesn't sound like a sewing machine!

I placed my order for the SNS Stage 2 cam package last night! After reading this thread I am excited! It will be a fun summer
Old 04-15-2013, 04:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Exeodus

I placed my order for the SNS Stage 2 cam package last night! After reading this thread I am excited! It will be a fun summer
Awesome!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Exeodus

Must of never had a baby dick size cam lol
Old 04-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Teching In

What springs are you guys running with the sns stage 2
Old 04-16-2013, 07:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

im using .650 springs that came with my heads.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stroked383HSR
im using .650 springs that came with my heads.
X2, my last set was just a beehive so now they are dual springs.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Yun Gunz, I dont know know if I missed it but do you have an idle video of your new setup?
Old 04-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Staging Lane

I think I'm going to call and see about placing an order here in just a few min... I do want to talk to someone before making a decision.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ehh, I do but it crappy. It was untuned and running rough. I need a new one. May try to do one later. My Optima is being a Pain in the *** and not holding charge. Just left me stranded at Sams club lol. So when I go to swap it here in a few after I relax I'll take the point and shoot camera.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ehh, I do but it crappy. It was untuned and running rough. I need a new one. May try to do one later. My Optima is being a Pain in the *** and not holding charge. Just left me stranded at Sams club lol. So when I go to swap it here in a few after I relax I'll take the point and shoot camera.
I feel your pain....Ive had 2 red tops and they both died at the 3 year mark. No pro rate or anything after that.... I was lucky to get the first one replaced for free but the 2nd I missed by 2 months...so i said screw it and got a 7 yrs Advance battery.

But Im now thinking of getting a yellow top and try it out.

Quick Reply: New cams from Tick Performance