Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advanced Induction unresponsive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With my dogbox transmission builder, I gave him %50 down, he collected all the parts and built the transmission. When I sent him the final payment, BAM, it shipped out. Isn't that how it is supposed to go?

If someone doesn't send the final payment, the company has the down payment money, and the parts.... right??
Old 02-09-2013, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah that's a long time to have to wait. They must be crazy busy. I agree I would think with the down payment they would start the work then when you paid it off it should be shipped out thts they way I would think it would go.

What's the set up you are going to have?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ds98formula
Yeah that's a long time to have to wait. They must be crazy busy. I agree I would think with the down payment they would start the work then when you paid it off it should be shipped out thts they way I would think it would go.

What's the set up you are going to have?

If it ever shows up,

Ai 218ccCNC GM 5.3L Cylinder Head Package:
GM's 5.3L LS1 head casting is one of the most commonly available GM castings out there. At only 15cc over
stock volume this particular port sees gains of over 50cfm on the intake utilizing a factory GM 2.00" valve.
Typical gains over an as-cast 241 are in the 35-45rwhp range on a stock 346cid short block.
Package Includes:
- New GM 12578925 Castings Not Imported Copies
- Manley RaceFlo SS Valves 11360 2.000" Intake/11361 1.550" Exhaust
- BTR Dual Spring Kit - .650" Capable w/ Titanium Retainers
- 100% CNC Ported Intake/Exhaust/Chambers
- 100% CNC Competition Valvejob
- PCD Milled to Desired Chamber Volume

-Ai Custom HR Cam Billet Core With Ai CamPro QC Document
-Hardened 4130CrMoly 1pc Racing Pushrod 5/16" x .080 Wall x 7.xxx (3/8" Req. Machining Clearance)
-GM 12589226 LS1/LS6 5.7L Head Gasket (1998-2004) 3.920 max bore .051 Thk Compressed
-ARP 134-3609 LS Head Bolt Kit 1998-2003 Model Yrs
-CompCams 15956-16 Limited Travel Tie Bar LS Racing Hydraulic Roller Lifters
-13702-Kit LS Roller Bearing Trunion Kit + Installation in customer supplied rockers

Should be good, everyone else seems to think it will be, again, if in a couple weeks he isn't still waiting to get a cam a month after I paid fully.

Don't have a clue what size cam I am getting, but I guess it isn't normal.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

They didnt give you cam size numbers? That's weird.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ds98formula
They didnt give you cam size numbers? That's weird.
I think you have to pay an extra fee to get your parts in less than a month or any information like cam specs. Wouldn't want me to get a cam somewhere else in 1/4 the time.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 883 Likes on 629 Posts

Alot of companies don't publish their numbers. Some have proprietary lobes/designs. I think some of the secrecy is legit and some of it's hype, but it is what it is.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

They didn't give you specs? That's the first I've ever heard of that.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Alot of companies don't publish their numbers. Some have proprietary lobes/designs. I think some of the secrecy is legit and some of it's hype, but it is what it is.
Yeah, they talk about all the myths on their website.

http://advancedinduction.com/LSX/AiLSxBilletCams.php

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
They didn't give you specs? That's the first I've ever heard of that.
Nope, it looks like they might not have known what they were going to give me or something. I don't really understand why it took 3+ WEEKS to order the cam AFTER final payment, not like I sneaked up on them with a big crazy order out of nowhere... Doesn't look like he is even sure it's on its way to him for quality check yet.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Just be patient. Good work takes time, and this is not KFC drive-through
Old 02-10-2013, 07:06 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Just be patient. Good work takes time, and this is not KFC drive-through
Indeed. I've yet to see someone NOT happy with AI anything.

And it's not uncommon at all for you to not get specs on a cam, especially if the lobes are proprietary. Like mine from Ed. I got the @.050 #'s and that's it.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Sounds about right from AI. I wouldnt give them my business if they were the last head porters on earth. In a nutshell...Phil is a POS and if you see this Phil, up yours.
You got the original thread deleted because your a paying sponsor but looks like you didnt get out of this one yet.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-s...-my-heads.html
Old 02-10-2013, 07:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Indeed. I've yet to see someone NOT happy with AI anything.

And it's not uncommon at all for you to not get specs on a cam, especially if the lobes are proprietary. Like mine from Ed. I got the @.050 #'s and that's it.
Really? Yea thats because they get the bad stuff about them deleted. Your a mod, you should be able to look at my old thread about me and another sellers thread where AI f-ed up. Of course they got it deleted. Just like they will probably have this deleted.

This is why I went with TEA and I couldnt be happier. Screw AI.
Take care...
Old 02-10-2013, 08:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
Really? Yea thats because they get the bad stuff about them deleted. Your a mod, you should be able to look at my old thread about me and another sellers thread where AI f-ed up. Of course they got it deleted. Just like they will probably have this deleted.

This is why I went with TEA and I couldnt be happier. Screw AI.
Take care...
I know you, the dude you bought heads from, and the OP seem to be having some problems but the results do speak for themselves Joe. Theres no way AI dyno result threads get screened when they dont make power.. From an outsider looking in, you ran the risk when getting used heads plain and simple. AI wasnt exactly right in their stance but it all worked out in the end didnt it?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:58 AM
The Scammer Hammer

senical I remember the thread clear as day. It wasn't deleted to hide anything. It was deleted b/c it no longer served it's purpose. At all.

My comment was directed at the results of the heads themselves, not someone having customer service issues with used heads that couldn't be worked, and needing to pay for AI's time and expense to tell you such.

Let's go back to arguing about ram air....
Old 02-10-2013, 09:05 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mac62989
I know you, the dude you bought heads from, and the OP seem to be having some problems but the results do speak for themselves Joe. Theres no way AI dyno result threads get screened when they dont make power.. From an outsider looking in, you ran the risk when getting used heads plain and simple. AI wasnt exactly right in their stance but it all worked out in the end didnt it?
Wow. You just dont get the picture. Did I say they did bad work or anything about product? They do fine with product. I was simply weighing in on my experience with them. You or anyone else will not get the picture because you didnt have the emails in your maibox, they did not have YOUR money, they didnt try to get in the middle of YOUR deal with anyone else (trying to make money), YOU didnt get charged on thier invoice for "2 pictures/emails", YOU dont have the timelines where everything happened, Phil didnt call YOU a liar... ect ect ect
Go ahead. Stick up for the big sponsor all you want. I expected it. I expect others to as well. People will continue to suck the sponsors *** until it happens to them!
All I know is if YOU where in my shoes when this happened you would understand and have the same viewpoint.
I posted my experience now have fun.....
Old 02-10-2013, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
senical I remember the thread clear as day. It wasn't deleted to hide anything. It was deleted b/c it no longer served it's purpose. At all.

My comment was directed at the results of the heads themselves, not someone having customer service issues with used heads that couldn't be worked, and needing to pay for AI's time and expense to tell you such.

Let's go back to arguing about ram air....

LOL ssra FTW!
I'll agree to disagree. With you saying you dont know of 1 person who is not happy with them, that gives the wrong impression to people looking for opinions. Deleting the thread hides the fact that AI is shady and it hid what I had to say leading to everyone saying "oh ai is great iv never heard anything bad" ha!
No no no. HAHAHA this is what im talking about. You dont have the whole picture because it did not happen to YOU.

I really didnt care to get into this like we are. I simply wanted to POST MY EXPERIENCE AND BE DONE.

Does AI do good work? Yes
Would I give them my business? Hell no

Take care...
Old 02-10-2013, 09:28 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Sent you a PM, Joe.

I agree, let's not muck OP's thread anymore than we have.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
Wow. You just dont get the picture. Did I say they did bad work or anything about product? They do fine with product. I was simply weighing in on my experience with them. You or anyone else will not get the picture because you didnt have the emails in your maibox, they did not have YOUR money, they didnt try to get in the middle of YOUR deal with anyone else (trying to make money), YOU didnt get charged on thier invoice for "2 pictures/emails", YOU dont have the timelines where everything happened, Phil didnt call YOU a liar... ect ect ect
Go ahead. Stick up for the big sponsor all you want. I expected it. I expect others to as well. People will continue to suck the sponsors *** until it happens to them!
All I know is if YOU where in my shoes when this happened you would understand and have the same viewpoint.
I posted my experience now have fun.....
Where are those emails, perhaps put them constructively in the sponsor feedback section for the rest to read without detracting from this thread farther. I'm sure many would be interested in reading those.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 AM
The Scammer Hammer

We'll keep it on topic after this post, but it was there. All 7 pages of it. It turned into a complete cluster **** of biblical proportions. You had naysayers on one side and nut swingers on the other. It's constructiveness went out the window quick.

Anyways, best of luck OP. I know it sucks, and you and others may be turned off in the future, but you picked one of the best stock casting head porters in the country. I'm sure everything will come to light come tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Sending in parts to any vendor to be worked makes me cringe. One mix up and you'll be screwed or at least severely inconvenienced and set back in schedule quite a bit. I don't like that chance. In this case there was none of that involved, but still the company is built around that principle and that worries me.

Quick Reply: Advanced Induction unresponsive?