Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advanced Induction unresponsive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

a thread got deleted, with something neg happens with a vendor truth or not. And somones cheap *** heads and cam didn't make good power, that never happens.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by studderin
a thread got deleted, with something neg happens with a vendor truth or not. And somones cheap *** heads and cam didn't make good power, that never happens.
I'm not sure what this is all about completely but it worries me a little.

Update: I sent them an e-mail last night that said this.

"Hello Phil and or Ron,

Yes, please ship out whatever you have ready Monday.

At this point I am tired of being lied to and having "wrap up dates" pushed back repeatedly. I am worried I might possibly be getting scammed at this point and would like to get some of the products in my hands to end the completely useless loans I gave you 2 months, and 3 weeks ago.

I am very disappointed how this has turned out. With all the the great reviews I have read I feel like I have been singled out for this unacceptable lack of service.

I have been more than patient throughout this whole process."

Now if threads are being deleted pertaining to their poor customer service that would explain why I feel singled out. I assume this one will be deleted soon also and more people will unknowingly give them loans for nothing. That will be a shame.

I will keep this thread updated if I receive tracking numbers and products if/as they arrive. At this point I think I would take a refund and take my business to someone that doesn't take 3+ weeks to simply order a cam.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I work for a small business. One thing that is very important is to always communicate with the client, even if you are behind and things are delayed. You have to assure them that everything is still good. Both the client and business will benefit from the communication.

Answering as many emails first thing in the morning works well and before leaving for the day.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
Sending in parts to any vendor to be worked makes me cringe. One mix up and you'll be screwed or at least severely inconvenienced and set back in schedule quite a bit. I don't like that chance. In this case there was none of that involved, but still the company is built around that principle and that worries me.
I could tell you a story along these lines, but this thread seems have already degenerated enough...
Old 02-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Im glad i was able to buy ai heads from a member. They are great and i would not be happy with lack of communication but i think you will be happy when you get them which you will.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Launching!

Im with you senical same thing happend to me with a sponser. Everyone sucked his *** . He was nothing like everyone said. I will never believe what i read it is bs. I think to many of these guys forget what got them where they are and have inflated heads. Not all just.some
Old 02-10-2013, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This whole thread is ridiculous. Everyone needs to take a breath and relax. Phil is not going to screw you for $3200. Communication can be very tough when things get busy. Listening to anyone who hasn't dealt with Ai or who has crazy bias because they create drama, is pointless.

Sit back and take a breath. Enjoy your quality parts when they come. The angst of waiting will quickly be forgotten when your toys arrive (like Christmas morning as a child).

Best of luck and I can't wait to see your results!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:10 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by S10xGN
I could tell you a story along these lines, but this thread seems have already degenerated enough...
I believe it. That's part of what makes the decision so hard on what to buy. On one hand, the performance of the part is important, but on the other, the part has to come from a company with great customer service. Sometimes, that's worth more than the performance or even worth it to overpay...
Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tireburnin
This whole thread is ridiculous. Everyone needs to take a breath and relax. Phil is not going to screw you for $3200. Communication can be very tough when things get busy. Listening to anyone who hasn't dealt with Ai or who has crazy bias because they create drama, is pointless.

Sit back and take a breath. Enjoy your quality parts when they come. The angst of waiting will quickly be forgotten when your toys arrive (like Christmas morning as a child).

That is easy to say when it isn't your $3,200 and month of stress waiting. How long is too long to sit back and relax? I have waited patently for 27 days now after full payment. How is it OK to you to MAYBE have the cam coming to him after this long?

Final payment on the 16th: Order cam that week? Nope.
Order cam the whole next week? Nope.
Order cam the whole next NEXT week? Nope.
Order cam the whole next NEXT NEXT week? Maybe? He doesn't even know if it's on it's way to him.

When is it OK to get upset? He has had the 50% deposit for a ridiculously long time. If a cam takes so long to get, why wasn't it ordered with my $1600 deposit? Seems kinda common sense? The ball has been dropped, I am interested to see how they pick it up at this point.

Honestly I wasn't even upset until I made the timeline and noticed how long it really has been. Then reading all the PMs I have been getting from other people having similar experiences has got me very concerned.

As for results, I'm not going to for a max power build in any way shape or form. I just wanted some upgraded heads, a cam, and a super stable valve train setup. I pretty much gave him full control over what I should get, I let him be my trusted advisor for everything I needed. I feel a little betrayed now knowing that I could have had the $1600 in my pocket that whole time.

If I receive the parts however I do plan on doing many before, after, ls1 intake, ls6 intake, LSXR intake, and then LSXRT intake. (LSXRT will fit in my car.)

We will see I guess.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 883 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by Tireburnin

A lot of people thought that about Josh@ KYTP or whatever the hell it was. I think "maybe" people are being more cautious.

However there will be a "squirrel" out there that will post that he hasn't received a response back from a sponsor in 20 minutes or something ridiculous like that.

I think the OP is trying to make sure things are on the up and up. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by tweakgames
That is easy to say when it isn't your $3,200 and month of stress waiting. How long is too long to sit back and relax? I have waited patently for 27 days now after full payment. How is it OK to you to MAYBE have the cam coming to him after this long?

Order cam the whole next NEXT NEXT week? Maybe? He doesn't even know if it's on it's way to him.

When is it OK to get upset? He has had the 50% deposit for a ridiculously long time. If a cam takes so long to get, why wasn't it ordered with my $1600 deposit? Seems kinda common sense? The ball has been dropped, I am interested to see how they pick it up at this point.

Honestly I wasn't even upset until I made the timeline and noticed how long it really has been. Then reading all the PMs I have been getting from other people having similar experiences has got me very concerned.

As for results, I'm not going to for a max power build in any way shape or form. I just wanted some upgraded heads, a cam, and a super stable valve train setup. I pretty much gave him full control over what I should get, I let him be my trusted advisor for everything I needed. I feel a little betrayed now knowing that I could have had the $1600 in my pocket that whole time.

If I receive the parts however I do plan on doing many before, after, ls1 intake, ls6 intake, LSXR intake, and then LSXRT intake. (LSXRT will fit in my car.)

We will see I guess.
Pretty cut and dry and I'd be very upset as well. Businesses should always set the standard from the get go and under promise and over deliver.

This here is just ridiculous, I don't see how anyone can tell the OP to not be upset. A week is understandable, two weeks is pushing it and anything beyond that is horrible.

If you can't keep up with business maybe it is time to assess your business and hire some help.

I know if I pay for a product I expect it to arrive in a timely manner. If you have no problem accepting funds for a product then you need to get it sent out quickly.

I had a similar problem with DMH and it took them forever to send out my cutout...
Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We will see I guess.

Look at my signature and consider how much more I spent with that company than you have currently spent. Also consider that my current build is NOT the first time I worked with Ai.

I'm not saying that your wait is appropriate or that you shouldn't get concerned with a long wait, but keep in mind that sometimes things are out of ones control. Parts can be back ordered, shipping delays, holiday delays, weather delays, they all add up.

A 50% deposit couldn't possibly cover all of the input costs and thus some must be purchased with the last half of your money. They aren't possibly making 50% profit when you consider how many of the parts are from other manufacturers. None of this justifies the delay, but a communication issue is at the heart of your dissatisfaction and not the company, its products, or anything else. Perhaps there was a delay or miscomunicaiton in ordering from the outside supplier or something? Or maybe they have just been very busy and your emails were accidentally overlooked?

Regardless of the reasons for the delay, I'm only suggesting that you consider what you are fostering by making a post accusing a company of scamming you. I'm only suggesting that you look at the situation a bit more objectively before you fall in line with people who are stirring the pot for their own personal reasons unrelated to your situation.

As for your results, follow the advice you are given and pay attention to the details and the results will follow. Phil has no reason to lead you astray and all of my builds have made great power by simply following directions and paying attention to detail. There are many ways to get to the end result, but following the advice of a person who has put together hundreds of parts builds.

Last edited by Tireburnin; 02-11-2013 at 12:50 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:59 AM
On The Tree

Just to be clear, I never accused them of scamming me, said, "I am scared he is scamming me", and I am. Race season is coming up pretty quick now, I need to get some solid ETAs, "next next next next next next weeks we will wrap it up" is starting to get old and stressful.

I am glad you able to spend a lot of money on your car, congrats. If you want to give me some money I will gladly send you my paypal address. Maybe I need to spend more then $3200 to get reasonable service, but that seems kind of silly. Maybe my transmission builder is an exception, but he gave me status updates along the way. Found the gears, obtained the gears, transmission is build, waiting on shipping box, acquired shipping box, shipped out.

I don't believe your weather, holidays (MLK and superbowl?), spousal abuse, excuses work in this situation. The cam was simply not ordered for 3 weeks after payment, and he still doesn't know where it is. I feel like they would have a cam ordering process pretty streamlined by now, pick up phone, order cam? Maybe turn on computer, type email, order cam? I mean, I haven't seen any mass LS1 cam shortages posted on the forum, and it seems like everyone else and their uncle's monkey are able to order cams?

Anyways, I'm not going to put any more stress into this until I get a response from them hopefully tomorrow. We will see how it goes.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Well I think point is made, I say that is enough
Old 02-11-2013, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z

Well I think point is made, I say that is enough
This isn't a thread to make a point, I am looking for assistance and help in this situation. I have been getting a wide range of responses from, "This is custom car parts, be lucky you get anything, ever." to "this is crazy." From the start I was unsure if this was the correct location to post this, but if this is the wrong place to get assistance on the situation I am unfamiliar with, please move it.

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Two months is a long time to wait for heads and cam. If they have accepted payment in full they should be laying it out to the OP exactly where his parts are and bending over backwards to get his order complete. $3200 is a lot of money to spend and get lousey customer service. There are too many quality suppliers out there competing for business to let a customer hang like this. Were I the OP I would have gotten my money back the instant I was told that my cam had not been ordered. I can only surmise at this point the OP has not done that now becuase it is too late to begin the process over with a different supplier.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1/22/2013 IPN*Michael P KI/PAYMENT $1,583.54

Above is the date your final payment posted to my account. On 1/25 you asked for an update, and I replied as follows on 1/28:

Michael,
Ron was unaware I did not have the cam inbound, and that you were getting something one off vs. the common grinds I keep on the shelf to ensure things stay together on the limiter. W/ the deposit I set all components etc. aside – work that is paid in full is done before work where guys send in a deposit. Will advise on cam schedule tomorrow once I get a ship date. I anticipate ~5days until I have a cam in hand to QC, at which point you’ll have 4-5days shipping typically. Will email w/ update; thanks!

-phil

2/6: You requested an update
2/8: You start looking for attention online
2/8: Replied as follows:

Mike,
The cam is in an order that I’m told shipped this week. Heads are done, intended to ship complete after I could QC the cam. I can send heads and the rest of the parts later if you like. Sorry to make you wait, but the schedule is where if you make a deposit, I set the parts etc. aside for the job and do basic work. When the balance is paid the job is scheduled ASAP based on paid in full date, and any custom part for the job is ordered (typically a cam or rocker system). Normally I am able to do finish work in a week or two at that point, and cams tend to take a couple weeks to get in hand. It can be a couple days before I am able to QC it since I measure every cam including duplicates. Let me know if you want me to send just the heads Monday, and I will measure the cam as soon as it shows up. Thanks!

-phil

I assume resolving this publically is OK with you. I certainly understand your frustration at my response time since it is rarely immediate as I do not have a CS/Sales team to handle that. That is something we will have to address to keep pace w/ growth. However, it is not as if this has gone on and you've been left hanging endless weeks. My preference would be to EFT you a full refund, if that is what you'd like. Let me know and I will issue an EFT immediately. I hope you'll forgive the brevity of my response, I've got to get back in the shop. Thanks!

-Phil
Old 02-11-2013, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

Well I'm still getting my heads through Phil... lol.

I guess if your not...frees up time to work on my stuff haha. Jk Sorry you had a bad experience and hope the car gets back on the road soon!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by muttstang
Well I'm still getting my heads through Phil... lol.

I guess if your not...frees up time to work on my stuff haha. Jk Sorry you had a bad experience and hope the car gets back on the road soon!
That's fine, this was not a thread to make Phil lose customers.

---

Phil, as I said in the e-mail to you, please ship out what you have done and ready today.

If it is indeed just the cam, and you are still unsure if the cam has even been ordered and on the way to you, at this point please just refund me for the cam. I will get one elsewhere. If it is more than that, let me know.

Thanks for the refund offer.

Last edited by tweakgames; 02-11-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

So if I'm reading this correctly, he informed you on the 28th there was a miscommunication with his staff and that your cam was then on order and expect it to arrive on roughly the 2nd. He then went on to tell you that you could expect 4-5 days for it to ship so that he could QC the cam which would put you on the 6th or 7th to ship roughly, but you were on here on the 6th already posting. Not to sound harsh, but your impatience is what drives honest vendors crazy and gives them a bad name. Acknowledgement of a minor mistake is not often given by many vendors in my past experience. and many just find some other excuse so it doesn't seem like they strung you along, and he's offered to issue a full refund to boot. Pretty stand up if you ask me.

Quick Reply: Advanced Induction unresponsive?