Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advanced Induction unresponsive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not strung along:

Jan 17th: Told it would be wrapped up next week.

Jan 24th (A week later): Update request.

Jan 28th: Will get wrapped up this coming week.

Feb 6th (Another week later after the respons): Update request.

Feb 8th: Cam might be on it's way, get wrapped up next week.

^ Definition of strung along. Next week, next week, next week.

Yes, the full refund is the correct option, but if he has indeed put work into the project I would like to pay him for it. (Well I guess I already have paid him for it.) If he ordered a special cam for me, and it is indeed shipping I could see him having trouble selling that cam to someone else. I like to be reasonable too, I would prefer the parts obviously, but he isn't the only heads guy in town.

Last edited by tweakgames; 02-11-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

If it makes you feel any better Tweak, I spent a little less than you on a set of wheels and I didnt get them until almost 4 months after I paid in full. Company was moving, they had a brand wide sale, and managers changed from the time I ordered to the time I started getting impatient. I kept calling and would be told I would be called right back.. Always had to call and never got much info. I was pissed but it was the winter and I wouldnt be driving my car anyway. Once UPS came it was all worth it..
Old 02-11-2013, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mac62989
If it makes you feel any better Tweak, I spent a little less than you on a set of wheels and I didnt get them until almost 4 months after I paid in full. Company was moving, they had a brand wide sale, and managers changed from the time I ordered to the time I started getting impatient. I kept calling and would be told I would be called right back.. Always had to call and never got much info. I was pissed but it was the winter and I wouldnt be driving my car anyway. Once UPS came it was all worth it..
Oh wow, that's sketchy. I wouldn't be able to wait that long for anything that expensive. Didn't know you were in the interest free loan business. lol
Old 02-11-2013, 02:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you were able to hash things out with the vendor. I value my money and time as well, and I can see myself being impatient in your position too.

I think you will be happy in the end though. I've never seen a thread where someone regretted getting headwork from AI, they really do some of the best work out there.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I dunno, doesn't seem all that long to me. It takes time to get a cam ground that isn't on the shelf and also to QC it.

They have great customer service. When I bought my cam from them, the first one failed QC as it was more than 1 degree off from the target grind. I'd rather wait an extra couple of weeks and be sure I am getting a quality product, then have something rushed out.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by tweakgames

Yes, the full refund is the correct option, but if he has indeed put work into the project I would like to pay him for it.
Saying you want the product, but that the Correct thing to do is to give you a refund is not an answer to the question I asked. You cannot have it both ways.

Just to be clear, I never accused them of scamming me, said, "I am scared he is scamming me", and I am.
Originally Posted by tweak email
Yes, please ship out whatever you have ready Monday.

At this point I am tired of being lied to and having "wrap up dates" pushed back repeatedly. I am worried I might possibly be getting scammed at this point and would like to get some of the products in my hands to end the completely useless loans I gave you 2 months, and 3 weeks ago.

I am very disappointed how this has turned out. With all the the great reviews I have read I feel like I have been singled out for this unacceptable lack of service.

I have been more than patient throughout this whole process.

Michael.
It is no secret that I do not suffer fools/liars/etc. gladly. In the past, I would have already sent you a refund and told you I did not care to deal with you. There is no way to make someone who wants attention as a victim "happy" in my experience, aside from going along with the lie that they have somehow been wronged. In my old age, I have mellowed, but must admit my finger hovered over the button earlier to EFT you $. So, rather than default to Soup ****, I will still leave it up to you whether you want a refund or not if you are concerned about missing an event etc.

I take no issue with you saying you don't like waiting a couple days on email responses. I understand if you do not understand why a one off setup custom built for your application, including QC that most do not do, can end up taking extra time (e.g. cams). However, what I find highly insulting is the implication that reputable companies would "scam" anyone, as if it were somehow in their best interest. I find it highly insulting when you email, calling me a liar, for simply updating you with real time info as things progress. You don't need to worry about my $, and you clearly aren't worried about my time or you wouldn't have wasted so much of it. Lastly, lets be clear, you aren't loaning me anything. I accept 50% deposits from guys, because many cannot afford to pay in full. I am the one who held well over that 50% dollar amount in inventory to wait for you to be able to go through with the purchase. I want to be perfectly clear: I maintain good relationships with many of our guys long after the sale. On occasion you find out before a person has your work that you'd rather not continue to deal with them for whatever reason (e.g. destined for failure, attention seeker, internet expert, etc.). I would prefer to send you $ rather than be in a position to deal with you in the future.

Should you choose to go that route, I am sure I can move the setup. Particularly since I will offer the next guy the same ~$600 discount provided to you.

-Phil
Old 02-11-2013, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

I have said it twice, and I will say it again. If you have the product done like you say you have, can you send it out?

If we are waiting on the cam, ship out everything but the cam. (Obviously because you don't have it.)

If you do not think the cam will be in your office for QC sometime reasonably soon, cancel the cam part of my order and refund me the money for the cam. Simple as that.

I am not upset about the time it takes to do quality control, from what you have said, we haven't even got to that process yet anyways.

I did not say you have or are scamming me, I am simply worried that you are. I don't know you, I have no clue what you have done with all my money this whole time. It seems as though my down payment was a complete waste though from what I can understand. That part upsets me the most. Lots of things I could have done with that money instead of thinking it would help get my parts to me sooner once it was paid off.

I would prefer all this effort and stress to not be for nothing, I would like to see and use your product, especially if you have already ordered all the custom parts. If you don't indeed have all the other parts ready like you said, go ahead and refund my money, I can't wait another month.

Good to know that my discount was bogus.

Thanks.

Last edited by tweakgames; 02-11-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Props to Phil & Ron @ AI. Top notch product. Phil, if he doesn't want the heads you can send them my way!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

Not strung along:

Jan 17th: Told it would be wrapped up next week.
Which was an honest answer at the time.
Jan 24th (A week later): Update request.
An honest request, no fault at this point.
Jan 28th: Will get wrapped up this coming week.
They acknowledged a mistake on their part and got the proper order on the way. It happens, they didn't make an excuse, just stated the facts and gave you an honest time frame modified for their error. It happens with the best of shops.
Feb 6th (Another week later after the respons): Update request.
You were told the previous week to expect roughly 5 days to receive the cam and another 5 or so to QC and ship. Try waiting an extra few days before becoming so impatient that you had to start a thread.
Feb 8th: Cam might be on it's way, get wrapped up next week.
Valid answer for a Friday, sometimes stuff runs behind and gets pushed until the first of the next week. If at that point it isn't ready, then decide whether your time is worth the product or ask for a refund, not claim a possible scam when you've had correspondence and the time frame quoted has yet to arrive. Remember, all time frames given are estimates and can be subject to change as was the case here.

^ Definition of strung along. Next week, next week, next week.
It's apparent that you've never done a one off anything, as that statement wouldn't phase you in the least. If you're worried about time, start buying off the shelf parts. I've built custom engine configurations several times and no matter the time frame given, it's always been beyond quoted. Half the time shops are repeating what their supplier is telling them, and if you've ever ordered say, a custom crank from Callies, that response is the norm. Just part of the game.
You've got to have more patience, especially when custom ordering things.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BattleSausage
You've got to have more patience, especially when custom ordering things.
+1... This whole thread is absolutely ridiculous. Change your tampon, take some Midol, and have a glass of wine.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Alright, I will take the full refund and part ways. Let me know when you have refunded me.

Thanks.

E-mailed and left a message on phone also.

Last edited by tweakgames; 02-12-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Alright, I will take the full refund and part ways. Let me know when you have refunded me.

Thanks.

Too bad, you loose
Old 02-12-2013, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks.

Dumb. Took refund when parts are just about ready so you can prove a point (a weak one at that, really a non point).

Pretty sad actually.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AI will still be getting my business. I see no wrong done here except by the OP. The reasons why have been stated.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:23 PM
TECH Regular

These guys may make a good product, but their customer service sucks ***. It took them months to ship back my heads because they were bitching about a $40 shipping fee. A company that charges thousands for a good port job crying about 40 bucks...and then to be dicks they said i couldnt use paypal...i had to send them a usps money order or a cashiers check unless i had a ups acount. I still have the emails stashed up if anyone would like to see them....OP take your business to TEA they make a good product and have good customer service. AI->->-> t(-_-)t
Old 02-12-2013, 07:24 PM
TECH Regular

Not only that but they threatened to scrap my heads if i didnt pay the shipping fee lol...the thread says it all....
Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, who would have thought so many little girls like LS1's and want to get their heads ported by AI They knew you were going to screw them out of the $40 shipping fee and you are ticked off that they called you out on it. People screw over little companies all the time and I can't blame AI one bit for simply wanting to be paid for their work.

Also, you could have used a credit card over the phone if you wanted to pay the fee so don't try that paypal crap. Try getting TEA to ship your heads before your bill was paid. I bet they won't.

EDIT: 4/9/2013: You know I've been sticking up for AI for a while now and got my H/C setup from them but I don't think I will ever do business with them again. I still don't blame them for the payment, etc in the OP's case but their email only policy for customer service is just terrible. I hated waiting for emails from Phil day after day when i was trying to decide on what heads/cam, etc to get and now that I'm struggling to figure out the correct pushrod length for my setup it's even worse....

Last edited by maxpower_454; 04-09-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by maxpower_454
Wow, who would have thought so many little girls like LS1's and want to get their heads ported by AI They knew you were going to screw them out of the $40 shipping fee and you are ticked off that they called you out on it. People screw over little companies all the time and I can't blame AI one bit for simply wanting to be paid for their work.

Also, you could have used a credit card over the phone if you wanted to pay the fee so don't try that paypal crap. Try getting TEA to ship your heads before your bill was paid. I bet they won't.
You have the wrong idea.
I bought the heads from Jorge. After finding out the heads were not stock Jorge refunded my money + the money for shipping of the heads he is speaking about. I paid AI for the work they did on the heads + the shipping money to shipp the heads back to Jorge. AI was supposed to give me a track# so I knew when the heads got back to Jorge. AI turned around, told me "do not be concerned with Jorge", kept Jorges heads and told him he needs to pay for the shipping (that I already paid). Can you comprehend this?!
So people just need to have the facts straight
FWIW AI required me to give them the full $2155 before they started any work. I had the 2nd set of heads done by TEA. The heads done by TEA were completed before recieving one penny from me.
Again, FWIW.
My experience...
Customer service + great heads = TEA
Lack of customer skills + great heads = no thanks

Old 02-13-2013, 08:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll just say this: I e-mailed back and forth with Phil yesterday, and in the 3 or 4 e-mails I sent him, he responded back to ALL of them within the same day. I think AI is a great company and Phil has been a stand-up guy and I would have no issue at all doing business with them.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Ahhhhh, this thread is the exact reason I didn't get involved in this business. Too many hopelessly clueless punks that believe themselves vindicated by crying wolf over issues that in the end are nothing but little boy antics to get some attention.
I agree with Phil, better withdraw to greener pastures.

Quick Reply: Advanced Induction unresponsive?