Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New JD motor lets go after only ~1500 miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 01:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,096 Likes on 720 Posts

Well, this is more of a JPR thread than a JD thread.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezss
I heard no detonation, the car is loud as h*ll normally. Yes its JD's fault if he sent me off with a tune or a problem that detonated and that I would even have any kind of problem at 1500 miles with mostly mild use. I hope you arent saying thats its my problem that I didnt notice that JD missed a problem or its my responsibility to understand and overcome why my engine was not setup right from the get go. Give me break.

The pistons may have hit the valves when the timing chain let go, I dont rule that out, but it explain anything else.

Eric, you said the car slowed down. So at one time, something was different. Something changed.. Was the tune correct in the beginning and something changed??? What made the car slow down??? Eric, I'm not trying to start any trouble here, I'm just trying to tell you guys from a guy that been in this stuff for 35 years, that you have to be on your toes for minor problems, or they become major!!! RAY
Old 05-28-2004, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 7DMACH1
Eric, you said the car slowed down. So at one time, something was different. Something changed.. Was the tune correct in the beginning and something changed??? What made the car slow down??? Eric, I'm not trying to start any trouble here, I'm just trying to tell you guys from a guy that been in this stuff for 35 years, that you have to be on your toes for minor problems, or they become major!!! RAY

On the car slowing down -- I thought it was my driving skills. People have often commented that I am a very slow shifter. Thats why I asked fireball to drive it. I didnt want any excuses why the car wouldnt run the numbers. I heard no detonation on any of the runs.

The video was not doctored, just look at it again. The first video was screwed up because the sound was compressed when he changed the format. This has been already discussed. There was no missed shift, but that is not the reason why the motor failed anyhow so throwing that in now makes no logical argument.

Sh*t does breaks, especially when it wasnt set up properly in the first place.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

3) I don't remember the other guy that's complaining about a possible wrist pin knock. He stated the he discovered some kind of vacuum caps missing after the dealer did something to his ac. If you have a vacuum leak this will cause a lean condition and detonation. Now the engine is making noise. Want to bet there is piston damage.

RAY
Mine would probably be the one with the possible wrist pin knock... no dealer issues there, hasn't been to a dealer in ages, not running lean, just a lovely knock. We've already done some preliminary work inspecting things.... rod bearings are at 24-25 thousands on the 2nd,3rd,and 4th journals, and 27-28 thousandths on the 1st journal... WAY looser than the 14-15thousandths JD insists they were built to. We'll know more once we tear it down, but in the mean time, JD insists that there is no possible way anything is wrong with the bottom end.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:29 PM
Teching In

all i post is the FACTS. Dude said he paid $800.00 for clutch install.. WRONG!!!!
whoa fuzznuts. i tried to keep it short as not to bore you guys. and lemme tell you, i came out of my pocket with 800 beans when i received the vehicle. i dont think this was right for the reason that i paid jpr for a turnkey project. you have the receipt, so you recall the car? you should know the crappy work that went into it. i didnt trash jd's, but i dont have any referrals for them either. it seems you just chime in to add fuel to the fire. getalife jerkoff. i can go into explicit detail about every step of my jpr sobstory, and you would see how i was screwed.

by the way, could you post a final invoice for my jpr project? i tried for 6 months after picking up the car to get one from him, but he has never come thru.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't have any access to JPR's stuff only JD's. I agree with problems with JPR. That's all he is, is a problem. But you said you paid JD's for a $800.00 for a clutch install. You got a clutch master cly and crank pulley too for $800.00. Why do you resort to name calling. I have never offended anyone on here by calling them names. Grow up!!
Old 05-31-2004, 01:18 AM
Teching In

dont try and pick on me. i chimed in to add to the list of unhappy customers. i am not spreading false info, so dont call me out. and yes, a couple of other items were on the list as well, but i kept it short and sweet. teh point i wanted to come across was the fact that i still had to shell out after all was paid for.

and with a little research, i can get have access to all your personal info. would you like me to post your phone numbers and ssn and cc numbers? just cuz you have access doesnt mean you can post it at your will. keep my info between him and i please. thank you.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Jd's sent it to me and asked me to post it. RAY
Old 05-31-2004, 10:42 PM
Teching In

Jd's sent it to me and asked me to post it. RAY
ok,sorry
Old 05-31-2004, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice