Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FFHP is no longer a TEA dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy FFHP is no longer a TEA dealer

We regret to inform everyone that FFHP is no longer a TEA dealer. It has come to our attention that they have engaged in what we believe to be unethical business practices by selling product that is claimed to be CNC ported by TEA when in fact it was ported by Patriot Performance.

We regret that it had to come to this, we wish only the best for the guys at FFHP and hope that they employ ethical business practices in the future, as no good can come from practices such as these.

Everyone must also understand that in order for a head to flow it not only needs a great CNC port design, it also needs the corresponding proper valve job and hand blending, as well as the proper back cut angle and width on the valves. There is a reason why our heads cost what they do, we take no shortcuts in the finishing of heads and the parts that go into them.

Last edited by BrentB@TEA; 04-04-2005 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

OMG that **** is crazy!!! i almost bought from them a few months back. well, what can ya say, thats just fucked up...cut and dried. im sure a lotta people are gonna be upset...despite what kinda power the heads are making. good luck to ffhp, i hope they get their **** together
Old 04-04-2005, 05:37 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

interesting, do you happen to know a time frame when they transitioned from TEA and PP to just PP only? and if i may ask how did you come across this?
Old 04-04-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

damn right its interesting. thats too bad this happened, seems some sponsors are having trouble lately staying on the straight and narrow. good to see you guys stepping up and protecting your own reputation and product.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrp
interesting, do you happen to know a time frame when they transitioned from TEA and PP to just PP only? and if i may ask how did you come across this?
The heads in question I noticed when someone posted that they were waiting on a set of TEA ported 6.0 truck heads. I had not done any heads for FFHP since oct 04 and they said this in January so I was sceptical of the fact they were TEA heads. I PM'd FFHP and asked them if I had lost an order. They replied that the heads in question were some we had done a long time ago for them so I kind of just let it drop. After continually reading about TEA CNCed/FFHP finished heads not performing on the flow bench we decided to send the customer in question a call tag and evaluate the heads ourselves. We got the heads today and they are not our product.
It could have been an honest mistake. What matters to us is we as a company can not afford to have mistakes, accidental or otherwise, like this happen when our name and reputation is on the line.

Last edited by BrentB@TEA; 04-04-2005 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:08 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

wow. sorry to hear that. happy that you caught the problem though.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

So are you implying that Patriot heads cost less than yours because they do cut corners and do not do proper valve jobs and do not do proper valve jobs??? I understand being pissed because of what they did, I almost bought from them and thank god I didnt not because of getting Patriots heads because I went with their heads but I wouldnt want to do business with someone that lies about what your getting.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like TEA has their act together , too bad others didn't follow.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Launching!

I personally like how hard Brad works at FFHP. I am scheduled to go in this Wednesday and Thursday for Heads, cam, and intake install. I am buying his heads. This thread does not change my opinion about his company. You WON'T find someone who works harder than he....anywhere. This man bends over backwards for you.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, that's suprising. I've heard a lot of good about FFHP and didn't expect this....
Old 04-04-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I've been posting that my heads (in sig) were CNC'd by TEA. I didn't lie, but that's what I was told and what I paid for. That seems to be incorrect. If you read a past post by me about the heads, dismiss it. Between this and Joe Prince I think I'm done with this hobby.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:49 PM
Banned

I feel exactly how niteshinarmor does. Both Brad and Scott are great people to deal with. They are truely a class act! They always answer my questions and will do whatever they need to to ensure that the job gets done. I would never think twice about taking my car up to FFHP. Those guys bust their *** non stop. This mishap will not effect my opinion.

FFHP
Old 04-04-2005, 07:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Good to know that sponsors and manufacturers are looking out for the consumer still! Good job TEA!
Old 04-04-2005, 07:50 PM
SSU Moderator

DAMN Bravo! You again?! You musta ran a bus full of children and nuns on mission off a road in some past life. I feel sorry for ya bro.

I am pleased, however, that this was found and props to TEA for keeping some real integrity in the biz and allowing no substitues.

Wow.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

makes me happy that i bought from TEA, other than any other company, thanks brent for a class act and professional and honest work ethic...reasons you guys will make it in this buisness

Jon
Old 04-04-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

I'm also with nitenshinamor and XtrmLS1spd, FFHP has never done me wrong. There's been times when I've called Brad at 9:30 on a Sunday night and he was still in the shop working. These guys work non-stop all week long and are always willing to help me when I have a problem with my car. I've done business with them before and will continue to in the future.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:33 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Hey guys, I've been posting that my heads (in sig) were CNC'd by TEA. I didn't lie, but that's what I was told and what I paid for. That seems to be incorrect. If you read a past post by me about the heads, dismiss it. Between this and Joe Prince I think I'm done with this hobby.
Boy oh boy you got bent over again.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:59 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BrentB@TEA
The heads in question I noticed when someone posted that they were waiting on a set of TEA ported 6.0 truck heads. I had not done any heads for FFHP since oct 04 and they said this in January so I was sceptical of the fact they were TEA heads. I PM'd FFHP and asked them if I had lost an order. They replied that the heads in question were some we had done a long time ago for them so I kind of just let it drop. After continually reading about TEA CNCed/FFHP finished heads not performing on the flow bench we decided to send the customer in question a call tag and evaluate the heads ourselves. We got the heads today and they are not our product.
It could have been an honest mistake. What matters to us is we as a company can not afford to have mistakes, accidental or otherwise, like this happen when our name and reputation is on the line.
This is wrong. I am pissed. I was told by BRAD that they would be TEA heads. I am going to try and work this out with FFHP. But I was lied to I am glad I sent them out to get checked.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Glad to see our sponsors care about their product and the person buying it enough to goto such messures as this.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Fing wow! I wonder if FFHP will respond to this. For those that are still going to buy FFHP heads, you guys are comfortable paying the same price for a Patriot head as you would for a TEA head?

Just because they provide great customer service doesn't mean they aren't a shady practice.

I can think of a few businesses that have had great customer service but still screwed people over.

Good customer service does not automatically equal you getting a good product.

Sorry to hear about what's happened to all those involved. I hope everything works out for you.