Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Talked To Dart.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR
Did you happen to get a price for the assembled heads?
$639.99 a piece assembled for the 205's and 225's

Last edited by BIRDONNOS; 09-11-2005 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:11 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are sounding better and better if you ask me. This will help lower the price of everyones heads so long as they are pretty decent. Which is probably a bummer to the sponsors and manufacturers. But with as many players on the field as there are now, something like this was bound to happen.

LS1s are a pretty expensive car to modify, compared to mustangs. Every little bit helps, as my pockets aren't so deep at the moment.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
These are sounding better and better if you ask me.
Agreed. I'll be keeping an eye out to see if this is going to be the "real deal."
Old 09-11-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Addict

I cannot wait to see the kind of numbers these come out with.

DO they ahve the thicker deck heighth? I want that cause Im FI and would love to se that.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:24 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds like a winner to me. Dart makes some good stuff.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

Im not just going to say this because Im an All pro owner but I belive AFR Edelbrock PP as well as others in the sponsor list are shooting for a different market than All pro,they might all be LS1/LS6 based but the features of the All Pro are directed to hard core racing where the customer is expecting to pay big money for finish work as well as the option to custom taylor the heads to thier application .All Pros go from 230cc as cast to 300cc max effort...The mainstream is selling heads to people who want to do head and cam swaps in ther garage or build as street/strip motor...which is a big portion of the market.I think you'll see MFG's stop production of LS1 heads simply becuase its not profitable to do the R&D work and to compete with a 1200 dollar set of ready to run heads...competition makes the indusrty better but it also drys it up...
Old 09-12-2005, 09:15 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

The market is consumer driven. Supply and demand. Prices are coming down or people are going out of business. Either way the consumer wins in the end. I'm not complaining. $2,000+ for a set of heads isn't good value for the "heads and cam in your garage" shadetree mechanic type that the majority of the market is. The LS1 has proven it's staying power in the aftermarket world. This was inevitable. I say it's about time.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:48 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by josh99ta
The market is consumer driven. Supply and demand. Prices are coming down or people are going out of business. Either way the consumer wins in the end. I'm not complaining. $2,000+ for a set of heads isn't good value for the "heads and cam in your garage" shadetree mechanic type that the majority of the market is. The LS1 has proven it's staying power in the aftermarket world. This was inevitable. I say it's about time.
Agreed, people are sticking LSX power in everything these days. There is a huge market for both applications. (Full race setups, and street cars)
Old 09-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Collections Hold

Default ok

Originally Posted by black_z
Agreed, people are sticking LSX power in everything these days. There is a huge market for both applications. (Full race setups, and street cars)

I agree with you guys, When I comes to figuring out the best bang for the buck though, take a set of darts as recieved from them, fly cut the pistons, and be limited with what cam you can put in it, run it, be happy for a year and now you decide that you just want more. So you take the heads and send them to your favorite head porter and spend another 1200.00 to have them ported and 200.00 for larger valves and still have a "stock" configuration cylinder head. I know this sounds kinda broken up, but if you buy a cylinder head that is already fully ported and is already top notch, it gives you that room to grow later. Naot that you cant grow with any other heads, but what will make most sense in the future. Parts can be cheap, but good labor has to be paid for. That is why we designed our heads the way we did. everything is grown from the smaller version. our 215 street head can be grown into a 255 by recutting the intake ports and installing a larger valve. same with the bore size. You won't see the cost of our heads come down because Dart came out with an as cast cylinder head cheaper. We set our price in the fair market range. WE use better quality parts than most of our counterparts, and have first class workmanship. Dart has its place here, But if you are planning on upgrading in the future, be wise.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by cary et performance
I agree with you guys, When I comes to figuring out the best bang for the buck though, take a set of darts as recieved from them, fly cut the pistons, and be limited with what cam you can put in it, run it, be happy for a year and now you decide that you just want more. So you take the heads and send them to your favorite head porter and spend another 1200.00 to have them ported and 200.00 for larger valves and still have a "stock" configuration cylinder head. I know this sounds kinda broken up, but if you buy a cylinder head that is already fully ported and is already top notch, it gives you that room to grow later. Naot that you cant grow with any other heads, but what will make most sense in the future. Parts can be cheap, but good labor has to be paid for. That is why we designed our heads the way we did. everything is grown from the smaller version. our 215 street head can be grown into a 255 by recutting the intake ports and installing a larger valve. same with the bore size. You won't see the cost of our heads come down because Dart came out with an as cast cylinder head cheaper. We set our price in the fair market range. WE use better quality parts than most of our counterparts, and have first class workmanship. Dart has its place here, But if you are planning on upgrading in the future, be wise.
well said cary. Like said before, ETheads seem to have their head on straight, and I cant wait for some more tests, times, flow #s, etc. You'll be getting my business when its time for heads for sure.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cary et performance
Will your ls7 style 11 degree heads work with an ls7 intake? I am looking for a head with a relatively small chamber around 50cc. Do you also have a link to a flow sheet.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

ET went to your site, and there is no information on the heads what is the price?
Old 09-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Collections Hold

Default ls7

Originally Posted by strokedls1
Will your ls7 style 11 degree heads work with an ls7 intake? I am looking for a head with a relatively small chamber around 50cc. Do you also have a link to a flow sheet.

yes it will bolt directly to the ls7 manifold. right now we are machining them for jesel rockers until the viper or ls7 rockers become avalible. 50cc is not a problem, either is a 4.00 bore with a smaller intake valve. Craig was working on the web site all day today, we have a lot of new pics and technical pages we are adding this week. sorry for the guys who have tried to find the info on the site, don't give up. should be done this week. email Craig@etheads.com for info until this is taken care of. Just so you guys know too, we are trying to cover all territories, not just the high end, but for the whole market. Once we get through all our current models, we may build some new core boxes to make an as cast version if the market requires it.

Thanks a lot
ET Performance
Old 09-12-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

So exciting to see the new head choices. back in the day it was just ARE , MTI and GTP. It has progressed nicely.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, hell now there are more aftermarket companies thant here were porters back in the day
everything happens like that
ed
Old 09-12-2005, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 69firebird
ET went to your site, and there is no information on the heads what is the price?

Yea, no ****. I even emailed them a few weeks back about a recommendation on a set of heads (and prices too) and still have not heard anything. I work nights so when I get to work you guys are closed!! How am I or we suppose to see how much your heads cost?

Please let me know as I am searching for a descent/nice set of heads as we speak.

Want to get all the info from all the vendors before I make a choice.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone know if Dart is going to try to get these a CARB # so they are smog legal in CA like the AFRs? What about markings on the ends like the AFRs and All Pros?-no markings would be better.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:51 AM
10 Second Club

So if they come with a 62cc... Where does that put your compression?
Old 09-13-2005, 02:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

RSR Static Compression Ratio Calculator
Old 09-13-2005, 03:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

don't remeber if the flow numbers were on the dart site but he told me that they were 303cfm @ .600
The numbers are not. But, just think what they will be capable of when someone write's a good CNC program for them...... ?? A good program could realistically pick up 60+ cfm.

AFR 225s 320cfm @ .600
And thats already CNC'd.

I am waiting for a reply from a friend at DART to feed me the new port dimentions. Because right now, the new LS7 head has a newer "D" port exhaust design.... and we know from cylinder head history what a flat floor does to an exhaust port...... and it just happends to be that DART was the ones to develop that 'back in the day'. Its also very interesting what the new LS7 heads, with their CNC'd port and chamber in the finished product can eaisly produce power-wise.

I'd love to see TEA, Katech and others do their own magic to a set of these new DART castings. They might just turn out to be the real monsters that we have been waiting for in the larger cid packages.

Quick Reply: Just Talked To Dart.....