Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Help, please read.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, I think the cam should have stayed but w/e. Since the dealer had to pay to get the car running right, it was partially the dealers call to just pull the cam. The car already had the LS1 edit tuning from Eastside. So, that's why they said that cam was just problems that it wasn't in the tuning really. Solution: pull the cam and problems solved. I bought the car with the cam in so I'm not paying for anything. The dealer I bought it from is paying the bill at eastside for the stock-cam swap, and eastside is giving us the stock cam (just charging CK (the dealer) for labor). Eventually one day, I'm go to pay to have the aftermarket cam installed again, buy a set of 3.73's and a TC and then do any additional tuning that's needed. So as of now, the back-to-stock cam swap is midway and the lifters and trays are getting changed at the same time (at dealer's expense) because ESP found them to be worn when they were pulling the cam. I'll keep you all updated. I wish I could have kept my aftermarket cam in and just had it tuned or something or do w/e to get it right, but since the dealer was paying I kind of had to do what they wanted with the car. Even with the stock cam, my car will run strong and kick some import ***.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CT ITALIAN 1
Since the dealer had to pay to get the car running right, it was partially the dealers call to just pull the cam. So, that's why they said that cam was just problems that it wasn't in the tuning really

I hate dealers that know nothing about cars but act like they're the world's greatest mechanics....dumbasses
Old 11-18-2005, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

nah, he left it partially up to me as well and I love the dealership. They have lost alotta money on this car and have done everything in their power to make it right, spending over a grand and accomodating me.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats cool as long as your happy. But just so you know a generic ls1edit is no where near a proper "tune" for future reference.