Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K1 Technologies Rods - Nice!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default K1 Technologies Rods - Nice!

There is a new crank and rod company out there making some really nice stuff.
You may have heard of Tom Molnar, the gentleman who basically ran Oliver Racing Products for the last 20+ years along with designing most of the rods they made.
He started K1 about 6 months ago, and the company is booming! They carry all domestic and even sport compact rods and cranks.
Their LS rods are available in billet 4340 6.098" and 6.125" long. Tom finishes all of his rods in house and the quality is superb. These are imported parts, but he designs all of them himself.

Last edited by jrp; 03-26-2006 at 04:34 AM.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Imported like they are made in china and imported? If so, I'd have that alloy checked.. I've seena and heard of alot of stuff that is supposed to be made from "xxx" alloy, and it ends up being a lesser grade.... something that is worth looking into.

However, the price is pretty decent, if the quality is there they will sell I'm sure.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:34 PM
10 Second Club

Really good price.. just need to check the actual quality of the parts..
Old 03-25-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure there the same "eagle" type casting that all the shops are getting and finishing in house and calling them theirs. Then again the could be the best thing since sliced bread. With no more info than we have, who can tell?
Old 03-25-2006, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

i love how this person has one post....you need to be a sponsor of ls1tech to sell your product.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

from what i have seen carrillo owns them
Old 11-19-2007, 08:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carrillo had it's H beam design copied by Eagle. Since then several other companies found the Chinese plants doing the work and jumped in as well. Rather than undercutting their own U.S. made quality, Carrillo purchased K1 and it's now part of PMI (Carrillo, JE, Wiseco, Prox in the Netherlands, and Vertex of Italy).

Regardless of whether they break or not, the Chinese parts (cranks and rods) can be hit and miss when it comes to sizing, finish, thread quality, twist, bending, heat treat, etc. Any of the engine builders on this forum can attest to that whether they state that it openly or not. K1 finishes the rods here in the U.S...kind of like what Callies does with their Compstar line.

K1 was purchased By Carrillo because they can produce the rods economically and at a quality level that Carrillo deems acceptable. One of the biggest factors is Tom Molnar. He has 26 years of experience as a rod designer with knowledge of many types of engines. He's a master CNC programmer as well, willing to spend the extra time designing the parts for specific applications....a little extra cross section here, a larger radius there....no "one-size-fits-all" parts. I've spent a bit of time with him learning their process and came away very impressed. He and K1 have my stamp of approval.

-Brian Nutter-Wiseco Piston
Old 11-19-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by markp03
i love how this person has one post....you need to be a sponsor of ls1tech to sell your product.
Hes not selling anything, hes merely telling us about a new company. Maybe he bought some of their rods and was impressed and wanted to pass on his experience.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:33 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by briannutter
Carrillo purchased K1 and it's now part of PMI (Carrillo, JE, Wiseco, Prox in the Netherlands, and Vertex of Italy). -Brian Nutter-Wiseco Piston
Is PMI a group or company?
Old 11-19-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tainted
Hes not selling anything, hes merely telling us about a new company. Maybe he bought some of their rods and was impressed and wanted to pass on his experience.
Notice the post was edited. I didn't see it, but im pretty sure it violated some type of forum rule. From whats still up there, it sounds like an advertisement.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Is PMI a group or company?
PMI is the Performance Motorsports INC...which is a division of Dover Diversified...which is division of Dover...which is a big ***** of a company. http://www.doverpmi.com/ Dover has been putting automotive aftermarket companies together that are a "good fit" since about 1998...letting them work autonomously, but sharing the benefits of buying materials in bulk and using the distribution network in place to sell each others products.

Yeah, it looks to me like the original post was made by a dealer for k1...no matter though. It's factual and they are pretty nice parts.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Banned

We are an authorized dealer for the entire K1 Tech line here at Weber Racing Equipment.
It takes quite a bit for us to put a 35 year long reputation on a line for a company and we have moved alot of our reputation based on the K1 Tech line. We have implemented K1 Tech as the standard for our shortblock packages, far exceeding most other companies entry level engine components. We also have no problem and do not think twice when quoting a customer on a high HP engine build to use the K1 Tech H Beam rod.

K1 Tech being backed with a company with a track record of Carrillo should say enough. We have built multiple 1000 + RWHP Buick V6's running K1 Tech Rods and have not had a single failure. Not to mention some of the BBC and Mopars that are thrashed that we have built locally for customers.

Check out our site or shoot me an email/PM for anymore info and pricing on the K1 Tech line.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:22 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
Notice the post was edited. I didn't see it, but im pretty sure it violated some type of forum rule. From whats still up there, it sounds like an advertisement.
When I originally replied I checked out who this person was. Seeing as how they only have 2 posts I wasn't expecting much, but.... Yahtzee

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....0&postcount=37
Old 11-21-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Hardcore? Didn't they get shut down by the FBI earlier this year?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:57 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

I don't know about the FBI, but yes they got shut down.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

Think it was embezzlement charges - some kind of mortgage fraud.

http://www.cglfc.com/wforum/viewtopi...8184378cef7041

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 11-21-2007 at 10:09 PM.

Quick Reply: K1 Technologies Rods - Nice!