Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blew my lme 408 shortblock

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 09:51 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sending $20 as well. Cars such as Tuff give us the respect at the track, and it's the least us amateur racers can do in a community like this.

Tuff-You gonna put a "Ls1tech Members" sponsor sticker on the side of the car now?!

You never know man, sometimes things work out for the best....
Old 06-06-2006, 10:00 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
I'm sending some $$$ as well. Cars such as Tuff give us the respect at the track, and it's the least us amateur racers can do in a community like this.

Tuff-You gonna put a "Ls1tech Members" sponsor sticker on the side of the car now?!

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing. For $5.00 or so you could have a piece of a 8 second car.

COME ON GUYS 2300 VIEWS AND 6 PEOPLE STEPPED UP!!??!!!!???!! Help a guy out.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:03 AM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
I'm sending $20 as well. Cars such as Tuff give us the respect at the track, and it's the least us amateur racers can do in a community like this.

Thanks guys.As for a ls1 tech sticker i will put one on the back window for all the help that im gonna get from you guys.And it will have a little extra on there for all the people that helping me out. All of the donations will be sent direct to brian at lme for a new shortblock.I have no hard feeling againt brian knowing he builds some of the badest ls1s in the country it was just unforanate that something happens to my motor.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in for $10. Good luck Tuff hope to see you racing again soon.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If nothing else I think if LME built a new engine for you for the cost of "parts only" would be a nice help. I can send some $ to help the cause. As much as we all waste on gas crusing, eating out, movies, beer, cigs, other crap I dont see why we all can not come together and get the $$$ to get you racing soon again. Where do I need to send some money to? Hope everyone helps as well.....
Old 06-06-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

ANDY,

Do you want to post up an address for some of the old school guys like me who still pay via checks and US mail system!!
Old 06-06-2006, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll send ten bucks. I know what you mean about all the time. Put in countless hours on my buddies project car. Finally got it running good on the spray. Good luck getting your ride back together tuff. I had followed your build for a while.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:13 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by MTI 427 C5 Roadster
ANDY,

Do you want to post up an address for some of the old school guys like me who still pay via checks and US mail system!!

Andy Essary C/O AJ's Inc.
260 W. St. Charles rd
Villa Park, IL. 60181
630-782-6000

This way I will take the money from paypal and US mail and send one check to LME. Thanks, Andy.

BTW, the car looks AWSOME Jim!
Old 06-06-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

"BTW, the car looks AWSOME Jim![/QUOTE]"

ANDY,

Thanks BRO and nice meeting you and your whole family at the LOMBARD car show this past Saturday!!
Old 06-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Banned

Andy, maybe you guys should make a seperate post and sticky it or at least sticky this one to get more attention. See if that's ok with the Mods/Admin.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

All you guys that are chipping in are the best people in the world ,tuff ( mike ) is never going to forget this trust me on that , come on guys even a $1.00 is going to help him out what ever you can afford ..
Old 06-06-2006, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but isn't this just a case of "tuff luck" (no pun intended) I have had this kind of stuff happen to me quite a few times and never did anyone give me money to fix it. lol Its just life.. I wouldn't even take money from you guys if my engine blew up... Thats just kinda strange to me.

How about all of you guys that are sending money match the amount you sent and give it to a charity or someone in REAL need of something besides a engine for their race car.. There are people starving to death all over the world or living in homeless shelters or on the side of the road and you guys are giving money to a guy that doesn't even really need it.. I think that LME is going beyond the call and helping him out with parts discounts I'm sure and that in itself is more help than 99% of most other people would get..

I feel his pain and I am sorry that this unforunate crap happened to Tuff, but thats life and thats racing. Goodluck with your current situation Tuff.. And this is ONLY MY OPINION..
Old 06-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Launching!

only 6 donors as of 10:00 a.m. this morning? Dang.........!
Old 06-06-2006, 10:28 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but isn't this just a case of "tuff luck" (no pun intended) I have had this kind of stuff happen to me quite a few times and never did anyone give me money to fix it. lol Its just life.. I wouldn't even take money from you guys if my engine blew up... Thats just kinda strange to me.

How about all of you guys that are sending money match the amount you sent and give it to a charity or someone in REAL need of something besides a engine for their race car.. There are people starving to death all over the world or living in homeless shelters or on the side of the road and you guys are giving money to a guy that doesn't even really need it.. I think that LME is going beyond the call and helping him out with parts discounts I'm sure and that in itself is more help than 99% of most other people would get..

I feel his pain and I am sorry that this unforunate crap happened to Tuff, but thats life and thats racing. Goodluck with your current situation Tuff.. And this is ONLY MY OPINION..

I started this for him because of a string of bad luck. Last year a block, oil pan, trans pan and trans case because of a wheelie. Then a motor problem because of a fuel issue. This year he went with a new iron shortblock, full cage and chute to run in a class. Oh and BS3 because of tuning problems with the current set up. The FIRST TIME OUT three runs on motor he loses the new shortblock, rods, pistons, cam, oil pan. He hasn't checked the BRAND NEW ET heads to see if they are damaged. The short had less than 300 miles on it! Who's at fault? Is it a necessity to get the engine done this year instead of waiting until next year? No, but he was REALLY looking foward to a fun summer after ALOT of long nights in the garage all winter.

So for him to take another 6k hit after 3 track passes is pretty rough. I saw it as a way to help him get back out this year. I did this on my own. I have donated money to people I've never met or seen because of bad luck, alot more than $5.00. The amount of members on this board it wouldn't take much to get him going. I'll drop $200 on dinner and I'm hungry again in threee or four hours. $5.00 to help someone out to have a good summer is a cheap way to feel good.

On a side note, when you donate to most charities less than 20% of your money gets to the actual cause. THis on the other hand 100% is going to help out. ALSO as far as LME helping out? They did build the shortblock and it didn't last 300 miles 15 total track passes!! So helping out isn't far out of line. Since no one can pin point the cause of the engine to fail, nothing can be ruled out.

Anyways, helping out isn't a bad thing. If it isn't for you I understand.

Thanks, Andy.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:34 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by tbojbob
only 6 donors as of 10:00 a.m. this morning? Dang.........!

Over 2900 views and 10 people to help out? Times must be pretty "TUFF"!
Old 06-06-2006, 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
I started this for him because of a string of bad luck. Last year a block, oil pan, trans pan and trans case because of a wheelie. Then a motor problem because of a fuel issue. This year he went with a new iron shortblock, full cage and chute to run in a class. Oh and BS3 because of tuning problems with the current set up. The FIRST TIME OUT three runs on motor he loses the new shortblock, rods, pistons, cam, oil pan. He hasn't checked the BRAND NEW ET heads to see if they are damaged. The short had less than 300 miles on it! Who's at fault? Is it a necessity to get the engine done this year instead of waiting until next year? No, but he was REALLY looking foward to a fun summer after ALOT of long nights in the garage all winter.

So for him to take another 6k hit after 3 track passes is pretty rough. I saw it as a way to help him get back out this year. I did this on my own. I have donated money to people I've never met or seen because of bad luck, alot more than $5.00. The amount of members on this board it wouldn't take much to get him going. I'll drop $200 on dinner and I'm hungry again in threee or four hours. $5.00 to help someone out to have a good summer is a cheap way to feel good.

On a side note, when you donate to most charities less than 20% of your money gets to the actual cause. THis on the other hand 100% is going to help out. ALSO as far as LME helping out? They did build the shortblock and it didn't last 300 miles 15 total track passes!! So helping out isn't far out of line. Since no one can pin point the cause of the engine to fail, nothing can be ruled out.

Anyways, helping out isn't a bad thing. If it isn't for you I understand.

Thanks, Andy.

I know it sucks.. That is definate.. BUT, thats all a part of racing... Every one of us knows that when we race we have are taking a risk of damaging our cars and/or parts. Remember the old saying "YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY!"

I myself waited almost 2 years to get my heads/cam/full bolt on LT1 Trans Am completed and got screwed around the whole time by the guy I paid to build it that was my so called "friend".. It was 9 months after I got it running that the keyway on the crank snout broke which screwed my engine with bent ferrea valves, pushrods, rocker arms, ruined some pistons, tchain, etc etc. Who was to blame?? I was only 21 years old and was AGAIN out of a car. Did I get help from anyone to fix it? NO.. Did I expect anyone to help pay for it? NO.. I have had 2 other engines blow up on me and never once did I act like anyone owed me anything.. Thats just my personal experience so that you see where I am coming from.

I understand that it SUCKS a fat one and if you guys want to help him out then thats fine by me. I just thought it was kinda strange thats all..
Old 06-06-2006, 10:55 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

I know it sucks.. That is definate.. BUT, thats all a part of racing... Every one of us knows that when we race we have are taking a risk of damaging our cars and/or parts. Remember the old saying "YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY!"

I myself waited almost 2 years to get my heads/cam/full bolt on LT1 Trans Am completed and got screwed around the whole time by the guy I paid to build it that was my so called "friend".. It was 9 months after I got it running that the keyway on the crank snout broke which screwed my engine with bent ferrea valves, pushrods, rocker arms, ruined some pistons, tchain, etc etc. Who was to blame?? I was only 21 years old and was AGAIN out of a car. Did I get help from anyone to fix it? NO.. Did I expect anyone to help pay for it? NO.. I have had 2 other engines blow up on me and never once did I act like anyone owed me anything.. Thats just my personal experience so that you see where I am coming from.

I understand that it SUCKS a fat one and if you guys want to help him out then thats fine by me. I just thought it was kinda strange thats all..

If he had asked ,I would understand. it being wierd. But I thought and think it's a good idea. HE expects nothing. If fact his son said he couldn't understand how he could be so calm after it happened. He told his wife it sucks but **** happens, "I'm done for the year".

I met Tuff- Mike on this site a while back. We have become pretty good friends. HE has helped me out with my car, ALOT, wanting nothing in return. Just willing to help out another car guy. I don't use the word "friend" very often. They are few and far between. It does suck that you didn't have a friend to try or want to help you out.

Good luck on your season!
Old 06-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Launching!

I'm sure most of us have some "man, what did I do to deserve this?" experiences...... some days I could give a sh*+, some days I'll give to a seemingly worthy cause, but your points are well taken. The movie "Pay It Forward" does come to mind though.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:00 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by tbojbob
I'm sure most of us have some "man, what did I do to deserve this?" experiences...... some days I could give a sh*+, some days I'll give to a seemingly worthy cause, but your points are well taken. The movie "Pay It Forward" does come to mind though.

I know, it's funny how when you do good things they seem to come back to you. And it feels good!
Old 06-06-2006, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

nobodys EXPECTING anything for anybody it is just a nice thing andy is trying to do for his good friend in need .. fortunetly tuff has friends here that are willing to help him out when times are tight its called courtesy dude ..

Quick Reply: Blew my lme 408 shortblock