Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blew my lme 408 shortblock

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

remenber that theres another old saying WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND ...

Last edited by possessed1; 06-06-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by possessed1
nobodys EXPECTING anything for anybody it is just a nice thing andy is trying to do for his good friend in need .. fortunetly tuff has friends here that are willing to help him out when times are tight its called courtesy dude ..
You are making this something that it is not.. I knew that was gonna happen.. I give to good causes every chance I get and I go out of my way to help the less fortunate ANY and EVERY time I can. I was just giving my opinion.. Nothing more.

btw, I just watched a vid that TUFF sent me of his old setup when I was talkin with him about buying his old forged 346 longblock. He is definately a good guy with a kick *** car.. But I was only stating my opinion. Don't make it out to be something that it was not..
Old 06-06-2006, 11:17 PM
10 Second Club

remenber theres that other old saying WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND ...
If he were local I would have no problem with giving him a hand turning some wrenches and what not. I have friends that help me turn wrenches or borrow tools or space in their garages, but I dont want their money. Not saying that he does either.

I wish him luck and I'm sure he will get it going again.. I myself don't make **** for money and I have to scrape every penny I earn just to build my current setup. I've got about $2k more to spend before it is done and I can say I bought it all myself with my own money. If it blows up when I crank it then I will just have to bite the bullet and start over.. But thats not gonna happen!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

thats cool , no problems man it was just the way you worded it is all ..
Old 06-06-2006, 11:24 PM
10 Second Club

My apologies.. But all bullshit aside, I hope he gets her up and running and kicking *** again. Best of luck to you guys. I know how bad it sucks to be down when everyone else is up and racing.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
If he were local I would have no problem with giving him a hand turning some wrenches and what not. I have friends that help me turn wrenches or borrow tools or space in their garages, but I dont want their money. Not saying that he does either.

I wish him luck and I'm sure he will get it going again.. I myself don't make **** for money and I have to scrape every penny I earn just to build my current setup. I've got about $2k more to spend before it is done and I can say I bought it all myself with my own money. If it blows up when I crank it then I will just have to bite the bullet and start over.. But thats not gonna happen!!!
i feel you on that issue i still looking at aleast another $5000.00 or $6000.00 myself it hurts but well get there . this kind of looks like me thinking about this issue lol
Old 06-06-2006, 11:27 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Don't feel bad. I have the money and my car still isn't done!
Old 06-06-2006, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Don't feel bad. I have the money and my car still isn't done!

LOL yeah we know andy , aleast yours has a complete motor in it, by the way mike never told me how those brackets work for your fuel rails ? .. i am still waiting for my intake so i can finish my inercooler tubing and headers ..
Old 06-07-2006, 12:06 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

LOL yeah we know andy , aleast yours has a complete motor in it, by the way mike never told me how those brackets work for your fuel rails ? .. i am still waiting for my intake so i can finish my inercooler tubing and headers ..

The brackets work mint! THANKS!! I'm a little worried about the injector orings sealing under boost. I dropped it off today for the boost controller and the final dyno tune. It should be done tomorrow!! Mike said he wants to go out Saturday night cruising. I'll throw the other seat in it and go cause some trouble.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but isn't this just a case of "tuff luck" (no pun intended) I have had this kind of stuff happen to me quite a few times and never did anyone give me money to fix it. lol Its just life.. I wouldn't even take money from you guys if my engine blew up... Thats just kinda strange to me.

How about all of you guys that are sending money match the amount you sent and give it to a charity or someone in REAL need of something besides a engine for their race car.. There are people starving to death all over the world or living in homeless shelters or on the side of the road and you guys are giving money to a guy that doesn't even really need it.. I think that LME is going beyond the call and helping him out with parts discounts I'm sure and that in itself is more help than 99% of most other people would get..

I feel his pain and I am sorry that this unforunate crap happened to Tuff, but thats life and thats racing. Goodluck with your current situation Tuff.. And this is ONLY MY OPINION..
While that's all beautiful and all, why don't you sell your car, get a $1000 eco-friendly car that saves trees, and donate the rest to a charity? just a thought...
Old 06-07-2006, 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
While that's all beautiful and all, why don't you sell your car, get a $1000 eco-friendly car that saves trees, and donate the rest to a charity? just a thought...

such a funny guy.. I was just trying to prove a point cause there was some people acting like it was the end of the world when we all know things could be alot worse and are for some people.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:11 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by tim99ws6

Old 06-07-2006, 12:12 AM
10 Second Club

and its hard to get an econo car to drag the bumper off...
Old 06-07-2006, 12:14 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

such a funny guy.. I was just trying to prove a point cause there was some people acting like it was the end of the world when we all know things could be alot worse and are for some people.

Yea, I know. My statement was meant sarcastically, but didn't come out right. There are tree-huggers in my line of profession, so it gets to me with the whole "starving kids in Zimbabwa" statements i hear so many times. My thoughts are help those around you first, and it will filter outwards. I had $20 in my paypal account that i wasn't using, and right now, TUFF needs it more than me.

It's all good!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its been a while since I've posted here so I don't quite feel right posting my 2 cents on this, but I will do it anyway.

I hope Tuff gets up and rolling very shortly. It sounds like racing is a hobby he truely loves - even moreso than most of us I'm sure.

I think what 1QuickTA was just trying to point out is that we are talking about a guy that could afford a $5000+ shortblock here. Maybe he was "all in" on his car and blowing the short leaves him with nothing to fall back on. If so, I still must point out that he could afford such an amazing set up in the first place. I think 1QuickTA is just thinking the same way I am. I'm glad to see that you guys are so willing to help a buddy, but to put things in perspective I'm deploying soon and honestly have not been issued all the gear I need to insure that I can perform to 100% potential "out there," but I don't want any friends posting about how bad its been for me and asking for donations to help buy it because: 1) I woke up today 2) I was able to fill my stomach with good food 3) I had some A/C blowing in the house 4) My family and friends all love and care for me 5) I have a nice bed to sleep in tonight.

With that said, I sure hope Tuff gets it up and running - I really, really do. I'm sure it has to be heartbreaking, but even my little bit experience in turning wrenches and going "fast" has taught me that sometimes when you turn that key or press that pedal that you have to be prepared for a smile to be plastered on your face or your heart be broken by a pop and a "crunch."
Old 06-07-2006, 02:08 AM
Banned

OK, thanks for the rhetoric you two. Now are you guys gonna throw 5 bucks in Tuff's direction? If not, then please stop pointing out the obvious and send a donation to your favorite charity.

Have a nice day.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rubadubdub
OK, thanks for the rhetoric you two. Now are you guys gonna throw 5 bucks in Tuff's direction? If not, then please stop pointing out the obvious and send a donation to your favorite charity.

Have a nice day.
Amen!
Old 06-07-2006, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

by the way
Old 06-08-2006, 02:43 AM
Banned

TTT, cmon folks help Tuff out. One less Starbucks frap is all it takes.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:40 AM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Originally Posted by Rubadubdub
TTT, cmon folks help Tuff out. One less Starbucks frap is all it takes.
Thanks man, a few guys have been a big help.

Quick Reply: Blew my lme 408 shortblock