Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discussion on Darton sleeves being used by Cartek and LPE.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 07:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Discussion on Darton sleeves being used by Cartek and LPE.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nickn20:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by INTMD8:
<strong>Would it be possible to use these sleeves in an LT1 block? If so, what would be the largest possible bore diameter?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">no your block is iron, sleeves are for aluminum. all you have to do is bore your block, which is much cheaper.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The max safe bore on an LT1 is 4.04-4.05. I was interested in using these sleeves with a 4.125 bore.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:36 PM
SIR
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ed:

Keep us posted when Darton releases the 4.155 sleeve.
Old 11-21-2002, 12:07 AM
SIR
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are ARE,LPE and Cartek using the same or very similar process for getting the 4.125 resleeve with the Darton????

I am getting a good range of prices for the 4.125 resleeve, with ARE (like $400 lower..exhcange rates??)coming in on the lows and Cartek on the highs. LPE surprisingly in the middle.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:59 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SIR -
I checked on the 4.155" sleeve yesterday and found out we can do them now! it will still take 2 weeks to order them, but if you want to do a 4.155 block, we can do one for you now. As far as I know, our process is the same as Cartek, but ARE says theirs is different. Call me if you're interested.
Ed

Quick Reply: Discussion on Darton sleeves being used by Cartek and LPE.