Sponsored by:

My Engine Committed Suicide Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 08:33 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
Good job in that center console lid.
Thank you. I did my best, but those two small areas on the back kind of bother me.

Originally Posted by destroyer1362
Looks like its coming along nicely
I'm back running again.. out of my own pocket
I'm glad it is running, but that is absolute garbage. Why did they decide to deny your claim?

Originally Posted by brutalis
Bump for great justice. Any updates?
I'm on a spending hiatus as I'm worling on purchasing a home. The upside is that I'm looking to tie a large sum of money into my mortage to get the car very close to if not finished. Due to that and lack of motivation I haven't gotten anything more than cleaning out my garage done as of late.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:27 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Support the build and get some parts at a great price. I finally made it all the way through my garage and am ready to make some space: https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...-cleanout.html
Old 08-24-2011, 09:14 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

This may be old news and honestly it is not much in regards to directly working on the car. Most of what I've been working on now has been going through my garage, cleaning things, creating space, and attempting to sell everything not pertinent towards getting my car running.

I added a few new items to my for sale thread the other night and should be adding a lot of lab equipment as soon as I can finish my inventory. Here's a link to the thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...-cleanout.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7-18-11

I was working on finishing off the interior panels. I got my roommate to help me out some with the prep work and cutting some of the openings in the panels. We mowed out a good amount of work in a few hours. It was nice having some help.

Pics:

Old 08-24-2011, 09:21 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

7-19-11

I work from 6am-3pm ish about 4-5 days a week. I get up at 5am so by the time I get home I am usually pretty wrecked. Over the past month I've been trying to not take a nap in the afternoon and get something done in regards to working on my car or cleaning out my garage. Up to this point it has been going pretty well.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:26 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

7-20-11

More interior panels:

I haven't worked on the car since then as I was out of town for two weeks and am now working on creating space in the garage.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since 2007 holy @%%#&#
Old 09-04-2011, 07:11 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

^ Yep.

I'm going to go ahead and make this my 9000th post. I figure this would be the best place to put it. I actually forgot, but right before I left I started pulling off the truck related parts from my L92 engine. I'll post the pictures here shortly.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All those interior panels look great. I wish I had the time to do that
Old 09-04-2011, 09:09 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
All those interior panels look great. I wish I had the time to do that
Thank you. They are incredibly time consuming. I wish I had your motivation to get working on the car again. I might mess with it a little bit tomorrow, but we'll see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

8-2-11

I sold the truck oil pan, windage tray, and pickup tube off of the engine. I had to pull it all off before I went out of town on the 3rd. Here's a few blurry pictures of the bottom end of the engine.

The thing looks incredibly clean and I have no doubt that as advertised the engine has 8k miles. The plans now are to finish the interior parts of the car and order the rest of the engine components to get it ready to drop in.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
The plans now are to finish the interior parts of the car and order the rest of the engine components to get it ready to drop in.

So your finally going to be dropping in a motor? You're sooo close to being able to enjoy it man!

Nothing wrong with driving it in it's stages rather than waiting to drive it during the final product!
Old 09-09-2011, 07:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by reeperz28
Since 2007 holy @%%#&#
I know, right? I joined less than 1 month before he posted this thread.

At the time, I had my stock 3.8L V6 Firebird. I still have the car and I've been driving it daily with a grand total of 6 months of downtime to pull out the previous CARB/BAR legal LS1 swap (which was done in 3 days) and forge the engine internals using quality parts, replace the trans with a built one, etc., not to mention all of the suspension, appearance, and creature comfort mods that were done with almost no downtime.

This thread needs to get over itself. If I did a build thread like this it'd be 40+ pages by now. lololol

Hurry up, man! If I lived near you, I'd be knockin' on your garage door every day at 6PM to help you get this **** knocked out.

Last edited by ZexGX; 09-09-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:55 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by KrisXpc

So your finally going to be dropping in a motor? You're sooo close to being able to enjoy it man!

Nothing wrong with driving it in it's stages rather than waiting to drive it during the final product!
I'm SLOOOWWLLLYYYY getting there. I need to get cracking on it again as my 95 is on it's death bed. I need to order a bunch of parts, but I don't want to order anything until I can get some of the stuff I have in the garage on the car as I'm lacking space.

Now, if I can sell all of this high voltage and vacuum equipment... [SHAMELESS PLUG] Located here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/non-autom...al-more-n.html[/SHAMELESS PLUG] I'll order everything I need to finish the car tomorrow.

Originally Posted by ZexGX
I know, right? I joined less than 1 month before he posted this thread.

At the time, I had my stock 3.8L V6 Firebird. I still have the car and I've been driving it daily with a grand total of 6 months of downtime to pull out the previous CARB/BAR legal LS1 swap (which was done in 3 days) and forge the engine internals using quality parts, replace the trans with a built one, etc., not to mention all of the suspension, appearance, and creature comfort mods that were done with almost no downtime.

This thread needs to get over itself. If I did a build thread like this it'd be 40+ pages by now. lololol

Hurry up, man! If I lived near you, I'd be knockin' on your garage door every day at 6PM to help you get this **** knocked out.
I am by no means being disrespectful or rude, but some people don't have things as easy. I've had a lot of things almost completely derail this project multiple times; school, moving, losing my old job / being unemployed / having to sell all of my parts for the car, paying someone to work on the car who didn't, multiple stolen parts, people owing me large sums of money etc...

Kris, (KrisXPC) above had some very similar things happen to him in regards to a person who owned a shop where our cars were. Things have not gone smoothly the past few years. The fact that I still have the car and am slowly working on it is an achievement in itself. My 93 project, has not been so lucky.

I wish you lived closer then because I would love to have someone come help me work on the car. I get off of work every day at 3pm ish and have been trying to get something done in regards to cleaning out my garage, working on my DD, or this car every day. For the life of me though I can't get anyone I know to ever come and help me do anything. The only people who have ever helped me were my roommate for a few hours one day and my neighbor who's helped me push the car back in the garage three times.

I've never done 95% of this either so as I'm working I have to keep stopping to research things. I'd really like to have someone who's at least messed with something like this before to bounce ideas off of. Wishful thinking.... All of that constant stopping and starting slows down my progress immensely. After working on the same thing for two or three days I'll see other people doing similar tasks in a few hours and it gets discouraging. It took me almost a week to install my BLS headlights. It did turn out perfect and I was / am proud of it, but at the time it sucked.

In short... I need to get motivated, start working on the car again, and not let working at my own slow pace bother me. I'm going to try and shoot for Sunday as a return to productivity.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Kris, (KrisXPC) above had some very similar things happen to him in regards to a person who owned a shop where our cars were. Things have not gone smoothly the past few years.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=66972

This member stole over $12,000 from me while I was deployed to Iraq.. This is also the member that filed Tylers insurance claims for his car when the motor originally exploded and pocketed the money.. not to mention this person stole countless parts from Tyler and molested his car to get my car running and never paid him back.. sick sick person...

Lucky for him I moved out of state the month after everything happened.. I saved up enough money while on deployment that 12k wasn't as huge of a loss as it would be to me now..

For the sake of his kids, his failing marriage and the IRS breathing down his throat I moved on.. When someone owes as much as he did to the IRS the court room won't exactly get you your money with great haste..
Old 09-11-2011, 06:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

After everything i went through with the shop that screwed us i was ready to sell the car and move on to a new hobby so I of all people understand what Tyler has been through..

I also glad to see that you have a plan to finish now!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dam dude I had the same thing happen to be I just got a sevan Ws6 the motor did the same thing ur did I only had it for 2 months before the motor blew in the morning starting it up I didn't even rag on it that's the sad thing
Old 09-11-2011, 09:00 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=66972

This member stole over $12,000 from me while I was deployed to Iraq.. This is also the member that filed Tylers insurance claims for his car when the motor originally exploded and pocketed the money.. not to mention this person stole countless parts from Tyler and molested his car to get my car running and never paid him back.. sick sick person...

Lucky for him I moved out of state the month after everything happened.. I saved up enough money while on deployment that 12k wasn't as huge of a loss as it would be to me now..

For the sake of his kids, his failing marriage and the IRS breathing down his throat I moved on.. When someone owes as much as he did to the IRS the court room won't exactly get you your money with great haste..
I actually received the money through my insurance for filing the claim on the engine. I filed that claim and my insurance was extremely helpful in resolving the issue. He pocketed the insurance claim that he filed for someone breaking into the shop and stealing multiple parts. I lost my 6.0l bock, LS6 heads, a few interior parts from my 93, all of the keys to my cars. I ended up having to pay for the keys out of my pocket and just deal with losing those parts.

He took a lot of parts from me when he decided to move / close his shop. I was informed the day before they had to clean everything out that I needed to come down to pick up my stuff. Upon getting there everything was not where it used to be and no one could figure out / tell me where things went to. All of the interior parts and wiring harnesses from my 93 were gone along with all of the fasteners that I had labeled for the car. I'm also out the money that I originally paid him to order parts and work on the car which he never did. My car basically sat down there for about 2.5 years with nothing done to it.

After everything i went through with the shop that screwed us i was ready to sell the car and move on to a new hobby so I of all people understand what Tyler has been through..

I also glad to see that you have a plan to finish now!
I never planned on selling the car, but I knew it would take a long time to get it running. Dealing with all of that along with other things I listed above just added to the time. At this point in time I just kind of wish I had sold it back when it blew up as I now have multiple years of work, frustration, and nearly $20K into a car that doesn't run. Finishing this project has become the largest goal in my life right now and sometimes I feel that I don't need that burden. I will get the car done though and as I said before I'm slowly getting there. I think the day I get it running and start clearing out all of the remaining parts from my garage will be one of the best in my life so far.

Originally Posted by bigantws6
Dam dude I had the same thing happen to be I just got a sevan Ws6 the motor did the same thing ur did I only had it for 2 months before the motor blew in the morning starting it up I didn't even rag on it that's the sad thing
Welcome to the unfortunate club. I bought mine February 23rd, 2007 and it blew up June 3rd, 2007. I saved every bit of money from the time I started working at 16 to get the car and it tanked shortly after I bought it. It was a sickening feeling.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

I wasted that much of my life and its still not running! damn you!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Teching In

if this would happen to my ss i would hydrolock my car in a heart beat hahah jk this was a good read masn keep up the hard work
Old 09-12-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea i got mine in July of this year and went out on me at the first of this month but im already building my new engine just want to keep mine stock not trying to race just have a nice ws6
Old 09-15-2011, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Build man what else is next on your list??
Anymore up dates on the interior wrap? How many yards of Ft did you get? & what materials you using? I'm looking to do the same into my interior w/black Vinyl.

Quick Reply: My Engine Committed Suicide Yesterday