Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail order firms

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mail order firms

Why is it that mail order firms take your money promising that they can meet the delivering date then when it comes close to the date they email you and say:
Sorry but the parts you've payed for aren't in stock and are on back order and we can't give you a delivery date

So everyone would agree: you email them back say ok when's the shipping date going to be answer we haven't a clue could be 2months for a off the shelf clutch I think this is unexpectable

JEGS you know who you are
Old 07-01-2013, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

Am I the only person who is pissed of with this kind of service ?

Every person on this forum works hard every day to save and pay for our hobby

Why is it so hard to get what we've worked hard for saved hard for ?
Old 07-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Launching!

Jegs actually charges you before an item ships? Summit doesn't.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSellers
Jegs actually charges you before an item ships? Summit doesn't.
I've ordered parts from summit and they're faultless they say a date and every part I've ever orderd has been shipped when they say it will the same for a lot of other firms have shipped on the date stated on there web site

Iam in England but I deal with people all over Europe if I don't deliver on my promise they go else where

That's what's frustrates me. If I was ordering a bespoke item I could understand but iam not. Iam ordering a off the shelf item and for a. Firm to take my money and not live up to the promise can be very damgeing for people like me
Old 07-03-2013, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Take stainless works payed the money and the parts are on the way lovely people to deal with very help full
Old 07-03-2013, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have had 2 orders with Jegs. The first went without a hitch, the 2nd I am going through the same thing as you right now. They have given me 3 dates now when the item is expected to ship. I paid for the goods and air freight on 30 May for a Fuel Lab inline filter and 1-way valve. Latest date is 10 July, so I told them I am not a happy customer.

To their credit they do answer emails, and this last time she actually called the vendor direct and confirmed they expected to meet the 3rd date of 10 July. We will see.

Jegs at least communicate. Midway Auto Supply on the other hand - what a pack of useless bastards those idiots are. I walked away in the end and wrote off my money after spending 6 months trying to get a prepaid order through or a refund. If the amount had been larger I'd have paid good money to teach them a lesson - but meh - this industry is full of clowns.

Katech on the other hand - I just ordered about 10 things from 10 different suppliers on the same day - Katech were first to deliver. Had their box on my desk in 4 days including over a weekend - from 12,000 miles away! Very impressed and Katech will get more business from me! Jason - you are a legend.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bazman
Have had 2 orders with Jegs. The first went without a hitch, the 2nd I am going through the same thing as you right now. They have given me 3 dates now when the item is expected to ship. I paid for the goods and air freight on 30 May for a Fuel Lab inline filter and 1-way valve. Latest date is 10 July, so I told them I am not a happy customer.

To their credit they do answer emails, and this last time she actually called the vendor direct and confirmed they expected to meet the 3rd date of 10 July. We will see.

Jegs at least communicate. Midway Auto Supply on the other hand - what a pack of useless bastards those idiots are. I walked away in the end and wrote off my money after spending 6 months trying to get a prepaid order through or a refund. If the amount had been larger I'd have paid good money to teach them a lesson - but meh - this industry is full of clowns.

Katech on the other hand - I just ordered about 10 things from 10 different suppliers on the same day - Katech were first to deliver. Had their box on my desk in 4 days including over a weekend - from 12,000 miles away! Very impressed and Katech will get more business from me! Jason - you are a legend.
It shouldn't be this way if they haven't got it in stock why not say
If your building a car it's a great feeling when your close to the finish but if you've payed for a part and it doesn't turn up and it's the last part of a big puzzle it puts a hole downer on the hole process
Old 07-07-2013, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear you and hope you get your stuff quickly. Hoping I don't have the same problem, I'm still waiting on some parts to swap out my LS1 for an LS3 and have a track day on August 9th so the clock is ticking.

Modding cars requires patience. When I first turbo'd my LS1 it was to be my Christmas present to myself - I'd always wanted to turbocharge a V8 and this was my first. It'd had been dyno'd and everything was great, and I was to pick it up as my tuner broke up for Xmas. Last day of work for them. I get a phone call around 1pm, my tuner almost in tears. Said he noticed some water marks on the block. Could not tell if fresh or not but did not want to risk me taking it should it blow a head gasket. Was bummed out, but he had done all he could and could have lied about it and I'd have just thought **** happens. Got the car after the holidays and it was worth the wait.

BTW - the issue was Felpro gaskets - they suck for boost. We went to Cometic.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hsvgtsr
Why is it that mail order firms take your money promising that they can meet the delivering date then when it comes close to the date they email you and say:
Sorry but the parts you've payed for aren't in stock and are on back order and we can't give you a delivery date

So everyone would agree: you email them back say ok when's the shipping date going to be answer we haven't a clue could be 2months for a off the shelf clutch I think this is unexpectable

JEGS you know who you are
Not to jump in and defend anybody, but this whole industry has been very messed up since the economic downturn which started in 2008. Suppliers aren't spending the money to put products and raw materials on the shelf. This just-in-time industry method combined with a reluctance to work overtime in a down economy makes for long backorders. Many things in this market touch many hands before they go to the end user and any slow down in the chain trickles all the way down to the bottom. Often times you can't promise an in-stock date to a customer because your supplier can't give you a firm answer when they can deliver your product, raw material or sub-component of another assembly. It can be very frustrating when you have a customer who just wants some answers and are unable to give them. If you guess then it's all on you if you make that delivery even though you have absolutely nothing to do with when it gets done. For this reason we try to do as much as we can in-house because we can control when it gets done, but it's not possible for every single item.

Originally Posted by Bazman

Thanks again.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

I can understand delays but don't take someone's hard earned cash when you know you can't deliver when you say you can a bit of clarity in the order process is all that's needed if explained at the beginning far enough give the customer the chance to shop about to see if anyone else acturley has it in stock like they say over here in little old England mail order firms only sell what try have in stock and they tell you whether it's in stock or there just the middle man
Old 07-09-2013, 07:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

All you have to do is pick up the ******* phone and call them. I guarantee you'll know exactly what they do and don't have in stock, too. Neither Jegs nor any other place manages OTHER COMPANIES' INVENTORIES AND SHIPPING SCHEDULES. Some people.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DietCoke
All you have to do is pick up the ******* phone and call them. I guarantee you'll know exactly what they do and don't have in stock, too. Neither Jegs nor any other place manages OTHER COMPANIES' INVENTORIES AND SHIPPING SCHEDULES. Some people.

It would be easy picking up the ******* phone if you live in the us but if you don't its a pain in the **** which is why websites should be truthful

And my point when I started this thread was don't take people's money when you can't surply the parts

And on the front of supplying the parts that JEGs said are on back order it amazes me that the next firm I try can get them and there on there way to me now when JEGs said its a 2 month wait before they could even give me a shipping date

Now I don't want to sound negative but am I right in being a little pissed off
Old 07-17-2013, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Becouse iam across the pond from the states I find it hard to find a parts surpllier who can deliver what I want at a time that I want

Iam happy to say that Brent @ nook and tranny is the bolloxs he does his research on the parts gets the parts and ships the parts with no hassle at all

All in all the most helpfull bloke I've ever met who is envolved in the aftermarket parts industry

Quick Reply: Mail order firms