Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

PI heads and rocker arm options

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PI heads and rocker arm options

I was gonna use ls3 style rocker on my PI heads i got last year, but does anyone know if t&d or jesel make specific rockers for these heads?
Old 07-10-2011, 08:04 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Both T&D and Jesel make rockers for the PIS/Mast heads.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone using stock rockers.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Anyone have part #'s for either? I'm having a tough time trying to find them.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Question

does anyone know the part numbers for rockers to fit these heads from jesel or t&d?
Old 07-21-2011, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry what are PI heads? I know Scorpion and Yella Terra make ls3 rocker arms if that helps.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the LS7 LSR PI heads with T&Ds. Just call up T&D and ask them. I forgot the part number.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by matrixiskool
Sorry what are PI heads? I know Scorpion and Yella Terra make ls3 rocker arms if that helps.
Perfermance Induction is the company that originally sold/made masts heads.

Originally Posted by Gordon0652
I've got the LS7 LSR PI heads with T&Ds. Just call up T&D and ask them. I forgot the part number.
I was able to finally get a hold of T&D. They were a big help and was given the correct pn. I called and emailed Mast a bunch of times over last 2 weeks with no response. Jesel told me that they were on the process of making the rockers still and currently weren't available. Trying to get any pm's replied to by sponsors on here for me has been unsuccessful.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-28 DISASTER
Perfermance Induction is the company that originally sold/made masts heads.
You have that a little backwards.

It actually started as ET where Cary worked, then Cary bought all the LS product and started Performance Induction Specialties and continued developing product, then that company was bought by Mast and Cary heads up the Mast head program for them.

http://www.mastmotorsports.com/2010/news-view.php?id=66

I will also add I have stock LS7 rockers on my 275cc Cathedral PI heads with .670" lift and hydraulic lifters. My motor will be running next week, but I bought my entire top end(heads, rockers, lifters, pushrods and cam) from an HKE motor that made big NA power.

Last edited by RAMPANT; 07-23-2011 at 05:38 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
You have that a little backwards.

It actually started as ET where Cary worked, then Cary bought all the LS product and started Performance Induction Specialties and continued developing product, then that company was bought by Mast and Cary heads up the Mast head program for them.

http://www.mastmotorsports.com/2010/news-view.php?id=66

I will also add I have stock LS7 rockers on my 275cc Cathedral PI heads with .670" lift and hydraulic lifters. My motor will be running next week, but I bought my entire top end(heads, rockers, lifters, pushrods and cam) from an HKE motor that made big NA power.
I do know about his work at ET and the head design there. I only gave a very short version of the PI head history. Several of my friends have used ET heads over the years, and I am unsure of the exact history but i believe RHS casted the ET heads. Then again i really don't know exactly what went down. But i do know that the design makes a ton of power and works really well.

I am running rpm's over 8500 with 2 big stages of n20 so I want a full roller rocker. Stock rockers will work but at those rpm's and power level i feel it warrants better valvetrain components.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-28 DISASTER
I do know about his work at ET and the head design there. I only gave a very short version of the PI head history. Several of my friends have used ET heads over the years, and I am unsure of the exact history but i believe RHS casted the ET heads. Then again i really don't know exactly what went down. But i do know that the design makes a ton of power and works really well.

I am running rpm's over 8500 with 2 big stages of n20 so I want a full roller rocker. Stock rockers will work but at those rpm's and power level i feel it warrants better valvetrain components.
Gottcha!

I would do the same if I were you. The stockers will not be revving like that at all, though they made close to 750 fwhp. I had Mohawks on my TEA 245s, but only rev to 7k. I did not want to re invest that coin a 2nd time for the PI heads if I could avoid it. 750 hp is plenty for me.

Sounds like a killer set up.

Quick Reply: PI heads and rocker arm options