Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Cam Motion Low Lash Solid roller FRH LS3 ported heads 542whp/484wtq

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's a PGLL lobe? Is that another cam companies low lash design? As far as I am aware Kip's lobe is propriety to cam motion and a very recent design.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by high impact
What's a PGLL lobe? Is that another cam companies low lash design? As far as I am aware Kip's lobe is propriety to cam motion and a very recent design.
From Danny Griffin at Cam Motion and yes is propriety and same question to you, what solid lifter did you go with, peace David.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

Morel link bar ultra pro. I was concerned about oil return so I didn't want to use trays.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carbuff
Would someone educate me on what it means to have a Low Lash solid roller? I've had an old-school solid roller before where I set hot lash on the rockers. Is the procedure the same with a 'low lash' setup? And if so, I presume that means that adjustable rockers are required?

Seems a simple question, but I'm curious if there is any difference vs. what I'm familiar with on the regular solid rollers...
Quick answer you can make the lobe much softer. You don't need all that clearance that just makes you valve train flop around and beat itself up. I will make a new post about this soon.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"I will make a new post about this soon."

From what I have read this has been about aluminum blocks and heads that expand when warm to create the needed clearances. The cold lash is set to about .000". How about those motors with iron blocks and aluminum heads including the SBC? What would you set the cold lash at?
Old 03-28-2015, 02:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1989GTA
"I will make a new post about this soon."

From what I have read this has been about aluminum blocks and heads that expand when warm to create the needed clearances. The cold lash is set to about .000". How about those motors with iron blocks and aluminum heads including the SBC? What would you set the cold lash at?
On the iron block with aluminum heads LS SBC BBC 351W it doesnot matter on those Low Lash Solids I like about .006 to .008 at the valve depending on the rocker ratio. I would like that on the all aluminum engines but they grow to much so a slight preload will net about .008 to .010 even at .010 lash the valves are very quite😃
Old 03-28-2015, 04:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CAMSTER
Sound of choice music Sick, love that tune lol what compression, mufflers and roller lifters did you go with.
lol. I'm running stock compression 10.7. Exhaust is 3" Corsa, and roller rockers are Jesel Sportsmans.

Originally Posted by speedtigger
The Cam Motion LLR is one of the best purchases I have made since getting into LS engines. Quiet valve train and more power. Win.
Originally Posted by high impact
I am another low lash solid roller lover. LOL I will start a new thread soon also. I just got off the dyno with a new turbo build and made 871 rwhp on a conservative tune and a boost controller that wasn't cooperating. You will not regret buying Kip's LLSR
I enjoyed your thread a lot Speedtigger. Thanks for putting in the time. High impact, I enjoyed listening to your car idle on youtube. lol
Originally Posted by carbuff
Thanx. Are there any reasonably priced options for adjustable rockers which are preferred for these setups?

The second comment is interesting. Quiet? Not sure I would have expected that. Makes me almost wish I had read this about a month ago when selecting my cam. Almost...
I'll post a video here in a minute with the valve covers off. It's really something you have to see in person. T&D and Jesel sportsman rockers seem to be Kip's preferred rockers. I think they're both in the $1000-$1400 range.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Old 03-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Quick vid down the street. Was hoping I could drive it to the dyno, but running a little leaner than I'd like. Time for the trailer. Hopefully I can get some dyno time here soon. Haven't had much luck looking the past month.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive spoken to Kip about LLSR maybe 6-8 months ago during the planning stage of my build. I still can't see switching to this makes more power, unless the specs will be a lot bigger or something than my custom HR by Martin@Tick
Old 03-29-2015, 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BOLO
Ive spoken to Kip about LLSR maybe 6-8 months ago during the planning stage of my build. I still can't see switching to this makes more power, unless the specs will be a lot bigger or something than my custom HR by Martin@Tick
Here are the advantages. Compair LL Roller ves HYD cam same spec at the valve are as close as possible. Advantage more rpms will go into a light valve float and keep revving.More acceleration through out the rpm range. Quiter valve train no tapping. No worry about collapsing a lifter after a hard run and waiting for it to pump up. The solid can be made much more aggressive if wanted. You must run good rockers with solid roller so With the roller rocker tips you will have less valve guide ware. Higher lifts if you choose. A hydrolic cam is fine they can out run a solid if you have a better combination. It's your choice. But it money is not a issue then it's the SOLID for me👍
Old 03-29-2015, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Sounds nasty op. I may go the llsl on my ls7 when I cam it.....if I ever put it in.....lol
Old 03-29-2015, 03:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kip Fabre
Here are the advantages. Compair LL Roller ves HYD cam same spec at the valve are as close as possible. Advantage more rpms will go into a light valve float and keep revving.More acceleration through out the rpm range. Quiter valve train no tapping. No worry about collapsing a lifter after a hard run and waiting for it to pump up. The solid can be made much more aggressive if wanted. You must run good rockers with solid roller so With the roller rocker tips you will have less valve guide ware. Higher lifts if you choose. A hydrolic cam is fine they can out run a solid if you have a better combination. It's your choice. But it money is not a issue then it's the SOLID for me👍
Sounding better and better to me Kip. OP, I apologized for hijacking the thread.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

sorry I'm a newb, but what do you need to do to convert it to solid roller?
cams?
lifters?
Old 03-29-2015, 05:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BOLO
Sounding better and better to me Kip. OP, I apologized for hijacking the thread.
Don't worry about that. That's exactly what this thread is for. I want more people to know about it. I haven't had much luck getting a hold of anyone that would rent their dyno. I'm dropped the car off at broadview auto and am going to let John there tune it. I wanted to let Steve at Frost tuning do the car this time around, but I've tried getting ahold of him for awhile now.

I've got too many projects starting this week to really mess with the car anymore myself. I have a turbine replacement starting in two more weeks. Going to be a busy summer.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by laurentj23
sorry I'm a newb, but what do you need to do to convert it to solid roller?
cams?
lifters?
Cam,lifters push rods yours may work a good set of adjustable rocker arms. If you have up graded to good springs they may work if not a good set of springs. Depending on the rockers you may need valve covers that clear the rockers.
Gaskets. Timing set depends on what you have now. That it. It's can get a little pricie. Solid verses a Hydrolic the Solid will be about 700 to 1200 more depending on rockers and lifters you choose.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:59 PM
Launching!

I'm smiling from ear to ear. 542/484 ...Car made 475ish/438ish on this same dyno.
Stock compression. Stock bore. Ls3.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Old 03-30-2015, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1sick_eg
I'm smiling from ear to ear. 542/484 ...Car made 475ish/438ish on this same dyno.
Stock compression. Stock bore. Ls3.
Congrats! Those are STOUT numbers for stock displacement/compression. That FRH and LLSR combination apparently works well.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blackz97
Congrats! Those are STOUT numbers for stock displacement/compression. That FRH and LLSR combination apparently works well.
Thank you sir. I didn't plan on taking it to the track, but now I feel the need to get some ETs for everyone to back it up.

Quick Reply: Cam Motion Low Lash Solid roller FRH LS3 ported heads 542whp/484wtq