Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Cam Motion Low Lash Solid roller FRH LS3 ported heads 542whp/484wtq

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 02:55 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll put it this way.....I KNOW I got 700fwhp with a solid roller with the ability to run A/c...Martin made it specifically with a higher lift and be able to run A/c with a 4000 stall and 3.91. Going in the garage to map out hooking up the A/c it's gotten to Hot in Houston. I haven't had any problems besides buying the wrong springs, didn't go back thru my emails, Martin gave me spring references.

But here's the lesson I would like to be shown, most of the people with Ls3 heads really do Not need Nothing other than some port work and a Good cam. With money left to buy the kids some cake and ice cream.
Try pricing a aftermarket combo with the same results.
If you got money to just spend then its fine but, for those on a tight budget and are on the edge on which to go with here's what I've been knowing all along. And the numbers are getting better and better with the Correct cam choice.

Last edited by lil john; 03-31-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Valve control.

It's all about feeding the pistons demand for airflow, and doing it at the RIGHT time.

When the lifter can't supply the valve with the appropriate lift and duration at the time the cylinder is demanding it's airflow(especially at high RPM where CFM demand is highest), power will never continue to climb or even stay constant. It will fall off like a sack of bricks.

Since the solid lifter doesn't have to pump up, bleed down, hold lift etc etc etc it doesn't have to contend with this issue of valve motion not matching what the tappet is doing. The solid lifter transfers every bit of tappet motion into valve motion and gives the valve the duration and lift it needs when it needs it.

If the cam profile is right, a solid will blow a hydraulic roller out of the water in power production. It will peak at a higher RPM, be more stable to a higher RPM and cylinder pressure will be higher resulting in the torque figures seen here, even with lower compression.
VALVE CONTROL. I like that! One of the reason that made me decide to go SOLID.

Again to the OP, Great results!
Old 04-02-2015, 06:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOLO
VALVE CONTROL. I like that! One of the reason that made me decide to go SOLID.

Again to the OP, Great results!

Glad you made the switch Can't wait to see how your's runs. I really wish I could fit that intake of yours under my hood.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:35 AM
Banned

We can make everyone a solid roller guy 1 cam @ a time.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lil john
We can make everyone a solid roller guy 1 cam @ a time.
I'm certainly going to try.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1sick_eg
Glad you made the switch Can't wait to see how your's runs. I really wish I could fit that intake of yours under my hood.
Thanks to your results, and other members here as well as Martin and Kip that made me decide to switch. i'm sure I won't regret it.
You can run a single plane, all you need is swap in an aftermarket hood. Check to see if VFN has already molded one for your car. I would not be building this motor if I wasn't going to run the LS7 MAST single plane intake to go along with their heads.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BOLO
Thanks to your results, and other members here as well as Martin and Kip that made me decide to switch. i'm sure I won't regret it.
You can run a single plane, all you need is swap in an aftermarket hood. Check to see if VFN has already molded one for your car. I would not be building this motor if I wasn't going to run the LS7 MAST single plane intake to go along with their heads.
Well, if I decide to make this a strip/street car instead of my original goal of the road course, I certainly may do that. I know I could pick up a copo style hood for a decent price. It looks like I'm already headed that direction. That's what I grew up doing, and that's all my friends do honestly. Except they're still driving honda's lol. Granted, they run 8-9 seconds @ 155-175mph, so I can't give em' too much grief.

I've done a couple of hpde events and loved it, but I love anywhere I get to go fast. I just thinking hitting corners at high speed are a little more fun.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

I didn't see it listed... which lifters are you using?
Old 04-02-2015, 12:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JimMueller
I didn't see it listed... which lifters are you using?
I may have missed it. Morel 4737 drop ins with new trays.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:53 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Man... STOUT!!

I'm getting left behind now! I've really gotta finish up my parts list and pick an intake manifold.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Finally got to drive the car tonight and holy cow is it insane. 1-3 at virtually any rpm will break loose.

I took it to the local 1/8 mile, and boy was that a disappointment. I ran better times stock. The car blew off first and second, and middle to top of third would break loose and point left towards the wall. I tried to make 3 passes, but I couldn't get a single clean pass in. I had to let out at the top of third everytime and coast the rest of the track. Best mph was 87mph, but I let out at about 3/4 of the track. I can easily see a 98+mph pass if I could get some traction.

Going to look at some clutches and bushings tonight.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:23 PM
Banned

did you really think that it was going to hook up. You got over 600 fwhp and 540 foot pounds of torque on a virtually stock suspension and no Slicks.

But wasn't it fun.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lil john
did you really think that it was going to hook up. You got over 600 fwhp and 540 foot pounds of torque on a virtually stock suspension and no Slicks.

But wasn't it fun.
Lol not really. Wishful thinking I guess. Car is going to be a blast on a tire. Feels good already, but it's just not putting the power to the ground.

Cam Motion Low Lash Solid Roller ls3: https://youtu.be/aLOzUAKMeuA

Last edited by 1sick_eg; 04-02-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:41 PM
Teching In

Lol not really. Wishful thinking I guess. Car is going to be a blast on a tire. Feels good already, but it's just not putting the power to the ground.

Cam Motion Low Lash Solid Roller ls3: https://youtu.be/aLOzUAKMeuA
How high are you taking it into the revs?
Old 04-03-2015, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Pix...

Hey Sick no picture of front of your car or engine bay even after four post pages wasap...tread us.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blackz97
How high are you taking it into the revs?
6850 right now. I could take it to 7 or higher, but I'm happy with where it's at currently.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Man... STOUT!!

I'm getting left behind now! I've really gotta finish up my parts list and pick an intake manifold.
Thanks whigham! I was hoping to get some decent mph numbers last night, but I don't know what I was thinking honestly.

Originally Posted by CAMSTER
Hey Sick no picture of front of your car or engine bay even after four post pages wasap...tread us.
Now how did I manage that?
Old 04-03-2015, 08:21 AM
Launching!

Starting to relocate my coilpacks
Old 04-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Launching!

Looking at some 17x10 welds. May order a set and some slicks this weekend. That, and some bushings for the rear to eliminate the wheel hop. I figure I can get some life out of the stock clutch, or at least a better chance, just running a slick and the track instead of a radial.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:07 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Looking at some 17x10 welds. May order a set and some slicks this weekend. That, and some bushings for the rear to eliminate the wheel hop. I figure I can get some life out of the stock clutch, or at least a better chance, just running a slick and the track instead of a radial.
What bushings in the rear? The control arms? I've got a full Prothane Total Kit I need to get around to installing.

Do you have a trans / diff brace and girdle yet?

Quick Reply: Cam Motion Low Lash Solid roller FRH LS3 ported heads 542whp/484wtq