Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Wiseco Boost Line Rods made in Taiwan??

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wiseco Boost Line Rods made in Taiwan??

Does anyone have experience with the wiseco boost like rods? I just got mine and noticed they are made in Taiwan. Worries me to build something with inferior parts. Has anyone ran them?

Pros?
Cons?
Old 08-07-2017, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

Anything you buy forged don't care if it says made in America or not, the odds are the billet was done in either ROK/Tiawan or China, if they rough it out there and bring it in and finish it here its American made.. OSHA and the EPA rules make it almost impossible to mass produce forgings here.. The vendor has to send a rep to the source country and they follow the metal from the scrap yard to the outbound port.. Probably exceptions,, but I bet they are few and far between..
Old 08-07-2017, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead
Anything you buy forged don't care if it says made in America or not, the odds are the billet was done in either ROK/Tiawan or China, if they rough it out there and bring it in and finish it here its American made.. OSHA and the EPA rules make it almost impossible to mass produce forgings here.. The vendor has to send a rep to the source country and they follow the metal from the scrap yard to the outbound port.. Probably exceptions,, but I bet they are few and far between..
I just want to make sure I don't have problems. Can't build an engine with peace of mind knowing something will be low grade.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mannyman84
I just want to make sure I don't have problems. Can't build an engine with peace of mind knowing something will be low grade.
How do you automatically know it's inferior and low grade? I suspect your computer wasn't made in USA either.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
How do you automatically know it's inferior and low grade? I suspect your computer wasn't made in USA either.
Computer couple hundred.
Engine couple grand. Upwards of 10k plus. Yeah great comparison.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:39 AM
ModSquad

Received 3,419 Likes on 2,110 Posts

Originally Posted by mannyman84
I don't believe you've made a poor choice on your rods. They are a nice unit. You could have bought a much cheaper (inexpensive...) rod, and those cheaper rods hold a lot of power. I'm assembling a 434" currently, and I'm using Callie's rods (chinese rods), with confidence. Have your machinist check them for roundness, don't overtorque them on installation, and run the thing.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:10 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

I wouldn't consider anything Wiseco puts their name on to be inferior parts.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I feel a bit more at ease. Just wasn't sure if everyone else does it or it was just these wiseco rods. I have their pistons too and don't remember them saying they were Chinese or Taiwanese
Old 08-09-2017, 07:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

There are 2 types of "Made in China" parts. Timken (for example) has facilities in China they own and make bearings under the Timken name. The bearings are not outsourced. They are manufactured in China by Timken using their specifications.

The other "Made in China" option is the not-so-good option. This is when a company outsources items to be made in China because it is cheap and they do not have the resources to set-up shop over there. You could be getting a quality product if the manufacturer is involved with the product step by step. You could also be getting a POS is they outsource it, ship it to the USA, then sell it without any quality checks.

I highly doubt Wiseco is buying them outsourced and just peddling them in the USA. They have too good of a reputation to tarnish.

Quick Reply: Wiseco Boost Line Rods made in Taiwan??