Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

EMC similar format with *New info & products*

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 01:55 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not going to go off on you ,but I can say this your full of BS! Your a hater Fact! I didn't ask or pay for any BS your saying or even ask for it. Yet you got BS. KCS posted about G.Good stuff the other guy who remains nameless told me to post about the canted Ls3 heads and etc. Yet you hate with BS. The quote is from a guy I like. So Who asked you what you think or feel about a job. I don't have time to go on back and forth....I'm not into feminine tongue wrestling.

If everyone knows about some of this stuff good for them. What about those Who don't know?...Look at the thread count Dummy. Not everyone researches or has the time to know or find new stuff. Or get personal emails / facebook stuff. Go make another New Year's resolution to not be so feminine. If you have nothing good to say Keep your mouth shut and stay on your overpopulated bandwagon. This is a forum for anyone to talk,or post if you don't like my thread who asked you to even come and read it. Just that simple...It's ok I have no problem with a hater. Do what you do with your simple as. If you don't like what I'm doing just pass the thread up that simple. No you can't or won't do that cause your a hater. Yea you'll come back with a response yet you don't like the thread...Sounds like what people?

Last edited by Patron; 01-01-2018 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,156 Likes on 2,463 Posts

Patron, the internet is wide open. Anyone can find out anything they want. And when it comes to the LS world, they come here and find it, whether or not it comes from you. Buddy, I don't hate you or anyone else! You want to call me a hater, it's really extreme, but you are making the call. Hate is very extreme, and something I do not do. You call what I say BS, well that's your call too. Not saying you are right by any means. Fact is, you don't like what I say and you're butt-hurt. It's truth as I know it, and the truth hurts sometimes.
When I research a project I can always find what I need, even if I have to look in some pretty weird places. I don't need one person in one forum to fill me in.
You're pissed. You'll get over it.
PS- I just read my previous post(had to go back a page). Not a single malicious hateful word in it. It's not what I do. You don't like it because it disagrees with you. I notice you get riled whenever that happens. You consider yourself an authority on some things. Maybe you are, but there are others. So get off your pedestal.

Last edited by G Atsma; 01-01-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:17 PM
Banned

easy question why you still talking... i don't have time for BS little buddy life is too short. I just post things that are new and some may or may not know. That's your truth it's not liked by me so keep it to oneself. I have no FEELINGS that's been gone a LONG time ago doing what I use to do & known for doing..... just don't like BS that I didn't Pay for or ask for.
G your cool in my book but to ask why I post is like breathing. If I see it and it's new to me I gotta tell tech,YB,Speedtalk etc.. Hell I didn't even know of Canted valve Ls3 heads till I was told. Come on man get off the gas and pump your brakes.

Last edited by Patron; 01-01-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

OK, fair enough. You are right. Life IS too short! Have a great New Year!
Old 01-01-2018, 02:43 PM
Banned

I'm not tripping just wanna find the engine I'd like to build that has all my wants if I'm gonna really spend $ the 408 is chump change...I'm still looking but may have to Accept it won't be a Ls engine but I LOVE the blueprint. Again Love the LS blueprint...I'm stuck on 4.300 bore small blocks*thinking Dart with Rox7 heads from Racing junk.com or Fleabay*.... I may sell this 5.3 block Tuskey Z got for me or make it a table... I hate selling stuff. It'll be a table. I know I'm a little throwed off.... Happy New Year to you,your family and Everyone here on Tech.

Last edited by Patron; 01-01-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:09 PM
Banned

Tomorrow I'll go to the shop and switch the $ on sleeves to a Iron Eagle sbc. I'll ponder on this the rest of the day. I hate it but must accept it the aftermarket can't keep up with what I think about. Still call Richard Maskins to ask .......
Old 01-01-2018, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

So true! Well, you and I both know the aftermarket will only do stuff IF there is sufficient demand, and they can make a buck or two on it. Just business as it should be! So if you want it and it ain't there, gotta roll yer own or find someone that can!
Old 01-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Banned

That's what pisses me off only rich can have this or that..... as you may know I'll find a loophole. Or they'll make a product only certain people can use. I would have done Ls CT heads - DR heads yet I'd have to buy Titanium valves because of length with a custom port program for a small bore I was $4k just in heads without parts. Lsx-r also for the 408 it just got to be so much I said hell I may as well make my own and did. I think after watching and looking over Chris's build I could and would be happy not that much HP or RPM but with the best design in parts. I'll just need to add up the cost and I'll have all the things I want and like. G think about this one you have over 5-7 vendors who sell Ls7 heads with small insignificant changes here and there one's 11 degrees the other has this or that..But we know canted is the way. Who's BSing who.?
Old 01-01-2018, 03:49 PM
Banned

Tomorrow Richard will let me know if I've moved on.... I'm already packing as I already know what's going to be said. But gotta try...The only Dumb ? is the one not asked. Not leaving tech but will no longer worry or think about a larger LSX build. A 5.3 big bore aluminum block with HP on the street.... the block moves around TOO much to be called reliable. I'm asking 900 or better, heck I can just stick with what Lance said about the 408 making 800+. I've got Everything already..

Last edited by Patron; 01-01-2018 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:55 PM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

Originally Posted by G Atsma
What is the real point of this thread? Besides Patron doing a LOT of talking to himself?
There is a lot of good info in here that you don't find in the more common threads. He's not starting crap like some of the more argumentative guys.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Hello
Old 01-01-2018, 08:08 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,582 Likes on 2,202 Posts

Originally Posted by Patron
Tomorrow Richard will let me know if I've moved on.... I'm already packing as I already know what's going to be said. But gotta try...The only Dumb ? is the one not asked. Not leaving tech but will no longer worry or think about a larger LSX build. A 5.3 big bore aluminum block with HP on the street.... the block moves around TOO much to be called reliable. I'm asking 900 or better, heck I can just stick with what Lance said about the 408 making 800+. I've got Everything already..
Patron, have you thought about using the iron lsx block? Talk to Steve at RED about what can be done with this piece. It’s beefy.
Not sure what your wanting to $pend here. There are a stack of ROX7 engines right up the road from me. They are as raced, but complete. Blocks themselves worth a fortune...bigger bore centers as you well know. Compacted graphite is crazy light and very strong. Pm me if your interested. I’m friends with Chase.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:43 PM
Banned

Che70velle...I've talked to everyone you can think of From Warren Johnson who told me the stuff GM didn't use on there blocks and why not to use it, to whomever I need to find Proline,BES,WCCH etc..smaller names you'd never heard of yet make Big #'s even my Favorite: ER Racing aka Toddwedidit on YB. You can ask only so much and with what I know I'm asking a lot. The bigger bore is the tip and the heads are the bottom. Everything else if Jim sells it I get it WHOLESALE if he's a vendor. This is my 4th engine and I read all night to research parts. What I've found out is this bigger bore with a little bit of stroke goes a long way. But when it come to what I love being heads stuff gets in the way & adds in the cost. Yet we know what works. I'm not rich by no means but will buy part buy part and work it. I've got a 408 that makes what some say is hp 740+ yet made my own heads for 850+ on pump gas with the same engine(just need cam,rockers and springs for the LS7 heads. Everything else is top of the line beside the LQ4 block and Factory Ls3 heads). This is what I like to do but sometimes your shooting or beating a dead horse. If anything I'll get a new block and do as normal piece it together. I love to spec, buy and build it keeps my out of trouble or *better said doing this is therapy for me.* Did you catch the one post where I said I've asked STEVE @ RED about plasma lined cylinders or *Naskil* plated walls..I know I spelled it wrong. I just read between the lines Dart sells a SBC Iron Eagle= think about it, use that in a LSX next block...BOOM! Offset the block and heads what do we have. 4.300 bore in a LSX, if Chris U can do it so can I is my mentality and I've talked to him also. And I'm not rich. I could just be happy with what I've got. But can't as this is my therapy. Funny thing is I took a entire truck apart still buying parts(it's back a roller rust Free)...Made Ls7 heads that I didn't need. This is what I do. Killer thing is I have everything...just money and time it's therapy. Ask Darth or TuskeyZ I've got everything for the Ls3 top end to come on here and really talk blank on pump gas VS bigger more expensive builds. I just like to research and do what the AVG is scared or not willing to do. Come up with something not everyone does and the 4.200+ bore is or was my last point. So I've got to have what everyone else has...Bull $#!+ not me. There's other ways to Shoot a horse.

Last edited by Patron; 01-01-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Banned

BTW Dart LSX next Iron block max bore is 4.220 and the aluminum is the same or 4.210.
I've searched may days trying to cheat. *Lsx block max bore is around 4.220 to 4.205 gasket gets so thin between the bores,Quote from Steve @ RED.

Thanks Darth and others....I'd like to say go to the 1st page and look at the ring combination. Who knew the new Gen 5 LT has a 1mm/1mm/2mm ring package. Now looking at even smaller rings for Total Seal to do Gap-less..... .8/.8/2mm. I'm still spec'ing. Just gotta find my new combination.

Last edited by Patron; 01-01-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:38 PM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

I know it makes for an enormous block, but I did like pontiacs 4.6" bore spacing. So easy to get big cubes.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:48 PM
Banned

Well it's not just that, but small blocks have light parts valve-train, thinner valves,crank,rods, etc. I love the Lsx but the older SBC has most things I like already: Cheat* the iron eagle for a larger bore, symmetrical sb2 heads or Rox7 just looked and found a pair for $3K. From there as you know I get Eagle cranks for what $750 new in the box what else is needed, rods any pair Eagle has for $500-600. I could take the 5.3 T got me and build it......1 problem everyone has built this and aluminum moves around to much to be called a street engine and asking for what I want. I'm looking to build around the bore wanted 4.250+ in a small block. We see and know 4.40 bore space blocks with meat can be offset to 4.50. I'd love to do or see a Lsx done it's not going to happen anytime soon. But I'm still calling to find out from Richard @ Dart.

Here's a funny thing most of you guys know about if they don't know then they don't...intake tells everything. Oh it's just a 383 sbc not knowing. Or a 427- 454 ls that we say is just a 408 or 416 ls3.

Last edited by Patron; 01-01-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:58 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,582 Likes on 2,202 Posts

Patron I’m following you. It’s therapy here as well. On the Dart website, their billet ls block says that the consumer has an UNLIMITED choice of bore centerline, bore size, deck height, etc. sounds like they will build you what you want. Exactly how big of a bore are you chasing? This is good stuff...

http://dartheads.com/dart-product/ls...billet-blocks/

Edit...just saw your post above...your a step ahead of me obviously.
Let us know how this turns out.

Last edited by Che70velle; 01-01-2018 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Posting at same time...lol.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Banned

Man that Block is $10k starting out the box. I had some goals some time back and most of what I wanted to do was already Done by ER Racing....Ls7 heads on a Lq4 Comp cams Adjustable stud mounted rockers that can hold over 750 lift along with other things and I followed him and asked questions and it always worked out. But had a idea for bigger but the bore has been a thing I've looked into well over 5yrs now....so I say just

Use and learn what you can and do it on your own budget. I Don't have to copy it line for line. These heads don't cost $6000+ and it's Nascar technology. Remember we are not looking for a copy but what will work for me this is my blueprint to follow. Good racing heads: is the Common thing Nascar Tech! Go look for SB2 heads on Fleabay or Racing junk.com and compare the cost VS LS racing heads: LSR, BES-CID, FED billet heads etc...Dart 10 degree heads start @ 3300 each no parts your in 7k before the gun goes off. Looks like NASCAR heads made for a LS.

URE/Marcella R0X Build Thread
Chevy...
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=115602

Ford...
Chris Uratchko

I ran C45 on the last run and it made about 30 more hp than pump gas, but I didn't tune on it... probably another 10-20 in it with timing and more carb tuning... sounded like a whole different engine at rpm.

Pump gas is JUNK. Dirty junk.... *457 ci with 900 lift... I posted that so no ?*

The engine made 1025 hp at 8300 rpm, and 730 Tq and 6300 rpm. on 93 Shell. Average is huge, only 25 hp down at 7500, and over 660 Tq at 5000. 120 PSI oil pressure and break in oil. I'm pretty happy.

I ran it with the Tunnel Ram, and then a Single Dominator with a Cast intake. I can duplicate the power and curves with the Cast intake so that will stay on the engine, likely. Has better manners, and will fit in the car better. Unless he wants to just have a dual tunnel ram for show.

This engine is a little higher rpm than I usually build these pump gas engines.... quite a bit higher. Not sure what I think about that right now.

Valvetrain was spintron developed at 3V performance. Super stable, low spring pressure.

Hard for me to believe when I'm pouring that junk fuel into the cell that it was going to spit out those numbers and carry rpm like that at 460 inches but.... she's a good one!!! Lots of work in the heads and intake. I went after the cam a little differently than I typically do also and it packed the cylinder like a *****. If the engine was even a little fat like 12.5-ish, it was pissed off even up in rpm..... so it's really efficient... so to speak. It wants to be 13.4-13.6 AFR which is not uncommon but it will talk back to you if it's fat, 11.8:1 compression.

He should be able to drive it to the track, run 8's, and drive it home if he chooses.
Just looked around and used SB2 heads from Hendrick race team was $2400 for the pair. Ro7 heads went for $3200 used from Hendrick also as a pair.

Last edited by Patron; 01-02-2018 at 12:43 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:27 AM
Banned

Man these damn amber alerts ......and people stealing kids. I'm up now, hell I don't sleep much as is ....

My dumb as looked right at the answer......Chris offset the top end not the block
My blind ***....I seen offset and I was off ....Chris Clearly said 4.5 BS SBC

IRON EAGLE SBC 4.500″ BS
Iron Eagle
Cylinder Bore: 4.180''
Deck Height: 9.325''
Cam Bore: Big Block Chevy
price is $3200

I'm dead the snake killed my blind ***!!!! But that's why you go over stuff. I'm dead after not Clearly seeing the 4.5 BS SBC snake.

Last edited by Patron; 01-02-2018 at 03:39 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:51 PM
Banned

Well after digg around and making calls everything was looking good, yet I kept running into the 1 question of the crankshaft itself. The 4.5 block was reasonable, pistons, top end all was good. But I was thinking why is there only like 4 people who make the 4.5 spacing crank. Called Dave @ Mile high cranks and a buddy over at Crower. Both said thing is it's only sold as a billet crank....Hence the cost! The crank itself is just as much as the block 3k and running. I'll stop here with this idea till I come up with something.

Quick Reply: EMC similar format with *New info & products*